What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take this with a large grain of salt, but...

Parra Guru

Coach
Smartman said:
Would piss the eels fans right off if he signed with Canterbury

Incase you didn't notice most of us hate him enough as it is, and don't really give a sh*t where he ends up, as long as it's not here.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not me.

The guy is an ass.

BUT he is a supremely talented ass - and I'd much rather have him playing for us than against us.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Parra Guru said:
Incase you didn't notice most of us hate him enough as it is

There are more people pro-Lyon's return that against it.

What a coincidence, the ones who support Wagon are also Anti-Lyon. Obviously they don't want us to win a premiership, because you need brilliant players like Lyon to do it, not solid players like Morris, not awful players like Wagon, brilliant ones like Jamie Lyon!

Lyon is so far ahead of Gasnier it isn't funny, and people talk Gasnier up like he's king of the castle. It'd be great to see Jamie run out in an Eels jersey again, with either 6 or 3 on the back (Benny to the backrow if it's 3).

1. Reddy
2. Inu/Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Lyon
7. Tim Smith

People would be willing to lose a backline like that over what Lyon did? OK, it was bad, but he wouldn't come back unless he wanted to be here so why not forgive him? The bloke is pure class, and that's what we've lacked at five-eighth since Kenny retired. Plus he's a very handy goalkicker too, would be great backup for Delaney (who would be in my 2007 line-up at lock).

spiderdan

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
There are more people pro-Lyon's return that against it.

Lyon is so far ahead of Gasnier it isn't funny, and people talk Gasnier up like he's king of the castle. It'd be great to see Jamie run out in an Eels jersey again, with either 6 or 3 on the back (Benny to the backrow if it's 3).

1. Reddy
2. Inu/Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Lyon
7. Tim Smith

People would be willing to lose a backline like that over what Lyon did? OK, it was bad, but he wouldn't come back unless he wanted to be here so why not forgive him? The bloke is pure class, and that's what we've lacked at five-eighth since Kenny retired. Plus he's a very handy goalkicker too, would be great backup for Delaney (who would be in my 2007 line-up at lock).
i pretty much agree with you though i would have williams at 2.

lyon is awesome and has shown in the uk he can play pivot, a position familiar to him from his junior days. my word from eels training though is that chris keating and blake green are going to be given a shot to impress at 6.

matt keating is also apparently getting a trial run at hooker against the storm.

bartman

Immortal
I get the feeling that Jamie will go where the most money is for him in 07, whether that's staying in England, or coming back as the main man at somewhere like Gold Coast or Newcastle (post Joey).

I'd be surprised if he ends up back at the Eels, financially and emotionally there's a lot of ground to shift before I think he'd be signed up. (But I'm not about to bet nudie laps on it... :?)

Stagger eel

Staff member
bartman said:
I get the feeling that Jamie will go where the most money is for him in 07, whether that's staying in England, or coming back as the main man at somewhere like Gold Coast or Newcastle (post Joey).

I'd be surprised if he ends up back at the Eels, financially and emotionally there's a lot of ground to shift before I think he'd be signed up. (But I'm not about to bet nudie laps on it... :?)

you may not of heard Barty, but a few weeks ago he actually knocked the Titans back so it looks like he won't be there at all, I'd say he's Manly bound.

shaun

Juniors
if we signed Lyon who and how many good players would we have to let go?? id prefer buying some more quality front rowers. will need them in a year or two.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Cordoba
Oake
Tsoulos
Cannings
Moi Moi
Taia
Hauraki
Afamasaga

We should be right for years with those guys at prop. They're all under 26.

stiffmeister

Bench
I'd love to have Lyon Back. Who cares about what he did. For all you Christians, remember, forgive & forget. Don't be bitter sooks. The guy made a mistake. Who cares, move on. Don't hold grudges. Drink your skim milk & eat your warm cookies while mummy tucks you in bed & reads you a bedtime story. Jamie Lyon, the mighty stiff will welcome you back with open arms.

Stagger eel

Staff member
stiff-meister eel said:
I'd love to have Lyon Back. Who cares about what he did. For all you Christians, remember, forgive & forget. Don't be bitter sooks. The guy made a mistake. Who cares, move on. Don't hold grudges. Drink your skim milk & eat your warm cookies while mummy tucks you in bed & reads you a bedtime story. Jamie Lyon, the mighty stiff will welcome you back with open arms.

great..for the good of humanity lets release Saddam Hussein shall we?? ;-)

stiff-meister eel said:

word.

im not even christian, but will readily forgive rather than hold grudges.

bartman

Immortal
eelavation said:
you may not of heard Barty, but a few weeks ago he actually knocked the Titans back so it looks like he won't be there at all, I'd say he's Manly bound.
Fair enough. I know from press over here he's after a big contract extension from St Helens, but I reckon Newcastle's a big chance if Joey calls it quits and they'll have all that money available to spend... depending who's coach.

Stagger eel

Staff member
bartman said:
Fair enough. I know from press over here he's after a big contract extension from St Helens, but I reckon Newcastle's a big chance if Joey calls it quits and they'll have all that money available to spend... depending who's coach.

actually it would be kinda funny if he did hang around.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
bartman said:

Joey's signed up until the end of 2008 (or 07, one or the other) so he won't be going to Newcastle. And I think it's the other way around Saints are offering Lyon huge dollars to stay, his girlfriend and baby won't even move to England for these two years, why would he stay there longer and give up seeing his family?

Manly can't afford him, GC can't get him, Raiders aren't strong enough to attract him, he's running out of options so hopefully Fitzy does something right for a change and throws some cash his way.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:
Joey's signed up until the end of 2008 (or 07, one or the other) so he won't be going to Newcastle. And I think it's the other way around Saints are offering Lyon huge dollars to stay, his girlfriend and baby won't even move to England for these two years, why would he stay there longer and give up seeing his family?

Manly can't afford him, GC can't get him, Raiders aren't strong enough to attract him, he's running out of options so hopefully Fitzy does something right for a change and throws some cash his way.

mate, how do you know Manly can't afford him?....he will definitely be there no questions about it.