What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorty

Staff member
So...because there's no peanut butter in my cupboard...I got the sh*ts with trying to build muscle tonight...and added a tiny portion of whey protein powder to my shake that was in the cupboard.
By my own experiments...large amounts of whey protein make me ill....but I'm sick of having to force soy into my damn body...lol we'll see how this goes down.

Cliffhanger

Coach
When I first switched from WPC to WPI, I threw up three times in a row, but now I have two servings a day and it's all good and I have a serving of WPC

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Never had to use protein powder when playing footy...the joys of playing in the backs, I was big enough already. Tried it when I wanted to get fit again after the surgeries, but it never seemed to help much

Cliffhanger

Coach
WPI and WPC on they're own aren't for building muscle, they're to aid in muscle recovery, they're low

If you want to bulk you need creatine or dextrose. WPC and WPI are both great for cutting along with a low carb diet.

Bazal

Post Whore
No idea what I used. Some stuff my mate who owns a gym makes himself. I've just never been able to gain mass, I assume that's the issue and tbh it's fine by me. I don't want mass anyway, I was just looking for a bit of help to get the mass I lost back but most of it has come back with just work and exercise anyway.

Really, in the end mass gaining is about maintaining a positive energy balance, a 2000-4000kJ deficit should do the trick; focussing on breaking up your meals so you can get more energy in(try avoiding to many low GI foods as this will keep you full, you don't want that).

Add a decent resistance training program and you'll put on mass in no time.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Really, in the end mass gaining is about maintaining a positive energy balance, a 2000-4000kJ deficit should do the trick; focussing on breaking up your meals so you can get more energy in(try avoiding to many low GI foods as this will keep you full, you don't want that).

Add a decent resistance training program and you'll put on mass in no time.

Deficit for mass gaining? Lol.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't want to gain mass anyway. Surgery left me with a couple of kegs of puppy fat I gotta lose, but I'm pretty happy being 5'11 and 85 odd kg after that

Dragon2010

First Grade
I have to put on weight prior to my operation lol. About 6% body fat and some muscle. About 4-6kgs in total. Gotta go from 72kg to 76-78kg.

Bazal

Post Whore
Knee. Shredded the cartilage and blew out the medial ligament. They tried to rebuild the carrtilage the first time so I was off for a while, didn't take so they had to go in again. It wasn't as hard core surgery as an ACL reco but the recovery was longer, because you have to keep the knee immobile so the cartilage has time to heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts