What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspensions

Angry_eel

First Grade
Who do you think will be gone for this week atleast.

* Hayne - gone most likely. i know he didn't hear the whistle but ye.
* Oake - Prolly gone. Might have been accidental but hard to prove.
* Fui - did he get put on report? i remember there was a high shot.

Any i've missed?

Bazal

Post Whore
Hayne will be missing anyway, either through suspension or Origin. I think he'll get a week. Oake will get 2. I don't recall any other incidents....

strider

Post Whore
yeah hayne should cop a week - if not for the dangerous throw, then for being a dumb arse and doing it in the first place - cost himself a SOO jersey

oake - yeah a week or 2 - I haven't really watched it again properly - but looked pretty silly - lucky it didn't cost us a great try

Nikki

Coach
As I mentioned in the Canberra thread, in light of O'Donnells incident tonight all accidental forearms will be made an example of this week.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Poor Oake ... more than anything else, I think his height compared to Kemp is what got him in trouble. Probably deserving of a "reckless" suspension, but it was obviously accidental.

Hayne is in trouble, though, and rightly so. I don't think he did it on purpose either, but it was boneheaded all round.

Hodges is clearly in strife as well.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Could the old "TBA" be used when naming the state of origin teams this week, allowing Hodges and Hayne to serve their suspensions for the club sides next weekend and be free for origin, or did they outlaw that?

strider

Post Whore
Could the old "TBA" be used when naming the state of origin teams this week, allowing Hodges and Hayne to serve their suspensions for the club sides next weekend and be free for origin, or did they outlaw that?
they outlawed it

Bazal

Post Whore
So hypothetically if Hayne was to get a week he would have to miss Parra's game against the raiders and State of Origin 2?

Yes. Although theoretically I think NSW could name someone they know won't be fit, have Hayne serve his time for Parra and then have that player pull out and replace him with Hayne...but that's dirty and underhanded and only QLD does things like that. And besides, he's not important enough to the side

nöyd

Staff member
ericgrothe_narrowweb__300x416,0.jpg

bartman

Immortal
:lol: - very quick Noyd!

As per Nikki's comment, FuiFui was leading with his elbow on hit ups quite often during the game. None of them got called by commentators or by the ref, but if there is to be examples made of elbows in coming weeks, he'd better watch his style.

stuke

Bench
how about another QLD conspiracy theory where Hayne gets let off and Hodges ousted for 6 months!

seriously though, the fact that Hayne has a perfect record may play in his favour with an early plea. Hodges has nothing to stand on, as those carry over points are for a similiar tackle early this year.

what about Thaiday's effort....anyone think he might get some time too?

AlexTheEel

Juniors
how about another QLD conspiracy theory where Hayne gets let off and Hodges ousted for 6 months!

seriously though, the fact that Hayne has a perfect record may play in his favour with an early plea. Hodges has nothing to stand on, as those carry over points are for a similiar tackle early this year.

what about Thaiday's effort....anyone think he might get some time too?

I think Thaiday and Hayne will get a grade 1 lifting charge.

Hodges has carry over points from a prior incident where he was very very lucky to escape suspension.