What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney Morning Herald-bits on Jamie and Tonights Game

jayman

Juniors
jamie lyon news :)

Meanwhile, confirmation on Jamie Lyon's impending move back to Parramatta may only be days away. Lyon, who walked out on the club in 2004 and is now playing for St Helens, is expected to agree to terms to a three-year deal believed to be worth $900,000, possibly by Sunday.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/m...e-timing/2006/06/01/1148956483217.html?page=2

some dragons out for tonights game

ST GEORGE Illawarra suffered a double blow ahead of tonight's match against Parramatta, with veteran lock Shaun Timmins and interchange back-rower Matt Bickerstaff both expected to be ruled out.

Timmins is expected to miss the Jubilee Stadium encounter after suffering a severe cork at training yesterday, while Bickerstaff has sore ribs. Charlie Leano and Sam Isemonger are likely to come into the squad, while the Eels have no injury problems.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/m...is-time-injured/2006/06/01/1148956483220.html

:crazy:

James_Hardie

Juniors
Depends on your point of view.

Bickerstaff/Ismonger - not a whole lot of difference. I would rather Bickerstaff play at less than 100%.

Timmins/Leano - Shaun is a fantastic player but Charlie is another one of these dragons kids who looks like a superstar in the making.

And as for Lyon being good news... Well as i say, depends on your point of view.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Lyons been going to sign every week for the past month, not really breaking news

eloquentEEL

First Grade
He may have been waiting to see what happened with Gaz... ie. if St George were going to make him their #1 target

Stagger eel

Staff member
eloquentEEL said:
He may have been waiting to see what happened with Gaz... ie. if St George were going to make him their #1 target

or mybe he's manager has been busy looking after Gaz..

forward pass

Coach
..or maybe they are just going to wait until June 30 so they can see other offers (as if they haven't already)!;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
forward pass said:
..or maybe they are just going to wait until June 30 so they can see other offers (as if they haven't already)!;-)

if that's the case, maybe we should charge Mr Lyon and his management group 50K to cover the costs of Sollicitors and Administration fees in drawing up a contract. One which he requested himself ;-)

Avenger

Immortal
I actually think the announcement could be as soon as tonight.

Especially if we win.

Hellsy

Immortal
Meh.... they should just announce it or shutup!
No more of this 'could be' 'maybe' la la la :crazy: :crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Jamie Lyon is Parras favourite son!

The peoples player!

faaark off!!!!

he's not my favourite......the little sh*t has a alot work to do to win me over yet again.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
faaark off!!!!

he's not my favourite......the little sh*t has a alot work to do to win me over yet again.

:lol::lol:

What has Jamie ever done to you or Parra:lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
:lol::lol:

What has Jamie ever done to you or Parra:lol:

you've got to be geeing up..

The moment he signs is the moment I forgive him, until then...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well he's got you sucked in..;-)
LOL I'd have to be pretty stupid to think that

But i do hope Jamie signs tonight or the weekend....which im pretty sure he will and makes amends to all.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
LOL I'd have to be pretty stupid to think that

But i do hope Jamie signs tonight or the weekend....which im pretty sure he will and makes amends to all.

I wouldn't expect an official announcment either way before Monday. ;-)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
hey that would be nice us beating the dragons at oki doki stadium then hearing jamie had signed with us what a perfect way to start the weekend. not asking for to much am i.