What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SWans

CyberKev

Staff member
Grothe said:
how many people here go for the the swans jw?

After the GF win the place was alive with fresh faces who, not surprisingly, followed the Swans. In general terms, however, there's not a lot.

Among the regulars...

Me (Hawthorn)
Meltiger (Richmond)
Camsmith (Richmond)
Smartman (Hawthorn)
Chileman (Swans)
Cupid Stunt (Western Bulldogs)
Rustay (West Coast)
Marduk (Kangaroos)
JTR (Melbourne)
LockyNo1 (Essendon)
Up the Mighty Phins (Brisbane)
Go the Bears (Essendon)
Sullyfan (Swans)
Tye (Essendon)
Choppies (Hawthorn)
AuckMel (Collingwood)
Undertaker Mike (St Kilda)
Stormin Norman (Carlton)
S2H (Swans)

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Cupid's hatred of my mob knows no bounds :) :) lol

I don't know, your hatred of my mob would have to be at least on a par. :p

Still, should be an interesting year for Cupid.

It looms as the first in recent memory in which he won't have to fall back on his "second team" (Port) or maybe even his "third team" (Sydney) in order to get some jollies! :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:

Still, should be an interesting year for Cupid.

It looms as the first in recent memory in which he won't have to fall back on his "second team" (Port) or maybe even his "third team" (Sydney) in order to get some jollies! :lol:

Should be a good year! I am not expecting too much from Essendon, we are rebuilding for a crack at the title in possibly 2008/9. A bit of improvement accross the board will be nice. Should shape up for a great year. The Bulldogs is my tip for the big mover up the ladder and I think the Roos will go back outside the 8. They had a very lucky year this year and got smashed in the finals!

My ladder

WC
St Kilda
Swans
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
Geelong
Melbourne
Fremantle
Richmond
Kangaroos
Essendon (I'm realistic, anywhere form 9-13 will do me)
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Carlton

That is my ladder for 06.

CyberKev

Staff member
Have you got inside info on Carlton, Locky, or did you merely forget to put them in?

You'll have them @16, presumably?

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
Have you got inside info on Carlton, Locky, or did you merely forget to put them in?

You'll have them @16, presumably?

Yeah put them last, they could win the pre season cup but that is about it for the blues!

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:

The fans yes...

Cupid however, still loathes Richmond, even though all the relevant participants in the incident that caused the loathing have now moved on! Even the president of Richmond who was bagging the Dogs at the time has now (Thank god!) gone.

Of course, the man who gave the order for Libba to try and kill Knighta now coaches us but that's irrelevant ;-)

It's all in good fun :) :)

meltiger

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
My ladder

WC
St Kilda
Swans
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
Geelong
Melbourne
Fremantle
Richmond = 9th! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I would rather 16th than 9th AGAIN for the 4th time in ten years!
Kangaroos
Essendon (I'm realistic, anywhere form 9-13 will do me)
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Carlton

That is my ladder for 06.

I'm more of a soft c**k when doing ladder predictors, I'd prefer to break it down into 3 sections - Top 4, middle 8, bottom 4. Usually, all the teams that fall into these groups at the end of the season are relatively even.

My groupings would be:

Top 4

St Kilda, West Coast, Sydney, Geelong

Bottom 4

Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon

Obviously the rest of the teams will fall into the "middle" grouping. I am confident this will be an accurate picture of where teams finish next year. West Coast however will be the interesting one, should win all their games @ Subiaco and have the class in the mid field to get them over the line in the extra 4-5 games they need to finish top 4 away from Subi - However, given their inability to increase their big man stocks in the trade period - They could drop a bit next year. Will make the finals for sure unless Judd/Cousins/Kerr all go down with season ending injuries but their lack of big man stocks may be exposed next year.

Rustay

Juniors
Hate the Swans! Hate them! :|

Like your Ladder though Locky, however i feel the Eagles forward line could be a problem area....again. Seeya Phil. :( Lets hoping Brad Smith can show something, cos between Quentin Lynch and Andrew McDougall, they couldnt team up to kick the rear end of a donkey. Top 4 though, will be good.

Rustay

Juniors
meltiger said:
Will make the finals for sure unless Judd/Cousins/Kerr all go down with season ending injuries but their lack of big man stocks may be exposed next year.

Dont ever say that! (Billy Maddison) :)

We have good big men, just non are suited to playing forward. Cox is probably the most compitent up forward of the biggies. There has been talk over here that Gardiner will be moved back into the ruck this year on occasions, which will be interesting. Just feel that Cox, Gardner, Seaby all in the same team just doesnt work... but that may change.

On a side note, Tige's will make the finals next year i reckon. If they keep there main players on the field that is. Them and the Doggies should be the most likely to push into the 8 next season.

Knightmare

Coach
CyberKev said:
After the GF win the place was alive with fresh faces who, not surprisingly, followed the Swans. In general terms, however, there's not a lot.

Among the regulars...

Me (Hawthorn)
Meltiger (Richmond)
Camsmith (Richmond)
Smartman (Hawthorn)
Chileman (Swans)
Rustay (West Coast)
Marduk (Kangaroos)
JTR (Melbourne)
LockyNo1 (Essendon)
Go the Bears (Essendon)
Sullyfan (Swans)
Tye (Essendon)
Choppies (Hawthorn)
AuckMel (Collingwood)
Stormin Norman (Carlton)
S2H (Swans)

Hey you forgot Knightmare (St Kilda). I hate most Swans 'fans.' I hate most Lions 'fans' too, but Brisbane clinch my hatred because of that peroxide-headed showpony they've got playing for them.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
CyberKev said:

Among the regulars...

Me (Hawthorn)
Meltiger (Richmond)
Camsmith (Richmond)
Smartman (Hawthorn)
Chileman (Swans)
Rustay (West Coast)
Marduk (Kangaroos)
JTR (Melbourne)
LockyNo1 (Essendon)
Go the Bears (Essendon)
Sullyfan (Swans)
Tye (Essendon)
Choppies (Hawthorn)
AuckMel (Collingwood)
Stormin Norman (Carlton)
S2H (Swans)

how could you leave me out, the biggest Geelong supporter at LU

meltiger

First Grade
Knightmare said:
Hey you forgot Knightmare (St Kilda). I hate most Swans 'fans.' I hate most Lions 'fans' too, but Brisbane clinch my hatred because of that peroxide-headed showpony they've got playing for them.

lol

St Kilda would love someone of Ackers calibre ...

Knightmare

Coach
Nah, he's a personality too big for the club. I'd rather the saints band of perennial underachievers anyday!

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
lol

St Kilda would love someone of Ackers calibre ...

True.

But Hawthorn could certainly have used Wayne Carey when he was up and going, but I still loathed him.

I would have still been happily loathing him on the premiership dias clad in brown & gold...