What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surprise Surprise

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Dragon said:
Its gonna cost someone a semi or GF, then we might see the league community actually stand together and say enough is enough. The knights didnt get a penalty till the 53rd minute against the Warriors tonight. Sounds familiar to when we played the warriors. Same ref btw. Its becoming clear who the NRL wants in the 8, and its f**king disgraceful.

bullsh*t.

How do you explain some of the utterly shameful decisions the Warriors have received this year? Two rubbish send offs, a billion legit tries dissallowed (and usually acknowledged by the NRL as being wrong and a few partridges in pear trees.

innsaneink

Referee
thommo4pm said:
You should never have been in the match.
Ryan should have been sent from the field...we had Adam Peek sent for something much less then that.
The El Masri try before half time was not a try in so many different ways it's not funny.
14-0 at half time you guys are gone.

Morrin had his hand on Creagh before SBW had taken the ball from his grasp.
andrew Ryan allowed to play on despite a shepherd also....
ahh stuff it, it's clear the NRL don't want saints in it this year.
St George did not blow the game, if we had 60% possession rate, it was because of our good work, not the result of terrible refereeing calls which you guys benfited from.

An elbow to the head is much less than a careless high shot on a player falling????
LMAO!!
No idea.

Mr Saab

Referee
Nothing wrong with the SBW try. He had ripped the ball free just before Morrin came in.
As for the Ryan incident, Same as the Tonie Carroll on White incident origin 1.
Ryan had no chance to adjust.
If Soward could kick goals......................

CharlieF

Juniors
Blaze said:
The SBW clip was a classic case of benefit of the doubt.

Great play. What is the actual rule though? SBW started the strip when it was 1 on 1. The second player came in just as SBW was completing the strip.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the stripping rule it seems that common sense was applied, and the right decision was made.

These are the actual rules:

Where a player steals the ball from a player on whom he is effecting
a tackle, play will be allowed to continue. Where two or more players
are effecting the same tackle - irrespective of whether all but one
“drops off” the tackle, and the ball is subsequently taken from the
tackled player, a penalty will be awarded against the player or players
effecting the tackle.

SBW had not finished taking the ball when the second tackler came in. It doesn't matter if it was a forgone conclusion.

The video ref is asked to make decisions on what he sees, not just what he thinks. I saw SBW and another Dogs player both with the hands on the tackled player at the same time as SBW and Hornby (I think)had there hands on the ball.

You are considered off-side even if its 5 cms and even if you have nothing to do with the play.

Its annoying because they are so f**kin inconsistent​

drake

First Grade
Almost every game has sh*t house refereeing decisions. Saints do seem to be on the NRLs sh*tlist for fairy tales, but it all comes down to the coach and players preparing for it.

In the end, the game was decided by the Dogs being switched on for ten minutes longer and having the best goal kicker I've seen.

I'd love to see the referees do there job properly every week, but I bet the fans of every other team wants the same thing.

Mr Saab

Referee
drake said:
I'd love to see the referees do there job properly every week, but I bet the fans of every other team wants the same thing.

I'd love my teams players to do their job properly every week.

JK

thommo4pm said:
You should never have been in the match.
Ryan should have been sent from the field...we had Adam Peek sent for something much less then that.
The El Masri try before half time was not a try in so many different ways it's not funny.
14-0 at half time you guys are gone.

Morrin had his hand on Creagh before SBW had taken the ball from his grasp.
andrew Ryan allowed to play on despite a shepherd also....
ahh stuff it, it's clear the NRL don't want saints in it this year.
St George did not blow the game, if we had 60% possession rate, it was because of our good work, not the result of terrible refereeing calls which you guys benfited from.

:-({|=

I love it. You seem to ignore two forward passes, one of which led directly to a try, and mention a supposed shepherd where the player was tackled anyway. Great stuff whinger!

thommo4pm

Coach
innsaneink said:
An elbow to the head is much less than a careless high shot on a player falling????
LMAO!!
No idea.

No Idea hey...
Jason Ryles did the exact same thing against Gary Winter at Brookvale a few years back and got suspended for 4 weeks.
Explain that to me????
Ryan made illegal contact with the head of an opposing player who was subsequently taken from the field with concussion for 40 minutes.
Regardless of your mindless pointless opinion the wrong interpretation was applied and Ryan should have been sent.
I was at the game and didn't hear Daley's comments so I'm not replying to what he had to say about the incident...for those of you who are thinking us Dragons fans are going by his comments.

JK - I love it. You seem to ignore two forward passes, one of which led directly to a try, and mention a supposed shepherd where the player was tackled anyway. Great stuff whinger!

Where are these so called forward passes?
You ignore the points I raised.
Ryan should have been sent, El-Masri's first try should not have been given for points already raised, and SBW's try was not a try by the letter of the law.
Yeah keep telling me we are whingers...imagine if that was against the Dogs, the outcry from Folkes and your supporters would be horrendous.

thommo4pm

Coach
Wheelsy said:
:lol: What a great game that was.

Usual whinging from St Merge as always. The refs, the jerseys, the merge in the first place... there's always an excuse.

Can't wait to belt the crap out of you blokes at WIN in 2 weeks and destroy your season.
We have nothing left to play for but to ruin everyone else's season...and you guys are 2nd on the list.

