What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazal

Post Whore
FFS....why do merkins tell you the score when they know you're watching the game....

Bazal

Post Whore
Kearney has lost this side. They just couldn't care less anymore, that much is clear

Cliffhanger

Coach
They have a handful of solid players and there are several more who could be something good with some direction.

Bazal

Post Whore
If a new coach was to come in with a broom at Parra, which players should stay on next year?

Hayne
Mullaney
Blair
Morgan
Sio
Loko
Kelly
Sandow
Seage (He's not in top 25 but still)
Fui
Mannah
Allgood
Keating
Maitua
Paulo
Ryan

There are a couple of others who might be worth hanging on to for depth (Roberts maybe) or given a shot under a new coach (Horo) but honestly outside that lot I can't think of any

Jason Maher

Immortal
I am not sure a massive clean out of players is the way to go. I think Sandow was a bad investment though, that's for sure.

Yes, but if they tried to offload him, they'd have to pay part of his contract. I reckon the right coach could get something decent out of him. The dumber recruitment decision was letting Mateo go.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I can't believe Cheyse Blair is rated, he's an arrogant merkin and a mediocre player. I am glad he's not in our side any more.

Bazal

Post Whore
I am not sure a massive clean out of players is the way to go. I think Sandow was a bad investment though, that's for sure.

Sandow was a bad investment for Stephen Kearney. Why would you sign an off the cuff attacking half and try and force him into a structured plan behind a backrow that considers 50m run a good game...he cops an unfair rap for the fact that he is being used atrociously by the worst coach in the game.

I think Thurston or Cronk would struggle at Parramatta at the moment, I really do.

Shorty

Staff member
Bennett must be slightly uncomfortable, I defend Newcastle's failures in related threads but there's been no progress at all.
Maybe coaches and players sometimes just don't click.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Yes, but if they tried to offload him, they'd have to pay part of his contract. I reckon the right coach could get something decent out of him. The dumber recruitment decision was letting Mateo go.
Yeah I am not saying they should offload him, just saying he was a bad investment. There were more talented halfbacks who were going for less than half as much.

Bazal

Post Whore
I can't believe Cheyse Blair is rated, he's an arrogant merkin and a mediocre player. I am glad he's not in our side any more.

And I am glad he's in ours. He's raw and his defence is ordinary at this stage but he's big, strong, fast and talented. Reminds me of EGJ. Might not be anything but the signs are pretty hard to deny

Cliffhanger

Coach
Sandow was a bad investment for Stephen Kearney. Why would you sign an off the cuff attacking half and try and force him into a structured plan behind a backrow that considers 50m run a good game...he cops an unfair rap for the fact that he is being used atrociously by the worst coach in the game.

I think Thurston or Cronk would struggle at Parramatta at the moment, I really do.

Whatever happened to Tim Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts