What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tahu

caylo

Bench
fast and strong but too young, not ready yet based on last years form

Hayne was "not ready" aswell, young players with good athletic ability will always add a spark its more about how they develop and learn the game. If you are going to blood a youngster it is on the wing or in the centres that is probably the easiest place to adjust to because you don't have a massive work load and are running at halves not big boppers.

Filiga or Loko should be good enough to fill one centre spot, i cant see anything that Jono did that they cant.

At this point of time I expect Filiga and Reddy (if fit) to start in the centres with Burt on one wing and Atkines, Walkers and Grothe fighting it out for the other. It would be risky to play both Loko and Filiga in the centres if Reddy isnt fit but we may not have too many other options outside of of that.

Gronk

Staff member
And how do you know all the recent 'leaks' came from inside the club?

I don't know if they did, but Hindy and Jazz said that they were sick of the leaks from the club.

Also Sevens said here that they identified the problem and plugged the leak and that person was going to get his/her arse kicked.

Thoughts ?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Another vote for Jordan Atkins here.

I think he could be a great asset in the centres and look for Loko to come in with a little more Toyota Cup experience behind him.

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta Eels leave door open for Timana Tahu return

7 Dec 10 @ 01:29pm by Steven Deare

c3edc1ca9c5f6b41dfbd7abaa1f903c2_resized.jpg

PARRAMATTA chief executive Paul Osborne has left the door ajar for troubled Origin representative Timana Tahu to return to the team, albeit in a reduced role.
The Eels club was still to officially part ways with Tahu as the Advertiser went to press.
The star centre requested leave from training until February to deal with personal problems, which the club has been unwilling to grant.
Yet Osborne told the Advertiser he would still be willing to talk to Tahu next year.
``We have a new coach, new game plans, all the sorts of things that make training important.
``I’d happily talk to him in February, but it would be on a vastly different pay structure and contract.
``He would have missed four months’ training at that point.’‘
Osborne said Tahu’s management were yet to meet him to discuss the details.
The chief executive returned from a family holiday in Byron Bay this week and was waiting for Tahu’s team to contact him. ``I’m available,’’ he said.
Asked what his advice to the indigenous star would be, Osborne agreed Tahu needed an extended break.
``Spend time with your family,’’ he said.
``Your family is first, and football is second.’‘
Tahu was the subject of plenty of media attention this year for two racial controversies.
The biggest was his decision to walk out on the NSW team after he accused assistant coach Andrew Johns of racist remarks.
-------8<------
http://parramatta-advertiser.wherei...-eels-leave-door-open-for-timana-tahu-return/

Parra Pride

Referee
What about Lasalo as a possible temporary centre until we find someone more qualified or Loko is ready, would help give Lasalo more experience in first grade and give the club time to find a permanent first grade quality centre.

Outside of that, I'd give Walker or Atkins first crack, maybe even Euaisele.

fish eel

Immortal
so did that mean that this supposed meeting today didn't actually happen?

I would imagine that article in the parramatta advertiser would have been written before today. The paper comes out Wednesdays.

Also, on the leaks, why does everything have to be a leak?

A leak is a board member telling a journalist confidential information.

It's not giving a journo background info to shape their story without going on the record.

We can all see what direction the Tahu thing is heading - and clearly, the telegraph will be writing stories with or without the clubs input based on how they have hammered Tahu since S.O.O

What's wrong with giving some quotes, and then also giving other information?

ie - you can confirm meetings are whatever, and then also say 'I cant go on the record, but the direction we're heading is....' Thats not a leak FFS.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I would imagine that article in the parramatta advertiser would have been written before today. The paper comes out Wednesdays.

Also, on the leaks, why does everything have to be a leak?

A leak is a board member telling a journalist confidential information.

It's not giving a journo background info to shape their story without going on the record.

We can all see what direction the Tahu thing is heading - and clearly, the telegraph will be writing stories with or without the clubs input based on how they have hammered Tahu since S.O.O

What's wrong with giving some quotes, and then also giving other information?

ie - you can confirm meetings are whatever, and then also say 'I cant go on the record, but the direction we're heading is....' Thats not a leak FFS.

If it was me, I would meet with Tahu before discussing anything with jounalists. But hey that's just me.

fish eel

Immortal
If it was me, I would meet with Tahu before discussing anything with jounalists. But hey that's just me.

Mate, the Telegraph are going to write the story anyway.

You can either try and shape it to suite you, or you don't.

Personally, I'd try and shape it.

I'd also be surprised if there has been no communication between the club and Tahu and or his manager anyway.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

I'd also be surprised if there has been no communication between the club and Tahu and or his manager anyway.

Yes that's true.

born an eel

Bench

ahem "board report" ahem :lol:

there's really no need to shape it, tell them we are having a meeting to discuss the options for next year, if we can not agree to terms we will be happy to give T a release to sort himself out.

fish eel

Immortal
ahem "board report" ahem :lol:

Whats that got to do with managing the telegraph in the campaign against Tahu?

there's really no need to shape it, tell them we are having a meeting to discuss the options for next year, if we can not agree to terms we will be happy to give T a release to sort himself out.

I reckon that'd still deliver the same story - 'eels set to part way with tahu'

Unfortunately, I think Tahu's position has become untenable. I think we know it, and I think he probably knows it as well.

andrew057

First Grade
Thank the lord Parra dont have him on the ridiculous contract it was quoted when he signed. Parra have won the equivalent of the lotto.

born an eel

Bench
Whats that got to do with managing the telegraph in the campaign against Tahu?
I was just having a joke about shaping things to suit yourself

I reckon that'd still deliver the same story - 'eels set to part way with tahu'

Unfortunately, I think Tahu's position has become untenable. I think we know it, and I think he probably knows it as well.
that's why it should be simple, give him the choice to train or take a release.