Bucket said:
forward pass for melbourne's second try 99 GF another decision that cost us a Finals win......we were robbed fair and square tonight, dogs should never have even been in a position to take the game, while we made some crucial errors at times the bs reffing decisions directly influenced the outcome of the game. El Masri clearly had no control of the ball in that first try and in regard to the sonny bill strip- the rule states that the ball can't be stripped in a 2 man tackle, Sonny hadn't completed the strip and Creagh still had some control of the ball when Morrin makes contact so it effectively then becomes a 2 man tackle, and how does mander justify giving benefit of the doubt to the defending team anyway......if i'm not mistaken Creagh was attacking and sonny was defending. And wtf was Ryles penalised for in that perfect shoulder charge on O'Meley?????

Stop sooking about 99...cop it on ya glass chin mate. I watched the game last night and the Dragons lost it for themselves.

Ryan's tackle was not that bad...Ryles was falling in the tackle.:roll:

Dragon said:
Its gonna cost someone a semi or GF, then we might see the league community actually stand together and say enough is enough. The knights didnt get a penalty till the 53rd minute against the Warriors tonight. Sounds familiar to when we played the warriors. Same ref btw. Its becoming clear who the NRL wants in the 8, and its f**king disgraceful.

what about if it costs a team a spot in the semi final? we (roosters) were absolutely f**kin ripped off in 2 games in 2005, one particular against manly when 2 of their tries were from forward passes, one was deadset 5 metres, one of our tries was disallowed for a forward pass which wasn't, we lose by 8 i think, another against parramatta i think that decisions cost us the game and we miss the semi's by 2 points.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
wahhhhh wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhh

Ryan should have been sent off for that? lol

What about the clear elbow to the face that Adam Perry copped to his face that the ref didnt happen to see in front of his face yet the the touchie did from the sideline?

What about when we made a break down eastern side of the touchline and our player (Ben Roberts i think) was clearly held on so his players could get back? Last time i checked that is a professional foul and off to the sin bin you go?

The refereeing decisions went clearly against both sides you sooks!

The refereeing didnt cost you the game, your defence died in the ass towards the end of the match

Once a choker, always a choker

:)

innsaneink

Referee
thommo4pm said:
No Idea hey...
Jason Ryles did the exact same thing against Gary Winter at Brookvale a few years back and got suspended for 4 weeks.
Explain that to me????
Ryan made illegal contact with the head of an opposing player who was subsequently taken from the field with concussion for 40 minutes.
Regardless of your mindless pointless opinion the wrong interpretation was applied and Ryan should have been sent.
I was at the game and didn't hear Daley's comments so I'm not replying to what he had to say about the incident...for those of you who are thinking us Dragons fans are going by his comments.

JK - I love it. You seem to ignore two forward passes, one of which led directly to a try, and mention a supposed shepherd where the player was tackled anyway. Great stuff whinger!

Where are these so called forward passes?
You ignore the points I raised.
Ryan should have been sent, El-Masri's first try should not have been given for points already raised, and SBW's try was not a try by the letter of the law.
Yeah keep telling me we are whingers...imagine if that was against the Dogs, the outcry from Folkes and your supporters would be horrendous.

Totally irrelevant to my post that you quoted.

I argued an elbow to the head is much worse than an accidental high shot, something you disagree with...if you cant stick to topic, then dont reply again.

BTW...digging around several years back for another incident apparently similar is really scraping the barrel and gives you even less cred you already dont have.

_Johnsy

Referee
we were simply not good enough last night, however the doggies cannot/will not win the comp, based on what I saw last night.

thommo4pm

Coach
innsaneink said:
Totally irrelevant to my post that you quoted.

I argued an elbow to the head is much worse than an accidental high shot, something you disagree with...if you cant stick to topic, then dont reply again.

BTW...digging around several years back for another incident apparently similar is really scraping the barrel and gives you even less cred you already dont have.

If you can't work out the point I was making then you are not quite there.
Peek was sent for minimal contact and Dykes stayed on the field.
Ryles was out cold and Ryan stayed on the field.
Explain that to me.
I would rather an elbow to the ear(with the smallest of contact) then a swinging arm to my jaw every day of the week.

Digging around several years ago is just highlighting how Saints are looked at in the eyes of the NRL and used a classic example.
So Ryles was falling into the tackle last night? Irrelevant, and the example I used on Ryles v Winter highlights the inconsistancies in the NRL over some teams.

What makes you think you have any cred anywhere, because you have a high post count?
Big deal. So you are an internet hero...congrats.
Just cause I don't waste all my time stuck in front of a square screen doesn't give you more cred then anyone else. I prefer going to the games and following my team then sitting in front of a square screen.
I haven't gone off topic at all....I just know my footy and you can't explain the differences.

innsaneink

Referee
Peek intentionally raised his elbow and hit Dykes in the head, late, after kicking, Ryan accidentally hit Ryles as he was falling after initially being hit low.

Chalk & cheese.

BTW, didnt say I have cred, said you have none.

again....chalk & cheese.

jimmythehand

Juniors
the calls that went against the dragons were 50/50 at worst, and it's the attacking team that gets the benefit of the doubt so the calls were right. I actually would have given both tries without benefit of the doubt because I couldn't see anything that should have stopped them. It looked to me like SBW had the ball before Morrin got there, and it looked to me like Hazem caught the ball again before grounding it (he even came up off the ground with the ball still wedged between his arm and body). There was some doubt to both but the way I saw it both looked sweet.

BTW I don't think the attacking team is the team with the ball, it's the team who's in the opponents half. If dragons had the ball from the same scrum and passed it into the ref it's a dogs scrum feed isn't it?

Latest posts