What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Support Cronulla - Sunday Roast Insult

Eion

First Grade
The sydney city / central coast / sydney / south queensland / rockhampton / adelaide / perth sharks can all go and get farked. Cronulla sutherland sharks or death.

this is what i sent

"dear roast

its unfortunate that you selected the least successful man ever to carry the surname kennedy to waffle on about nonsense last week. Socceroo josh kennedy plays a completely different sport, but would have more credibility and offered much more to the panel than this obtuse, narrow minded individual. hopefully your guests will improve in the future.

i would ensure he was not on your show in the future, as he tarnishes channel 9's reputation as a quality sports broadcaster.

as he never played the game at a high level, what right does he have to decide who is in the comp and how can he tell me anything about the sport..with panelists such as gould and geyer, fittler...all the penrith guys from the 90's etc.

The sharks have a place in this competition, and it would be sad to lose them. if we have learn't nothing from the souths/bears debacles (and we havn't) its that dead clubs dont reflect well on our sport.

in closing i enjoy your show. your tireless crusade to rid the game of a corner post seems to have worked. its just a shame that your program director decided to put this talentless waste of a panel seat on the air.

Regards"

Generalzod

Immortal
Haha GZ - the dipsh!t read it out this morning if you missed it. He then carried on about:
how just about everyone in the shire goes for the dragons and how fugged we are,
how everyone thinks the development will be the answer to all the sharks problems, (but he is smarter than everyone and know it will not be)
how the board is divided.
I sent one in: "TK. Noone in sharks management are saying the development will solve all problems. The board is not divided. You are a goose. You just will never understand what clubs mean to sydneysiders." The guy is obviously a moron. I tuned in to listen to the sam stosur wrap and caught this sh!t instead.

I missed it...I had better things to do like sleep in this morning.
I thought he would never read it...So how the hell does he know that everyone in the Shire goes for the Dragons how did he come to that conclusion?, I guess he got the statistics from the latest census LOL.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Excluding the point about kicking the Sharks out of the comp, I completely agree with TK. & I am serious.
After all , he is a Sharks fan.
Time for the dozers to come in. The CRONULLA Sharks are dead. Long live the Sharks.

If you completely agree with TK except for one point it would be interesting to hear your take on this.

TK said:
how the board is divided.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think the board are divided but that doesnt necessarily mean it's a bad thing.
If the board a re genuine biusiness people there must be at least 50% of them that know the CRONULLA Sharks cannot continue. The Cronulla version may survive from financial drama to financial drama , but if they know their demographics, they know moving is the only real long term financially viable option that will create continuous & growing streams.
I know the Chairman is against this & probably the Pierce board survivors.
Commons sense tells me, the board are divided on this issue.

Stoner Rock

Juniors
Looks like whoever has the job of deciding which moron will adopt the Blacktip-Reefy persona this week has given it to TK himself. Get back in your cave TK and give the job to someone with at least 10% of their brain intact. I prefer the old Reefy.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think the board are divided but that doesnt necessarily mean it's a bad thing.
If the board a re genuine biusiness people there must be at least 50% of them that know the CRONULLA Sharks cannot continue. The Cronulla version may survive from financial drama to financial drama , but if they know their demographics, they know moving is the only real long term financially viable option that will create continuous & growing streams.
I know the Chairman is against this & probably the Pierce board survivors.
Commons sense tells me, the board are divided on this issue.

I'm not so sure about that unless these survivors were against moving when the previous board was going to take 6 games away this year. That wouldn't seem logical.

Look at the board composition as it is now. The vote is likely to be 7-3 due to there being 2 members from the Chairman's original ticket and 4 member endorsed appointees.

If the chairman is against moving and presumably has the majority of a split board in his corner how do you think this move or die thing can occur?

The Dodger

First Grade
i told you we should have had Rodney-O as MC on gamedays.

DEEEEEEEEE TTTTRRRRRRRAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNN!!!!!!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
If the chairman is against moving and presumably has the majority of a split board in his corner how do you think this move or die thing can occur?

I don't agree with your speculation on how the Pierce board members voted on taking home games away. But that vote was not about relocation, purely financial short term gain.

In regards to the move or die policy, well that can only happen 1 way. Policy change or governance change with policy change.

The idea that all means of trying to make the business survive where it is at prior to relocation has zero chance of working, because too much money will be invested in trying to make that happen & incorrect decisions are being made based upon that. For instance somebody develops the land now then in 5 years the stadium & club land become available. Would that have meant a different & more profitable development in the first instance.? I say yes.
So look at the move or die strategy.

1. We take all games immediately to Aussie. No loss in corporates & perhaps even an increase with the more room. bigger crowds. Payment for using Aussie. Savings, no upkeep on stadium, sell big screen, salvage stands & incidentals, no wages. I reckon that would equate to more mpney thatn what the leagues club injects or has ever injected.

2. The cash injection from the developer would go towards the purchase of new land in the Sutherland area for a 20k stadium & or club integrated into the stands.

