What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take this with a grain of salt but...

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
it seems that the dragons have signed Jaime Soward but this according to Phil Gould on the Sunday Roast so it may be bull so like the title says take with a grain of salt.

murraymob

Coach
Gould has close ties to the roosters.I doubt he would say anything unless there was truth to it

Drew-Sta

Staff member
It was also reported in the Telecrap this morning. Except they said Saints are after him; It wasn't a confirmed signing.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Anything is worth a try at this stage...

Geeze, the Chooks have killed almost as many halfback careers as Saints...

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Soward and Head both in the same side? F**K NO!!! It's hard enough hiding one player in defence let alone two!

Dave Q

Coach
My mail is that he's definately signed (Newtown links).

The question is now about his release date.

IMO good player Soward, key signing.

Wd Saints

DeeGan

Bench
The talent of Jamie Soward has never been questioned - I caught a replay of the Cronulla win where he played a huge role in getting the Roosters home. I think this will be a good pick up, just as Josh Lewis was for us.

Ben Hornby's best position is fullback, this signing allows him to wear the number one.

I would be surprised if this didn't ring true, as stated, Gould ain't going to spruke such a rumour without something concrete to support the claim. Remember, despite his rebuttle, he is still firmly entrenched at the Roosters behind the scenes.

Dave Q

Coach
DeeGan said:
The talent of Jamie Soward has never been questioned - I caught a replay of the Cronulla win where he played a huge role in getting the Roosters home. I think this will be a good pick up, just as Josh Lewis was for us.

Ben Hornby's best position is fullback, this signing allows him to wear the number one.

I would be surprised if this didn't ring true, as stated, Gould ain't going to spruke such a rumour without something concrete to support the claim. Remember, despite his rebuttle, he is still firmly entrenched at the Roosters behind the scenes.

I concurr entirely.

This Year?

Immortal
I read in the paper that Soward could be going to yawnion or another NRL club. The kid does have some raps on him so I guess he could go well in the Red V. I'm wondering what would happen when Gaz comes back at 5/8 and if Head is going well, where would they put him?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This Year? said:
I'm wondering what would happen when Gaz comes back at 5/8 and if Head is going well, where would they put him?
Gaz in the centres.

This Year?

Immortal
Totally agree. I wonder how the Dragons can afford Soward. I thought they already spent all their $$$

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'd say he'd be cheap enough.
Its also possible that his salary this year would be subsidised by Easts.

Dave Q

Coach
He's got that good old fashioned jink and dash.

According to my sources- who never miss a game at Henson Park-on a good day, he makes Prince look like a rejected drunk.

He's crafty too.

A born again gap-finder and thats just what you lads need to set alight that backline afterburner.

How good is that young punk nightingale going?

Where the fug did you find this future Kangaroo?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dave Q said:
How good is that young punk nightingale going?

Where the fug did you find this future Kangaroo?
He has come up through the system. Most supporters who get along to curtain raisers would have noticed his competitive passion well before he joined first grade. I was once worried about his temper but he seems to have honed that well.

Dave Q

Coach
This Year? said:
Dave....you're not his manager are you???

I'd love to be a player manager!

Penthouse suites, Lamborghini countach, 3 story motor yachts, imported beers, partys with club people all year (their shout).

I could have that whole lifestyle based on the single but highly sought after client account-that of the gnome.

Total advertising costs could be $20 worth of telegraph pole signs stuck up in the city with the words

NRL CLUB? GOING FUGGED? NEED A HALF?
FOR A GOOD TIME RING DAVE Q XXXX YYYY

Imagine managing two players?

Fug, I could buy LU and kick myself off!