What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take this, Storm thieves

ianlovesparra

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/take-this-storm-thieves/story-e6frexnr-1225874737316

PERHAPS the only thing that infuriates Neville Maroon more than the Melbourne Storm is Eels boss Paul Osborne ordering Parramatta fans to temper their emotions ahead of tomorrow night's grand final rematch.
"I don't give a damn what Paul Osborne says," Maroon, 35, fumed.
"It's OK for him to tell us to be nice and calm, but we've been waiting for a premiership since 1986 and it was taken from us last year by a team that cheated. They stole our premiership and I won't be silenced.
"Every passionate Eels fan has been waiting for this moment for a long time, and no matter what Paul Osborne says, it's not going to stop us from venting our feelings."
And so Maroon - an otherwise mild-mannered office worker from Leichhardt - began to vent yesterday by torching a poster of the 2009 Melbourne team and ripping apart a commemorative Storm football.
"I know lots of Parra fans feel this way," said Maroon. "I reckon I can safely speak for 200 fans who'll be there [tomorrow] that I've met over the years.

"To us, the Parramatta Eels are like family. So hurting the club, is like hurting family. We've been talking about a few ideas, but I don't want to give too much away."
Osborne sent an email to the club's entire membership on Monday pleading for fans to give the Storm "nothing more" than a typical reception for visiting teams.
But judging by Maroon's rage and special chants already devised by the blue and gold army, his entreaty appears to have fallen upon deaf ears.
The Daily Telegraph was yesterday emailed a chant sheet with ditties about the Storm's rorts, with one aimed at former Eels pivot Brett Finch. It's understood the sheet will be distributed to fans before kick-off.
Also wary of the tinderbox that awaits, the Parramatta Stadium Trust has held special meetings about the game, hired additional security and imposed a "no-tolerance" policy on bad behaviour.
A Storm spokesman last night said the players were expecting a "cauldron-like atmosphere" for their first match in Sydney since the salary cap scandal erupted.
Melbourne players were heavily abused three weeks ago at Canberra Stadium and are braced for another hostile reception tomorrow.
But the club won't stand for anything that crosses the line or imperils the safety of its fans.
"We'd like to think that our fans should be able to go along to this game and watch in safety," the Melbourne spokesman said.

strider

Post Whore
"We'd like to think that our fans should be able to go along to this game and watch in safety," the Melbourne spokesman said.

oh damn! - we won't be able to do that ritualistic burning at the stake after all

:roll:

Springs

First Grade
Yay, let's not listen to the club we supposedly follow or the players we are supposedly fans of and act like complete f**kheads...

The Colonel

Immortal
Given all the abuse, brown paper bags, $100 notes and DT signs that will be apparently at the game I do hope we win and its all worth it...... there will be quite a few tools around if we don't.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Hopefully the crowd is buzzing and loud all night. I hate when the team runs out its going crazy fans cheering and then as soon as they kick off its dead silence and you can hear a pin drop.

fish eel

Immortal
Given all the abuse, brown paper bags, $100 notes and DT signs that will be apparently at the game I do hope we win and its all worth it...... there will be quite a few tools around if we don't.

if we get beat, it is by a team well over the cap who we arent on an even playing field with, so I know who the tools will be.

The Colonel

Immortal
if we get beat, it is by a team well over the cap who we arent on an even playing field with, so I know who the tools will be.

It didn't seem to effect them at all in Canberra nor when they played the Bulldogs..... in fact they just laughed. The fans came out looking more like tools IMO.

If we are serious about winning anything this year we still have to beat them.... over the cap or not. The scoreboard is where their pride will be dinted not by waving $100 notes or singing songs....

fish eel

Immortal
It didn't seem to effect them at all in Canberra nor when they played the Bulldogs..... in fact they just laughed. The fans came out looking more like tools IMO.

Did they?

I thought the Canberra fans were pretty funny.

If we are serious about winning anything this year we still have to beat them.... over the cap or not.

well, no we don't have the beat them. If we make the finals, they wont be there. Winning or losing to the storm wont seal our finals fate.

The scoreboard is where their pride will be dinted not by waving $100 notes or singing songs....

roll out the red carpet.....

PJ Marshal

Coach
neville maroon is my hero

he doesnt give a damn what Paul Osbourne thinks , thats the kind of tough talk i dig. It's not often you get a mild mannerd office worker from Leichardt getting angry about something.

He is up there with super awesome fan rally in carpark guy

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
We supporters in the Cronin Stand distance ourselves from these shenanigans.

Nah bullsh!t, we'll give them heaps as well ! ;-D

Tony Bongo

Bench
I hope I didn't give any thing away:sarcasm: Thanks to the Telegraph for circulating 100000 copies of some of the Chants for tomorrow. Here are the chants they printed.

The Colonel

Immortal
Did they?

I thought the Canberra fans were pretty funny.

So we should follow them too? It must be your sense of humour then.... I mean you do find the Chaser funny. Seemed to upset them the Canberra fans though when they laughed..... I wonder how many Parra 'fans' might throw coins like they did with Lyon?

well, no we don't have the beat them. If we make the finals, they wont be there. Winning or losing to the storm wont seal our finals fate.

The way we are travelling at the moment three losses in a row might.

Kornstar

Coach
Hopefully the crowd is buzzing and loud all night. I hate when the team runs out its going crazy fans cheering and then as soon as they kick off its dead silence and you can hear a pin drop.

Generally the crowd goes silent because we are doing what we do best......getting humiliated in front of a home crowd and looking like we don't want to be there.

I have lost count of the amount of times we have looked disinterested in games where we:

• Have something to prove
• A player milestone
• Games we "should" win!!!!!

I am expecting to be atleast 20-0 down after 25-30 minutes and go on to lose........then we will put 50 on the Knights 2 weeks later up in Newcastle!

Latest posts