What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supporters/Members

Do you think theres much of a difference between supporters/members

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering after a discussion we have been having on another thread what people think.

If you are a supporter of a team should it matter where you live and if you have membership rights??

I mean does it make you less of a supporter if your not a member of the club hence maybe cause you live 12 hrs away from the club for a start, although you do have alot of merchandise that would be going to club to help fund it.

I think its ridiculous for someone to ridicule someone because they don't have a knights emblem tattoed on there skin so that makes them less of a fan.

I just think some of the comments people have been touching on is stupid and pathetic

Spike

First Grade
Like I said in the other thread, I'm a member and a supporter. I pay my early membership because I choose to and I'm a supporter because I'll rally behind the club regardless of what happens. I know I'd rather have a "supporter" sitting next to me with the same level of passion for the Knights that I have, than a fairweathered "member" who turns their back on the club through tough times.

Well that wrong, those people are selfish

im sorry but I am not going to put a heap of ink in my skin to go around saying hey look at me im that obsessed with the knights I'll get a tattoo.

Anyone that knows me would know that my house is a knights heaven :p everything I own is knights gear :p and its all around different sections of my home.

Im a proud knights supporter :D

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
I know someone who is going to love this thread. :lol:

Supporter/member, in my opinion neither of these is "better". As long as you support your team through good times as well as bad, your status means nothing to me.

As a Brisbane-based Knights supporter, if anyone tells me I'm not a "real" fan because of my location, then you know what they can do? Kiss my ar$e. I'd rather be a supporter living up here, than a member living there whose passion is questionable.

If people pay to be a member and thus are involved in decisions concerning the club, I have no problem with that. If I lived in Newcastle I'd definitely consider a membership. But I personally see no use in a membership for me now, since I live all the way up here. It doesn't mean I'm less of a fan because I don't inject much-needed money into the club through the cost of membership. I contribute in other ways. I can confidently say I am a genuine Knights supporter. I wonder if some other "members" who have posted recently can say that.

Johns-All-Day said:
I know someone who is going to love this thread. :lol:

I agree with you wholeheartedly, If i lived in newie I would definitely get a membership because I would know I could attend all the games and be able to share my passion with all other knights supporters in the same rhealm.

Unfortunately however I do live in Brisbane, therefore see no need to pay $30 a year as I would not be able to attend fan days, games etc.

So I would rather buy merchandise it still goes to the same cause and I get better use out of it than I would a membership.

Alex28

Coach
I live 5 hours from Newcastle and am a member of the club...why is distance a reason not to be a member?

I don't agree with Big Tim in regards to supporting a team as opposed to supporting a club. I'll make that clear right now.

However in this time where the Knights require our membership dollars more than ever, if you don't like decisions the club make, if you haven't dug into your pockets and paid the pretty minor amount to become a member, you really have nothing to bitch about. They are providing you with free entertainment - especially if you don't see a game live all season.

I am lucky to make it to a game all season - some years I may end up at 2 or 3 games...some years none. I don't really get all that much value out of my membership, yet I pay it year in-year out - because I am doing my thing for the club.

So...besides being tight, what reason do you all have for not being a member - no matter where you live? Saying "but I have merchandise" is not a valid reason - all you are saying is "I want something out of paying money to support the club" (I also have enough merchandise don't worry...).

(I'm not saying you are any less a fan if you choose not to be a member, I just don't think you are contributing anything towards the club besides being a fan (and the odd bitching).)

Well you do have a point, the only point Johns and I have been trying to get across to Big Tim, is just because we haven't pay our membership fees doesn't make us less of a fan.

But I have a friend who is a knights supporter and ever year for christmas I give them money to renew there membership.

So I guess in someway I am helping the club??

Parki

Bench
No matter who wins this arguement...everybody loses

Wow, the first sensible thing to come out of 2 days worth of Parki/Tim bashing.. the truth is, no one really cares, as long as you guys have someone to attack it doesent really matter does it? KF 13, you have about as much intelligence as a dead raccoon for posting this topic, clearly you did it just to get at me and big tim, and wow surprise surprise, wouldnt you know, everyone else has joined in on your crusade.

Dead set, your an idiot. In this time, you have diehard fans like me and tim wanting to turn our backs on the game we love, and all you can say is "well theres the door get the f**k out?" why would we want to continue supporting with you guys? The saying "Our town, our team" isnt really going very far is it? When one or two people decide to voice an opinion, its "lets get the torches and string them up like witches"

come on guys, this isnt the 17th century, so why are we all acting like it? Do you guys like fighting every second of the day? Im sure ill come back from work and there will be a nice little barrage of hate mail directed at me, because you guys cant understand what i said, but please, if you have any brains at all take the time to think about it.

No parki I didn't, I was actucally interested to find out what people thought?? Is it wrong to get peoples opinions on a topic that you think is worth discussing??

Go support the roosters parki, they need ya, you do live in sydney closer to go for home game :lol: :lol: :lol:

Parki

Bench
No parki I didn't, I was actucally interested to find out what people thought?? Is it wrong to get peoples opinions on a topic that you think is worth discussing??

IF you honestly think thats the reason why you posted it, then you really are delusional

Well that wrong, those people are selfish

im sorry but I am not going to put a heap of ink in my skin to go around saying hey look at me im that obsessed with the knights I'll get a tattoo.

Anyone that knows me would know that my house is a knights heaven everything I own is knights gear and its all around different sections of my home.

Im a proud knights supporter
Gee... i wonder who that was directed at, yeah that was truly an opinion on whether Membership and Supporters? Funny, It looks like an attack on Big Tim? Would you like me to go on? Here, heres some more

just think some of the comments people have been touching on is stupid and pathetic

Wow, that also relates to knights supporters/members doesent it? Funny, that looks to me like your attacking me and tim for our comments

Please, if your going to start a "stir" topic, at least have the guts to admit it

Parki that was my opening statement to get the ball rolling, Now the ball is rolling I don't believe anyone has attacked you since that statement.

Oh expect for the comment that you missed about going to support the rooosters :D that was a suggestion.

I have not created a stir topic, I have created a topic that I wanted peoples opinions, because I'm do not feel it right to say that someone 'is not a true fan" because they are not the member of a club :arrow:

Hell Bitch

Juniors
Parki said:
Dead set, your an idiot.

Plus a hypocrit, and a hanger-on. KF13 just hangs on what the more popular forrummers say. I dont think he/she has an original opinion on anything and is evidenced by his/her need to start this dim-witted poll to re-assure itself.

I assume the 13 is your age. even at that you come across as an immature , desperate hanger.

Parki - dont know you from a bar of soap but dont honour these fools with your responses.

Alex28

Coach
Knights_fan13 said:
Well you do have a point, the only point Johns and I have been trying to get across to Big Tim, is just because we haven't pay our membership fees doesn't make us less of a fan.

But I have a friend who is a knights supporter and ever year for christmas I give them money to renew there membership.

So I guess in someway I am helping the club??

In a way you are not helping the club - you are helping your friend help the club.

Thank god some people are finally beginning to agree with me - KF13 you are a fool...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey at least we are helping the club together, I pay the fees they get the luxuries of associating :D :D

Hell Bitch

Juniors
Knights_fan13 said:
3 cheers for the intelligence of some people *HIP HIP HOORAY*

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Excellent comeback.

Now run along behind Kaz with your tongue hanging out and you might get a pat on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts