What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu comes home

Dave The Maori

Juniors
Has any of the rugby League converts missed out on a Wallaby jumper?
sailor, tuqiri, rogers and tahu only got there because of the amount of money they were on .
if anybody has been successful it would have been cross and barnes who get there on their own merit .
schifcofske and mclinden were better than tahu at s 14 level . i think tahu will come back to the eels a better player if he's doesn't get injured .
sailor and rogers has shown that even when we were told they will never make it back to the nrl .

Eels Dude

Coach
Everyone makes mistakes in their respective careers. Everyone has fallen back in love with Rogers and Sailor since they've returned to the NRL and unlike them Tahu was very discreet in his negotiations and didn't use the media as a bargaining tool for his rugby contract like Lote did. If he wants to come back to league good on him, the fact he is returning should be celebrated especially given it was only yesterday we lost another great player not only to Union, but Australian sport in general.

Green Machine

First Grade
sailor, tuqiri, rogers and tahu only got there because of the amount of money they were on .
bullsh*t Turdy. Its hurts you that they walking into the Wallaby line up
if anybody has been successful it would have been cross and barnes who get there on their own merit .
:lol:
schifcofske and mclinden were better than tahu at s 14 level .
:lol:
i think tahu will come back to the eels a better player if he's doesn't get injured .
Tahu was injured most of the time in his season with Eels you goose. I hope he doesn't return with too many Union bad habbits
sailor and rogers has shown that even when we were told they will never make it back to the nrl .
Who said they wouldn’t make it back Turdy? They both made it the top of Australian Union. A couple soft years in Union freshened them up to return to the NRL

Mr Saab

Referee
Everyone makes mistakes in their respective careers. Everyone has fallen back in love with Rogers and Sailor since they've returned to the NRL and unlike them Tahu was very discreet in his negotiations and didn't use the media as a bargaining tool for his rugby contract like Lote did. If he wants to come back to league good on him, the fact he is returning should be celebrated especially given it was only yesterday we lost another great player not only to Union, but Australian sport in general.

They are alllllll replacable. Gasnier and SBW ar both afterthoughts.
Tahu might not have used the code as a bargaining tool, but he did lie and say he was not interested in union and that it was basically a boring sport....a few days later he signs with that useless code. Sure he has come back, but lets not rejoice and praise the lord.

Great player , but if I were parra I'd want him on an incentive based contract.

You could almost guarantee right now he'll miss a lot of games over the next 3 years. Considering he has spent most of his mid 20's injured you can only imagine his early 30's are going to be worse

Chook Norris

First Grade
how do we actually know if he's been signed by parra?

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Tahu and the Eels finalised negotiations on Monday, with the shock switch to be formally announced later this week.

Eels Dude

Coach
Tahu might not have used the code as a bargaining tool, but he did lie and say he was not interested in union and that it was basically a boring sport....a few days later he signs with that useless code. Sure he has come back, but lets not rejoice and praise the lord.

He lied to the media at the time because he didn't want to be the subject of endless newspaper articles and media attention at a possible move to rugby. You cannot have it both ways and there's no middle ground.

You can criticize him for lying, but if he did the opposite and made it public that he was interested in playing union you would be criticizing him selling himself via the media as a bargaining tool. So he cannot win either way.

I think it's a blessing that former league players are returning to our game as it will be a deterrent to other players who may consider leaving in the future, especially first hand. Mat Rogers has publicly spoken about how he felt he was illtreated in union and i'm sure privately he'll convince current team-mates who are thinking about making the switich that it's not worthwhile. If Tahu returns, he'll probably do the same.

Interestingly I think there is a lot to be learned from the dragons and bulldogs losing both gasnier and sbw this year. Obviously there are other factors involved , especially at the dragons but losing both those players has allowed a lot flexability for those teams.

forward pass

Coach
lol at Rugby Yawnion !!!

All the ARU marquee signings have returned to league except Lote and he may well do - Sailor, Rogers, Tahu and Lote !!!

Maybe now they will realise it is a pointless exercise.

Latest posts