What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tallis - the protected species

Last year he got away with belting Ross a few times and now he has had his suspension downgraded. His headslam was a bad one and I'm sure El Masri would've needed quite a few panadol that night. Can you imagine what would've happened had it been Morley that performed the head slam. The hysteria that would've followed that would've been on par with 9/11. Tallis is a thug, he makes Morley look like an alter boy.

Kiwi

First Grade
RC your an idiot, Tallis doesn't head hunt players in every game he plays, Morley does, Tallis doesn't need to alter his tackling technique, Morley does.

Add the fact El Masri got up the second the penalty was given as if nothing had happened says it wasn't as bad as you are trying to make it out to be.

And on the Ross fight, show me where a player has been suspended for a fight? there has been a few this year, did they get suspended let alone verbally bashed by the media and idiots like you?

You must spend alot of time sitting, what with those huges chips on your shoulders.

Kiwi you're an idiot. Morley doesn't head hunt players in every game he plays. Tallis is a thug, pure and simple but for some reason he's protected. Make all the excuses you like but as far as I'm concerned Tallis should've been suspended over the Ross incident and to get 1 lousy week for that head slam is a complete farce. Morley even gets penalised when he makes good solid tackles. I know which player I'd rather have in my team. BTW it wasn't a fight between Tallis and Ross. There has to be involvement by both men to classify it as a fight. Ross clearly didn't want to fight Tallis but Gordy boy decided to belt him anyway. It's not much different to the Williams incident. Tallis is a bully.

Kiwi

First Grade
awwwww poor RC and his crucified Morley, it's ok you have your little sook, after all your good at it. Mate you whinge more than Fitzgerald, Gould and Smith combined, a true champ of the bitch session. Might want to ease up or you'll give yourself a stroke, even though technically you've been stroking for a while now, all be it your own ego.

Who's whinging? I'm just stating facts. If it was Morley who headslammed El Masri all hell would've broken loose but because it's Tallis everyone turns a blind eye including the juduciary.

Southernsaint

Staff member
It's a Northern Conspiracy. Easts should go & start their own comp, call it Splendid League or something...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Tallis will be remembered as one of the greatest secondrowers ever. Morley will be remembered mostly for his high tackles. Thats the reality so it doesn't really matter what you think.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Morley even gets penalised when he makes good solid tackles. I know which player I'd rather have in my team. BTW it wasn't a fight between Tallis and Ross. There has to be involvement by both men to classify it as a fight. Ross clearly didn't want to fight Tallis but Gordy boy decided to belt him anyway. It's not much different to the Williams incident. Tallis is a bully.

yeah I like his good solid tackle on kearns last year in the test :roll:

ross threw punches back, thats a fight. can u remember morley throwing punches in a scrum against newcastle a few years back? of course you dont cos morley would never do anything bad. remember when morley tried to trip beattie a few years back? prob not....

Cupid Stunt

Tallis is a gimp but that was no headslam. Well not until the commentary team got on the mic claiming it. But I agree he is something of a protected species, but no more than the games 2 biggest cats/cheap shot merchants/whingers in Crocker & Anasta.

Ross started throwing them back, what choice did he have.
I'm not saying that Morley is an angel but he's not the Demon that everyone is painting him as. Tallis on the other hand.

skeepe

Immortal
People hate Morley for two reasons, as far as I can see:

The constant high tackles,

and the fact that the media calls him the best forward in the game when he clearly is not.

The second point isn't his fault, but that's life.

skeepe

Immortal
Unfortunately hysteria does rule. But that's just it, isn't it? Someone in the media gets into a flap about it, says that he hits high every game, the sheep that read it believe it and bingo! All of a sudden, everyone hates him because of that reason.

Until people stop believing everything they read, it's going to keep happening. Once Morley is gone, someone else will be there to take his place.

Personally I do think he goes high too often, maybe not as much as most people make out, but still far too often.

RC posts start

:blahb: :blahb: :blahb: Roosters :blahb: :blahb: :blahb:

I think you have no right to comment. A player in the Roosters team get balls up with what is a ball and what is a head.

I fell that Mark O'neill Head slam on Danny Willams was far worse than gordan Tallis. Yet Mark o'neil get one week and Gordan Tallis gets two weeks and downgrade from 2 weeks.

StGeorge

Juniors
Kiwi you're an idiot. Morley doesn't head hunt players in every game he plays. Tallis is a thug, pure and simple but for some reason he's protected. Make all the excuses you like but as far as I'm concerned Tallis should've been suspended over the Ross incident and to get 1 lousy week for that head slam is a complete farce. Morley even gets penalised when he makes good solid tackles. I know which player I'd rather have in my team. BTW it wasn't a fight between Tallis and Ross. There has to be involvement by both men to classify it as a fight. Ross clearly didn't want to fight Tallis but Gordy boy decided to belt him anyway. It's not much different to the Williams incident. Tallis is a bully.

Ur geniused dude, how is tallis a thug. Im not a brissie supporter but tallis aint a thug, hes one of the greatest second rowers of all time. He plays the game hard, but fair, he only deserved a week for that, i actually dont think morley is a thug either, but he does go high more than he should, but calling tallis a thug is pure dribble.
What did i expect from someone with the iq of a rock, Rooster Cogburn you are the epitomy of stupidity. Go become an afl supporter mate :arrow:

QldRabbit

Juniors
RC What a load of rubbish, why don't you have a look at Brisbane success rate at the judicary. The first ruling that has gone in there favour for 6 years, plus compare it to other head slams if you could call it that and it wasn't even in the same planet as others this season.

buster bunny

Juniors
I think Tallis should have got 2 weeks but I guess Im biased sinced I was hoping he would miss the Souths game :(