What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surpised at predictions

eels_fan_01

Bench
I have been suprised at how many of the so called "experts" dont have the eels in their top 8 this year.

We have kept basically the same team and did finish 1st on for and agaisnt and they think we wont make the 8?

I thought we would be in most peoples top 4, i think we will finish about 4th this season.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm not really surprised when you look at who the experts are who have us missing the 8

- Roy Masters
- Steve Mortimer
- Gary Freeman (might have had us in 8th)

They are all people who have some form of a grudge.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i thought paul kent hated us, but he has us as Premiers... was i wrong?

fish eel

Immortal
Paul Kent used to play for us!!

I was surprised a few people in the tele today had us missing the 8...including steve mascord

eels_fan_01

Bench
JessEel said:
i thought paul kent hated us, but he has us as Premiers... was i wrong?

I never thought he hated us.

Thats kinda scary, he predicted a Roosters vs Broncos GF middle through the season last year! :roll: :lol: He was close!

JessEel

yea well you suck jez!!

my bad, i must have him mixed up with someone else

PB

Bench
If you look at the 8 from last year, the Roosters (although the Roosters lack forward depth) and the Dogs are really the only two sides i can see coming into the 8 (Knights also if Johns plays 3/4 of the season).

Who would drop out to squeeze them in?

Manly are a possible, particularly if they lose a couple of games at home.

Cronulla are a chance if slipping. And i think the Cowboys are due for a down year, particularly over the rep period. Also remembering they only finished 5th we finished first.

So i would think that those three clubs are more likely than us to drop out of the 8.

Smartman

Juniors
I dont hold a grudge against Parramatta :lol:

They will come first in the MINOR premiership.....

The end.

JessEel

im not suprised you can't hold a grudge, your hands would be full pretty much all the time huh? ;-) :lol:

Smartman

Juniors
JessEel said:
im not suprised you can't hold a grudge, your hands would be full pretty much all the time huh? ;-) :lol:

Its hard to hold a grudge against the eels, they have won sweet fekk all for the past 2 decades excluding World sevens, Minor Premierships and Denis Fitzy favorite Club Championships :lol: :lol: :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
Smartman said:
Its hard to hold a grudge against the eels, they have won sweet fekk all for the past 2 decades excluding World sevens, Minor Premierships and Denis Fitzy favorite Club Championships :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd rather not win anything than cheat to win.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Smartman said:

Are you questioning our credibility as a club? I think even if we didnt win anything we would have more than the Bulldogs. I dont have any grudges agaisnt Bulldogs either i remember all their highlights.....the firecracker guy at the game, the coffs habour incident, salary cap rorts oh and yeah they did win a premiership.

parra73

Juniors
blah blah........ lets not dwell on the past & worry about 2006 but then again its pretty hard not to hold a grudge on a doggies supporter that knows they will go down without a whimper in 06.

fish eel

Immortal
eels_fan_01 said:
Are you questioning our credibility as a club? I think even if we didnt win anything we would have more than the Bulldogs. I dont have any grudges agaisnt Bulldogs either i remember all their highlights.....the firecracker guy at the game, the coffs habour incident, salary cap rorts oh and yeah they did win a premiership.

The wooden spoon :lol: :lol: