What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survival of the NRL and NRL Clubs

Noise

Coach
So it seems like the conference system is going to have to go ahead. What about you play every team in your conference twice? 14 rounds. First 2 rounds already played count (so it's actually 16 rounds in total) but it gives plenty of time for teams to make up wins. Then top 4 in each conference play off in the semi finals.

1st in conference A vs 4th in conference B etc

Operation Apollo has just been sorted. You are welcome.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So it seems like the conference system is going to have to go ahead. What about you play every team in your conference twice? 14 rounds. First 2 rounds already played count (so it's actually 16 rounds in total) but it gives plenty of time for teams to make up wins. Then top 4 in each conference play off in the semi finals.

Nicely done Wayne.

strider

Post Whore

So whats the point of conferences? ... that all sydney teams get to stay in sydney near their homes and brisbane get to be the only team near their home in the other conference? Lol

Noise

Coach
So whats the point of conferences? ... that all sydney teams get to stay in sydney near their homes and brisbane get to be the only team near their home in the other conference? Lol
Yep, it's purely to limit travel and help with isolation. Teams will bunkering down in a central location and playing at venues relatively close. The Sydney conference will likely bunker down around Homebush and stay in the hotels around the precinct.

strider

Post Whore
Yep, it's purely to limit travel and help with isolation. Teams will bunkering down in a central location and playing at venues relatively close. The Sydney conference will likely bunker down around Homebush and stay in the hotels around the precinct.
But they wont be with their families?
Will they be isolated from their families? I assume so cos dont want em infecting players.
So why not bunker all teams in the same place and let em all play eachother?

I mean the non-sydney conference has all teams away from their homes

Will they be isolated from their families? I assume so cos dont want em infecting players.

Yep because unless it's total isolation it almost certainly won't work. Once someone gets infected games will have to be cancelled and the whole thing will become a joke.

84 Baby

Referee
What are they planning to do come finals time?
Play the grand final at Homebush and the QLD conference team has to hope they allowed to travel?

Noise

Coach

Yep isolated from families. Maybe they are having trouble with logistics of every team in the same location - accom, fields, gymnasiums etc

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

F**k off Wayne.

Noise

Coach
Live: NRL will ask players to enter a prison-like ‘bubble’. Cam Smith says that’s not on

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...n/news-story/6416be60ff2d3429f2cd20fe489c6550

Tell him to get f**ked.
They will have a choice. Players that want to go ‘in the bubble’ and play go in there and play. Those that choose not to like Cam and Darius can choose to stay home.
We may have seen those merkins play there last game. I know I will miss Cam and Darius terribly.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
They will have a choice. Players that want to go ‘in the bubble’ and play go in there and play. Those that choose not to like Cam and Darius can choose to stay home.
We may have seen those merkins play there last game. I know I will miss Cam and Darius terribly.
Cam will be shifted straight into a TV gig post-retirement. He'll be more ubiquitous than the Johns brothers combined (and only half as entertaining).