What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take a Bow Eric, Nathan and Timana!!!!!

nöyd

Staff member
strider said:
btw - i believe you forgot to mention that Finch had a rather good game despite the bagging you gave him last night :lol:

lol Who didn't bag Finch last night?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

jayman

Juniors
just on tahu...

Qld ran at gaz and kings side all day.. except for that one try.. they hardly ran at them and when they did.. tahu put on some big hits...

big heart to come and play with a dislocated finger....

in attack.. i dont think they go that much opportunity .. NSW ran most plays down that right side..inglis and co...

Going on the fact anasta kept his spot because hes the incumbent in a winning team.. ud think tahu and grothe should be allowed to retain there spots for SOO 2...same with hodgson

hineyrulz

Post Whore
if the refs make to many mistakes there back to premmies well clark should be there for ten yrs after friday nite.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
On our players...

* Hayne played fullback in the U/19s and although most of his kick returns weren't magical, I was very impressed with him in both attack and defence. In defence, he rushed in shut down a 3 man overlap. Missed his try in the 1st half, but saw his 2nd try. NSW had the ball about a metre out. Hayne was off to the side, but ran in to pick up the ball in front of the dummy half and barge over.

* Hindy was very impressive, even going by the high standards we expect of him

* Guru was also impressive. Possibly his best game of the year.

* Tahu was a bit disappointing. Hodges terrorised him all night and I'd hate to see Tahu's missed tackle count. He didn't get much room in attack, and unfortunately got taken over the sideline when he was given the chance.

* I believe that part of the reason that Tahu and Grothe didn't get much room was that their inside men ended up too wide, but another reason was that they were so flat in attack. Tahu was staying directly in line with the man inside him, while Grothe was actually in front of Tahu and generally in line with the play the ball. I'm not sure if they always do this or if it is just something Murray has coached them to do.

On the ref...

Perhaps a better standard than what we see week in and week out, but that's not saying much. If you think Hampstead had a good game, then I think your expectations have been beaten down to a pulp. It's pretty sad if that's the best we can get these days. Just a small sample of examples include: penalising Mason for opening his big mouth during the week about not expecting too many penalties for borderline high shots; allowing plenty of holding down; Thurston running back through the ruck and literally pushing Hodgson (waiting at dummy half) out of the way.

yy_cheng

Coach
eloquentEEL said:
On our players...

* Tahu was a bit disappointing. Hodges terrorised him all night and I'd hate to see Tahu's missed tackle count. He didn't get much room in attack, and unfortunately got taken over the sideline when he was given the chance.

Totally Agree. I think Tahu was shown up in the centres today. I still think he is a winger playing closer in so has a bit more space to do his stuff rather than a complete centre. He trail Gaz in the centre stakes in that he doesn't know how to use his winger. I don't even recall a pass from Tahu to Grothe.

Gaz chooses when to run and when to use his winger.

Tahu ususally goes himself and he either scores or gets tackled.

If cooper was to come back, I would choose Grothe over Tahu for the wing spot.

* I believe that part of the reason that Tahu and Grothe didn't get much room was that their inside men ended up too wide, but another reason was that they were so flat in attack. Tahu was staying directly in line with the man inside him, while Grothe was actually in front of Tahu and generally in line with the play the ball. I'm not sure if they always do this or if it is just something Murray has coached them to do.

That's probably a smithy thing. I think they are both too flat for Parra. They rely on their footwork to do something, rather than run onto the ball.

Hindy was great. Not as much tackling. A particularly liked the Grothe offload to Hindy.

Only blemish was that he didn't realize it was the 4th tackle when he kicked for touch.

aqua_duck

Coach
Timana was poor IMO and I'm one of his biggest fans, his defence was not good at all, Grothe I thought was good except for a few handling errors but made up for it with the try saver on bell, and punching Hodges, i don't think he had much choice though as Hodges had hold of his jumper and had cocked his fist, is Eric suppose to stand there and wait to get hit? If you point a gun at a cop he's not going to wait for you to shoot him.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Tahu: 10 runs for 90 metres. 18 tackles, 5 misses, 1 offload 2 errors.

Grothe: 16 runs 124 metres. 6 tackles, 2 misses, 2 offloads & a line break. 2 errors (conceeding the penalty counts as an error)

Hindmarsh: 12 runs for 80 metres. 37 tackles (equal top with Ryan), no misses. 1 error, 1 offload. Played 63 minutes.

Utey

Coach
Not sure they will keep their spots but heres hoping they do.

I thought Hampstead was brilliant.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
our boys did us proud, although Guru nearly cost us the game with his brain explosion in snotting Hodges

worst game I've ever seen Locky play

The Colonel

Immortal
The touchie - I'm assuming Ceccin - penalised Buderus for the punch he threw at Johnson for what was a well disguised little kick yet when a similar infringement occured at the other end where Thaiday took out the marker and then threw him on the ground, it wasn't picked up and was more obvious. Both deserved a penalty yet only one was given. The resulting play had Qld up field and in position to score.

Ecca played well. Tahu had some big hits in defense as did Hindy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Colonel said:
The touchie - I'm assuming Ceccin - penalised Buderus for the punch he threw at Johnson for what was a well disguised little kick yet when a similar infringement occured at the other end where Thaiday took out the marker and then threw him on the ground, it wasn't picked up and was more obvious. Both deserved a penalty yet only one was given. The resulting play had Qld up field and in position to score.

Ecca played well. Tahu had some big hits in defense as did Hindy.

that was Bowen wasn't it ?

Bigfella

Coach
Eric save a try on Steve BEll before half time; his runs from dummy half and first receiver coming off our line were awesome - I think the two centres and wingers won us the game. Every time they got good field position in defence we trucked it out absolutely brilliantly. Gasnier and Tahu used brilliant footwork and made big metres; Grothe and King used size and speed.

I thought Timana was good - not as brilliant as his Test performance but very very good. GAsnier and Hodges were outstanding but Timana not too far behind.

Certainly well ahead of Tate - and how Bell wasn't in the centres I don't know. They could have had Lockyer at fullback or Clinton, or Wesser on the wings ... any number of more match hardened brilliant players. I think that backfired on them last night

James_Hardie

Juniors
I don't know how people can call what Dallas did to Danny Buderus a "kick". He leaned on him with his shin. The Granville Under 6 soccer team kick better than that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
I don't know how people can call what Dallas did to Danny Buderus a "kick". He leaned on him with his shin. The Granville Under 6 soccer team kick better than that.

well, I actually saw him lash out...I dare say i wasn't the only one either..but Danny should not of reacted the way he did.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
James_Hardie said:

I'd say more of a knee, pretty cowardly effort to a guy laying on the ground

The Colonel

Immortal
The selection of Brent Tate was a masterstroke by the Qld selectors - Bennett was right he wasn't ready.