What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Support Cronulla - Sunday Roast Insult

millersnose

Post Whore
I think there is a reason the bunnies play at homebush rather than Aussie Reefy. I highly doubt we'd be able to get 100k a game to play there.

As it is we are probably the team with the lowest drawing crowds at the moment playing a fairly boring brand of footy and not winning many games.

marketing is a tough gig in 2010 and with a labore government not likely to get better

if you were in the marketing department of a major company you would be aware that corporate boxes were one of the first things to be axed as they were marginal to begin with

the company i worked for had 1 at the scg and dumped it this year because of the lack of events

these grounds are actively trying to get corporate dollars by selling such services

it doesnt matter about the individual club - it is as much about who they are playing and the overall fact that it is yet another venue the box holder can bring his clients to that is the issue

rather than sell their medium size boxes at 180k per year they would like to charge 280k per year

Quigs

Immortal
So what happend on the Roast today.

I was all settled on the lounge for the Roast as you do sometimes on a Sunday, when whoppy farkin do, the Queensland mob decide to cross to Mooloolabah for some young chic sailing a boat into the harbour.

f**king Queensland, it's agreat place to live but geeze the Queenslanders that live here can be a pain in the arse.

So back to the point, anything of excitement happen in todays show.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Genius Freak

Juniors
They made fun of it basically. They gave Kennedy a Sharks hat and lanyard, but of course he argued that the only people who complained were Sharks fans, so that most people wouldn't care if the Sharks folded.

He then claimed jokingly that it was a masterplan by he and Ricky to produce last night's result. He, Vossy and Geyer are still dickheads for mine!

Apey

Staff member
Lol I thought he handled it pretty well.

They said he copped a lot of criticism for it and he expected that and said it was fair enough. Said it was part of his and Ricky's gameplan as a joke.

He's still a muppet on The Roast though.

Inferno

Coach
He's a dickhead.

How about MG jumping on the Barret train. This week he says he "has to be there". Last week he said it's a joke if he's the best we have available.

What about Gus, reckons the halves combination should be Lewis at 5/8 and Baz at Halfback :lol:

Generalzod

Immortal
He's a dickhead.

How about MG jumping on the Barret train. This week he says he "has to be there". Last week he said it's a joke if he's the best we have available.

What about Gus, reckons the halves combination should be Lewis at 5/8 and Baz at Halfback :lol:

I still don't understand what MG brings to the media industry, the bloke can't even talk properly

Since 73

First Grade
what makes you think that people who wont turn up to the game when they can walk a couple of blocks to the ground, will suddenly decide to go the half an hour trip by car or 1 hour train ride to go to the SFS..

Exactly why our time at Shark Park is up.

Any professional sporting organistaion that has 10 000 people attending their home games is dying.

Pure and Simple.

Unless they have a Theme park next door which brings in a few lazy mill each year.

We don't. We rely on crowds.

If we sit back, do nothing and expect the crowds to suddenly grow after Flano takes over, buys Inglis and Thurston and we win the comp we are fugged in da head.

Pure and simple. It won't happen.

I see the Tigers on the TV.

Winning games, supporters happy about that, no mention of financial collapse - playing at a big empty stadium.

Wake up and face reality.

Someone will GIVE US 100K for doing what we would be doing anyway.

Do we sit and die just to keep the people happy who won't sit on a train for half an hour??

Frenzy.

Immortal
Exactly why our time at Shark Park is up.

Any professional sporting organistaion that has 10 000 people attending their home games is dying.

Pure and Simple.

Unless they have a Theme park next door which brings in a few lazy mill each year.

We don't. We rely on crowds.

If we sit back, do nothing and expect the crowds to suddenly grow after Flano takes over, buys Inglis and Thurston and we win the comp we are fugged in da head.

Pure and simple. It won't happen.

I see the Tigers on the TV.

Winning games, supporters happy about that, no mention of financial collapse - playing at a big empty stadium.

Wake up and face reality.

Someone will GIVE US 100K for doing what we would be doing anyway.

Do we sit and die just to keep the people happy who won't sit on a train for half an hour??

Bloody good idea that. We could have a Warner Bros Looney Toons Theme Park. We've already got Elmer.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I still don't understand what MG brings to the media industry, the bloke can't even talk properly
he brings nuthin.
he says outrageous things because he can get away with it.
has he brought out his auto-biography yet???, if not will be here soon - probally in crayon with a join the dots cut out section - titled
"my life as a brick"

Since 73

First Grade
Bloody good idea that. We could have a Warner Bros Looney Toons Theme Park. We've already got Elmer.

We don't need to steal the Warner Bros dudes - we have our very own bunch of Loony Tunes.

We've got Zaps.
His handicapped benefactor.
And George 'what's up doc' Roper.

The Noddy ride would be easily the most popular.
You sit in a little car with littles legs that run you all over the park for 80 minutes and when you get off you notice you really haven't achieved anything.
the kids love it.
you can go on it week after week and never get tired of it.