What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Symptoms of a dysfunctional club.

spear tackle

Juniors
Rather than buy supporters gear a cheap option is just grab an old tablecloth out of the cupboard and wrap that around you. other teams eat us for breakfast anyway.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Jeez all the negativity around these jerseys is all a bit OTT for me. Even the news shows are getting in on it. Some people just like having a whinge.

We've had two primary colour schemes for the last 25 years - the blue/green/red (which is our home jersey for 2020) and the black/red (which is our away jersey for 2020). Those are our colour schemes.

All of the other jerseys above are one-off designs that will only be worn once or twice. It's no different to what any other club does.

Don't like the designs? Don't buy them - simple.

Think the jerseys embarrass the club? Nope, playing like a bunch of amateurs embarrasses the club - regardless of what they're wearing. If the performances improve then they can wear tutus for all I care.

Remember "any publicity is good publicity". When was the last time this many people were talking about the Warriors during the off-season??

Hope Santa brings me a bush shirt jersey for Christmas...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Jeez all the negativity around these jerseys is all a bit OTT for me. Even the news shows are getting in on it. Some people just like having a whinge.

We've had two primary colour schemes for the last 25 years - the blue/green/red (which is our home jersey for 2020) and the black/red (which is our away jersey for 2020). Those are our colour schemes.

All of the other jerseys above are one-off designs that will only be worn once or twice. It's no different to what any other club does.

Don't like the designs? Don't buy them - simple.

Think the jerseys embarrass the club? Nope, playing like a bunch of amateurs embarrasses the club - regardless of what they're wearing. If the performances improve then they can wear tutus for all I care.

Remember "any publicity is good publicity". When was the last time this many people were talking about the Warriors during the off-season??

Hope Santa brings me a bush shirt jersey for Christmas...

nah they’ve definitely chopped and changed colours a lot.
First couple of years: Blue/white/green
Then they shifted to white/blue/red with a red away strip (late 90s)
Then black with varying amounts of red and grey from 2001 on, except last year with the retro strip.
And of course in the Scurrah years there were the ridiculous number of “special” jerseys of dubious significance.
instead of being so all over the place with them the club should pick a primary colour, have an alternate strip that is pretty much just a reversed version, and keep the special jerseys within the club’s normal overall colour scheme, except for when there’s a specific reason to change the colour up (like for Wellington jerseys)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hey only 6 Jersey's this year.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34295-2020-nrl-jerseys/

I do not know maybe you actually sell more due to the various choices.

Hey you can go for anyone!!!!

fEwwxST.png

2019_12_05_13_34_50_On_Field_Nines_Jersey_Mayhem_in_Assorted.png

flippikat

Bench
instead of being so all over the place with them the club should pick a primary colour, have an alternate strip that is pretty much just a reversed version, and keep the special jerseys within the club’s normal overall colour scheme, except for when there’s a specific reason to change the colour up (like for Wellington jerseys)

Exactly.

I can see what they're trying to do with the current colour schemes - the classic one for home, and a black/red/grey for away that is a spin on the previous colour scheme (black/red/white).. but the problemis that both jerseys are dark hues.. and for an away game against another dark-hue team (eg Roosters in navy blue), it needs a 3rd jersey that's mostly white or grey.

Better to cut out the black jersey, and just have 1995's home and away - one is mostly blue, the other mostly white. Simple.

Aside from minor tweaks (collar, trim, sponsors), DON'T change the home/primary jersey. Thats the main part of your brand.

But as for the alternate/away - vary the mostly-white one every couple of years - change the V a little, maybe do stripes one year, maybe a striped saddle like the old Gold Coast Chargers jersey... stuff like that. But keep most of the jersey white for contrast.

It also means that we don't get "special" jerseys used as virtual away/alternate jerseys because we don't have a contrast between our primary & alternate designs.