What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tagatese

Weaponhead

Coach
If D.Fifita's papers are marked than in my view we need to buy another prop ASAP. How f**ked will we be if we suffer an injury or two? As it is the backrow stocks are already stretched covering the props.

Agree. JSL also seems to have cards marked. Definitely need another big body to take pressure off AFifita. If he goes down, we are stuffed.

southland

Juniors
Taga was doing my head in on Monday night. Infuriating. He seems to go soft at some point every season and then he switches on briefly pre and early the next season.

From Fox: TAGA’S TWO-YEAR DEAL

Cronulla have offered forward Sam Tagataese a new two-year-deal.

Turning 30 in December, the Samoan international has spent the last six seasons in The Shire after stints with Melbourne and the Gold Coast.

A veteran of 10 years in first grade, the 109 kilo prop is yet to officially accept the offer but should he agree, it will keep him at the Sharks until at least the end of 2018.

millersnose

Post Whore
His heart isn't in it, for whatever reason.

Wtf???
handling errors are an issue that should be addressed but to suggest that the guys " heart isn't in it" is way over the top

It's like you have no idea how much training and effort is required to hold a full time position as a front rower in the nrl - perhaps the most physically demanding sport played on a weekly basis anywhere

Criticism of form technique and execution is always warranted but to suggest someone at that level is disinterested or apathetic is quite ridiculous

Card Shark

Immortal
Either his heart or his head isn't in it. Probably both.

His heart because I don't think he's playing anywhere near what he can. I understand what you are saying (& I do have little idea but I don't get paid to) but I have seen him do much more in attack & defence.

His head because he keeps dropping the pill - lack of concentration.

Perhaps he's injured - either way, he's letting the team down. If we wanna win this comp, we need everyone at their best, which we are atm, except him.

dreary

Juniors
I cant remember where I saw it but I remember reading or hearing an interview with him talking about wanting to become a minister when he finishes playing football. There was also talk that he was torn inside about they way he played the game. The fact that he is required to go onto the football field and try an hit and run as hard as possible and it can result in hurting another player. He said he justified it to himself that he was working for his team mates or something but it was something that concerns him.

This absolutely ties in to the fact that he doesn't seem to hit nearly as hard as he did when he was younger and known as one of the hardest tacklers in the game. It also go to the observation from Cardy that his heart doesn't seem to be fully in it.

MilkShark

First Grade
Like I said earlier, when his contract is up he plays well. The rest of the time he just plods along.

I cant remember where I saw it but I remember reading or hearing an interview with him talking about wanting to become a minister when he finishes playing football. There was also talk that he was torn inside about they way he played the game. The fact that he is required to go onto the football field and try an hit and run as hard as possible and it can result in hurting another player. He said he justified it to himself that he was working for his team mates or something but it was something that concerns him.

This absolutely ties in to the fact that he doesn't seem to hit nearly as hard as he did when he was younger and known as one of the hardest tacklers in the game. It also go to the observation from Cardy that his heart doesn't seem to be fully in it.

It was in last weeks paper.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...rney-from-prop-to-pastor-20160528-gp66tm.html

Like I said earlier, when his contract is up he plays well. The rest of the time he just plods along.

They've had him on one year contracts for a few years now, so he has been playing well all season?

Wtf???
handling errors are an issue that should be addressed but to suggest that the guys " heart isn't in it" is way over the top

It's like you have no idea how much training and effort is required to hold a full time position as a front rower in the nrl - perhaps the most physically demanding sport played on a weekly basis anywhere

Criticism of form technique and execution is always warranted but to suggest someone at that level is disinterested or apathetic is quite ridiculous

if he's "disinterested "he would make a good referee ...It means impartial or unbiased. I think maybe "uninterested" was the word you were after? "disinterested" is a useless word that only confuses .Impartial says same thing with no confusion. I suspect everyone is completely Uninterested in this post ...haha!

sharktastic

Juniors
Agree. JSL also seems to have cards marked. Definitely need another big body to take pressure off AFifita. If he goes down, we are stuffed.

I had high hopes for JSL , When he was at Manly he seemed to have plenty of aggression might be taking some time to get used to playing as a Prop.

We really do need another Big guy who can do the business. The dirty Dogs pack bashed us up a lot of the time. We often struggled to get out of our half on a lot of sets of 6.

Thank God Fafita is hitting form again:crazy:

Inferno

Coach

He's off contract now and his mediocre form is being rewarded with a 2 year deal.:roll:

He's probably not on huge dollars, but it still only makes sense if we're appropriately stocked in the prop department so he can go back to being a damaging edge player.

Looking at 2016 and assuming we lose Lewis I'd be happy with a pack consisting off

8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Insert prop here
11. Bukuya
12. Graham
13. Gallen

14. Prior
15. Taga
16. insert prop here
17. Utility

Good performance from taga tonight

this guy is a big part of our chances this year

play him right and he is very dangerous

watched his grip on the ball, he tends to hug the mid section of the ball leaving both ends exposed

get that ball along your forearm, cup the top of the ball in your hand and have the bottom of the ball tuck into the crease of your inner forearm / elbow

drop that shoulder in and youll run through walls :)

Card Shark

Immortal
Did we drop the ball at all in the 2nd half...maybe once, late.

That's why dominated field position so well.