What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swimming

saint.nick

Coach
Apparently pointing out that the swimmers choked is abusive and demeaning, because they sacrificed a lot and worked hard...what makes swimmers exempt from criticism but not footy players?

Shorty

Staff member
Lol who said that?
I just don't understand why you'd heap criticism on them when they are admitting it themselves.
They get criticized if they try and be upbeat and they get criticized if they are upfront that they didn't do their best.

Seriously hope some of you arent parents, I can imagine a 10 year old sleeping without dinner because they didnt win a medal lol.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol who said that?
I just don't understand why you'd heap criticism on them when they are admitting it themselves.
They get criticized if they try and be upbeat and they get criticized if they are upfront that they didn't do their best.

Seriously hope some of you arent parents, I can imagine a 10 year old sleeping without dinner because they didnt win a medal lol.
If they were my kids they wouldn't be able to sit down for weeks. f**king softcock chokers.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Katie Ledecky gets the female swimmer of the meet

Phelps probably got the make one didn't catch the news that one

OVP

Coach
Gee i thought the Italian, Paltraneiri, was going to break Hackett's WR there, he was a body-length in front most of the way. Just showed how incredible Hackett's swim was, he got stronger and faster the longer it went.

Well done to win the gold tho.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Gee i thought the Italian, Paltraneiri, was going to break Hackett's WR there, he was a body-length in front most of the way. Just showed how incredible Hackett's swim was, he got stronger and faster the longer it went.

Well done to win the gold tho.
Ahh it was Sun Yangs record

Rabbits20

Immortal
I wonder if they are getting enough sleep, eating right, staying off the booze, etc. They are not there to party.
We all know they didn't get enough sleep with them racing not far off midnight.

By the time they unwound it'd have been 3am.

Shorty

Staff member
So I did a bit of reading on the USA swimming trials.
They hold it in a 20k attendance basketball stadium, have fire on the side of the pool and the crowd sounds like f**king suncorp stadium.
Olympics would be a walk in the park compared!

Lol I'm definitely tuning into this event in 4 years time.

DiegoNT

First Grade
So I did a bit of reading on the USA swimming trials.
They hold it in a 20k attendance basketball stadium, have fire on the side of the pool and the crowd sounds like f**king suncorp stadium.
Olympics would be a walk in the park compared!

Lol I'm definitely tuning into this event in 4 years time.
I thought you were talking out of your a $$ until i looked it up.
Holy f@ck!

lockyno1

Post Whore
He was 10seconds off his personal best.

I think he was fatigued.

He shouldn't have been forced to swin the 4 x 200 freestyle relay.

Not saying McEvoy should have but Horton shouldn't have had to add another 200m on top of a heavy program. He already had 2 lots of the 400m and 2 lots of the 1500 to complete!

BuffaloRules

Coach
He shouldn't have been forced to swin the 4 x 200 freestyle relay.

Not saying McEvoy should have but Horton shouldn't have had to add another 200m on top of a heavy program. He already had 2 lots of the 400m and 2 lots of the 1500 to complete!

No excuse.

Horton swam the same program at the Trials - actually he swam 3 x 200 in the individual freestyle in addition to 400 and 1500 and his 1500 time was much quicker..

Hackett swam the same program as Horton did a couple of times as well..

Latest posts