What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu comes home

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'm over the moon about this, abit sh*tty he left us in the first place, but with Hayne, Mateo etc hopefully he plays great for us.

Perth Tiger

Bench
That is a bit of a shock.

He must be the only player ever that is able to keep his negotiations secret

Thomas

First Grade
Good luck to the bloke. He was always injured and just never seemed to string two games in a row together playing RU. The last season sitting on the bench must have been humbling.

Eels fans would be happy, right?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Should have left the misrable merkin to rot away into oblivion in union.
I've been saying it for years, you cut and run on this code, it should be a one way street.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tahu re-signs with Eels
Rugby Union convert Timana Tahu will return to the NRL next season after agreeing to a three-year deal with his old club Parramatta this week.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Tahu and the Eels finalised negotiations on Monday, with the shock switch to be formally announced later this week.

The 29-year-old finished his rugby league career at Parramatta in 2007 after signing a four-year deal with the ARU worth nearly $2 million.

But the switch has not been an enjoyable one for the Newcastle junior, who has spent much of this year’s Super 14 competition on the bench for the Waratahs and failed to claim a start with the Wallabies.

Speculation arose earlier this season that Tahu was poised to join the Roosters, but he denied a return to league was on the cards. Unbeknown to most, however, was a get-out clause in his ARU contract that enabled Tahu to leave at the end of this season.

He has decided to exploit that clause with Parramatta. His signing is a further coup for the club, which recently snared representative props Justin Poore and Shane Shackleton and has began negotiations to wrap up in-form superstar Jarryd Hayne for another three years.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-parramatta-eels/story-e6frexni-1225753075953

Sleep

Juniors
Tahu was awesome before he left. Glad to see these guys are learning their lesson. Hopefully this will deter more from going.

Eels could be pretty good next year.

bulldog

Bench
i-hate-being-called-a-league-man said:
WARATAHS centre Timana Tahu admits he is fed up with constantly being referred to as a former NRL player.

"It is irritating. I came over here to play rugby and I consider myself a rugby player, not a league player," he said as he prepared for his recall to the starting side in Saturday's crunch game against the Force.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/i-hate-being-called-a-league-man/story-e6freyi0-1225697152591

Should have stayed where he was, can anyone remember his comments when he left? I though he had a few parting shots for the game that made him when he left, but it could have been any one of the muppets I guess.

Eels Dude

Coach
Wow that's a huge surprise if it turns out to be true. Wouldn't have expected that at all, even though Tahu is good at keep secrets about his future as he did when the move to union was on the cards. It's not just great he'll be back at Parra, it'll be great that such a talented player will be returning to rugby league and the NRL in general.

Latest posts