3. Play at Aussiee until funds are material and build said stands ground club.

4. Now have 2 stream of revenue in the licenses club & the development & a stadium that strategically limits the St Merger & captures potential traffic heading towards the Workers or Bizzos

5. Will capitalise on area with growth potential particularly kids.

well

all i know is this. Souths play at homebush and they 100k a game regardless of who turns up.

they were at aussie but the SCG trust are notoriously stingy.

one would wonder if infact ANZ wasnt a better option.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't agree with your speculation on how the Pierce board members voted on taking home games away. But that vote was not about relocation, purely financial short term gain.

I didn't expect you would agree but since you posted I have found out that it was actually a unanimous decision of the old board to move games for short term gain and breathing space.

Sources for unamimous vote to move games

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=5616859&postcount=52

http://www.sharks.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=16243

In regards to the move or die policy, well that can only happen 1 way. Policy change or governance change with policy change.

The idea that all means of trying to make the business survive where it is at prior to relocation has zero chance of working, because too much money will be invested in trying to make that happen & incorrect decisions are being made based upon that. For instance somebody develops the land now then in 5 years the stadium & club land become available. Would that have meant a different & more profitable development in the first instance.? I say yes.
So look at the move or die strategy.

1. We take all games immediately to Aussie. No loss in corporates & perhaps even an increase with the more room. bigger crowds. Payment for using Aussie. Savings, no upkeep on stadium, sell big screen, salvage stands & incidentals, no wages. I reckon that would equate to more mpney thatn what the leagues club injects or has ever injected.

2. The cash injection from the developer would go towards the purchase of new land in the Sutherland area for a 20k stadium & or club integrated into the stands.

3. Play at Aussiee until funds are material and build said stands ground club.

4. Now have 2 stream of revenue in the licenses club & the development & a stadium that strategically limits the St Merger & captures potential traffic heading towards the Workers or Bizzos

5. Will capitalise on area with growth potential particularly kids.

1. What do you mean by immediately when you say take all games to Aussie. 2011 I suppose because it can't be done for the rest of this year due to TV deals etc??

2. The cash injection hasn't happened yet and may not.

I don't know if all your details are correct, probably not but for the record I believe your ideas to be the best of what I have heard so far. You are at least looking at ways of addressing the auditors criteria for viability.

Vossy

Bench

what makes you think that people who wont turn up to the game when they can walk a couple of blocks to the ground, will suddenly decide to go the half an hour trip by car or 1 hour train ride to go to the SFS..

we are the CRONULLA SUTHERLAND sharks not the SYDNEY sharks

you are delusional

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
what makes you think that people who wont turn up to the game when they can walk a couple of blocks to the ground, will suddenly decide to go the half an hour trip by car or 1 hour train ride to go to the SFS..

we are the CRONULLA SUTHERLAND sharks not the SYDNEY sharks

you are delusional

You are a dope. Cronulla is an ageing/dying population. The replacement population have no ties to the Sharks. The fact is , the merkins who live a few blocks from the club or even a short drive aren't doing either. I speak to more St George supporters in Cronulla now, than Sharks supporters.
The growth areas for THE SHARKS is in the outer shire growth suburbs with lots of kids. Menai, Engadines, COMO & also north of Sylvania etc etc.
The majority of young people NOW living in Cronulla in high density housing arrangements, come from THOSE suburbs, not Cronulla.
One day VOssy when you are old enough , you will understand DEMOGRAPHICS. Right now the CRONULLA SHARKS are fighting a LOST battle in demographics & the chairman & board are of the mistaken belief that corporate sponsorship will substitute. It won't
I hope their demographic information is telling them something different than the real estate market because if it isn't, we are dead in the water & soon.
I may be delusional, but you are under-educated.

Inferno

Coach
I think there is a reason the bunnies play at homebush rather than Aussie Reefy. I highly doubt we'd be able to get 100k a game to play there.

As it is we are probably the team with the lowest drawing crowds at the moment playing a fairly boring brand of footy and not winning many games.

Vossy

Bench
i thought you had all fanny fan club people on the ignore list, nice to know you cant resist

not once did i say make a dramatic move away from shark park like the delusional BTR is suggesting, a couple of games to the CC or such, we get some cash and we promote the game and it helps us survive

not the shyte BTR is suggesting

by the way BTR, when was the last time you went to shark park?

Frenzy.

Immortal
You thought wrong, as usual. You are incorrect about me not being able to resist. There has never been an ignore list which goes to show that people like you believe anything written here.

Tucky

Juniors
Watched the end of the FNF last night and Andrew Voss made a tongue in cheek reference to the Sunday Roast this coming Sunday and TK the "Sharks fan" or something like that being on the show this week.

I don't normally make it a habit of watching the show, but might tune in and see what he says this week.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Watched the end of the FNF last night and Andrew Voss made a tongue in cheek reference to the Sunday Roast this coming Sunday and TK the "Sharks fan" or something like that being on the show this week.

I don't normally make it a habit of watching the show, but might tune in and see what he says this week.

So TK has done his job very well. As a Sharks fan he has created debate & passion & as an employee he has created controversy & interest for both his radio show & TV show.

Latest posts