What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallatia

Referee
in that case, I am having spit roasted goat at my next barbecue.
Will I have to find a special butcher? Everyone does lamb, but I am not even sure if my guy does goat meat, I am sure I can ask though.

Hallatia

Referee
I wonder if my butcher's good ... He always gives us bigger lambs than we ask for.

We ask for a 15 to 18 kilo lamb and he always gives us 20 to 25. They do charge you less per kilo for the larger ones, but I don't like having leftovers. Some people still eat and love meat done on the spit over a week later but I can't do it. Will still eat it up to 3 days later, but after that I really don't like it.

Bazal

Post Whore
25 is almost hoggett I think...which is awesome, I prefer hoggett to lamb...it has more flavour, but not as strong or tough as mutton

Hallatia

Referee
it's great the day you cook it, but the smokiness from the spit does something to it over time and I find the reaction unpleasant.

But, how amazing is back strap?

Jason Maher

Immortal
I wonder if you tallied all the pea hearts in this Australian team together, could you come up with one full-sized heart?

Bazal

Post Whore
Back strap is awesome, I can do a thousand things with it. But even though I love a nice rare backstrap, I like shanks and shoulder the most, I think.

Hallatia

Referee
shoulder is freaking amazing too, I didn't know lamb had shoulders, but boy am I grateful for the meat there.

Bazal

Post Whore
Shoulder is the best for lamb stews tbh, it has a nice amount of fat and can cook for hours

Skinner

Coach
25 is almost hoggett I think...which is awesome, I prefer hoggett to lamb...it has more flavour, but not as strong or tough as mutton

This x 25 million. I really would kill for some hogget. I just can't seem to find it.

Hallatia

Referee
it's very bright and sunny here and we have an afternoon T20, I hope my girls can rack up a decent total today. I can't see us getting them out too cheaply, so we'll need to make some runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.