What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDR

First Grade
Liverpool fans pissing and moaning. Just need the Chel$ki fans to turn up and start doing the same and my day will be perfect.

@BDR: I started supporting Illawarra and the Swans when they were wooden spooners - does that make me a glory hunter?

Maybe not with respect to those teams but you still are with United.

Soccer = Gay

Surely it has its own little forum somewhere around here?

I reckon the only reason you all talk soccer here is because talking soccer in an actual soccer forum is akin to coming out of the closet. If you talk soccer here, at least you can still maintain some sort of non-gay facade.
f**k you're original. And clever! :roll:

BDR

First Grade
Who the f**k are you to judge which team I should support?
You've taken it a little seriously pal, I genuinely couldn't care less who you support.

Surely this isn't the first time you've been called a glory hunter as a United fan?

Jason Maher

Immortal
You've taken it a little seriously pal, I genuinely couldn't care less who you support.

Surely this isn't the first time you've been called a glory hunter as a United fan?

Hardly. Every so often it gets up my nose a bit. The simple fact is every supporter of every team is a glory hunter. Anyone who is not out there on the pitch is hoping to bask in the reflected glory of the results of those who are, to which they have personally contributed very little.

It does annoy me that Manchester United supporters are the only ones who ever get singled out as glory hunters. Chel$ki, Liverpool, Arse, Fake Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juve, AC Milan - all teams who have massive international fan bases due to present or past success, but it's only United supporters who are "glory hunters" because of it.

I alos find the subtext "I'm better than you because I support a shit team and you support a good one" quite silly.

abpanther

Staff member
All pay your respects to your 2012 World Series champs, the San Francisco Giants!!!

Silent Knight

First Grade
Just went for my first run in 14 weeks today (due to combination of bad flu and then overseas holiday). I am so far off the pace it's not funny.

Nonetheless...

I shall run in the park
I shall run along the riverside
I shall run with growing confidence and growing strength in the streets
I shall never surrender.

Status
Not open for further replies.