What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu to Union

Matt23

Staff member
I thought Gerrard might have been a league junior, possibly a Manly junior?

Disco

Bench
Yeah Gerrard was a Manly Junior

But the club shafted him in favour of Sam Murphy (it still hurts)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Think the inclusion of the Force was always going to mean more RL players being signed up as RU just doesn't have the production line or junior programes to sustain 4 top teams. Expect it will only get worse if SA do pull out of Super 14 and NZ and Australia go it alone with the inclusion of a Melbourne side.

How long has Gerrard been playing Union?

If it's more than a year or two, he'd need about two seasons to adjust.

Like I said...

We don't need another Sam Harris...

LordLeague

Juniors
I liken RL players that switch to RU to caged animals. Instead of now watching them roaming free in RL, wild, thrilling creatures...we now get the chance to watch another convert stuck out on the wing dreaming of the freedom of RL. RU is truly a circus full of caged ex RL players, and is marketed as such (roll up, roll up, come and see Loti the great... wow look at him out there isn't he awsome doing F#ck-all).

The NRL should be working overtime to penetrate the GPS fortress to establish RL in these schools. With RU's nursery destroyed, the NRL should then buy 3 or 4 RU high profile players, and then sign the rest of the team for peanuts as they fall over themselves trying to get a start in RL. This could happen within 5 years if the NRL wanted it to. Would NEWS be happy with this ?? I don't know why they care. As a previous poster said, why do NEWS/FOX persist with RU? I can't comprehend how the accountants at FOX (or any company involved in RU) can justify the money they are throwing at RU when tthe game resembles nothing more than a Laurel and Hardie audition!

RU will never improve no matter how many RL players they buy, it is what it is, it is RU, trapped within itself, unable to evolve and nowhere to go.

LordLeague

shiznit

Coach
interesting theory LordLeague.... i doubt the IRB would let that happen and if it came down to financial muscle the IRB would certainly win. the reason why NEWS care about RU is because of the international game. its getting stronger and stronger. there ahead of league in that regard. but gee wizz... the last 2 league tri-nations have been alot better then the RU ones...

Latest posts