What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tallis - the protected species

t-ba

Post Whore
buster bunny said:
I think Tallis should have got 2 weeks but I guess Im biased sinced I was hoping he would miss the Souths game :(

I wasn't \\:D/

JJ

Immortal
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Last year he got away with belting Ross a few times and now he has had his suspension downgraded. His headslam was a bad one and I'm sure El Masri would've needed quite a few panadol that night. Can you imagine what would've happened had it been Morley that performed the head slam. The hysteria that would've followed that would've been on par with 9/11. Tallis is a thug, he makes Morley look like an alter boy.

nah - Morley just naturally looks like an alter boy. :lol: :lol: must be the sunsilk!

Tallis should have been suspended heavily for the Ross incident, no question.

Morley is much more of a high-shots man than Tallis.

miccle

Bench
One week was fair enough for that headslam. It was against the rules for sure but doesn't deserve missing more than one game imo.

He should've been suspended for the biff with Ross, pure and simple. Despite being a diehard broncs fan and having the upmost respect for Gorden, that was an incident that should've seen him on the sidelines for a couple of weeks.

But to say that this headslam was worth 2 weeks or more is a bit rich RC.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Who's whinging? I'm just stating facts. If it was Morley who headslammed El Masri all hell would've broken loose but because it's Tallis everyone turns a blind eye including the juduciary.

I've seen similar/worse not taken to the juduciary.

It could be said that Tallis being charged in the first place (i agree with the grade 1 ranking by the way ;-)) was an "intresting" decision :p.

mightybears

Bench
tallis use to be an above average player, not a "great"
but in the last few years he has been off his best and the team around him is less talented than say 98/99/00
he is getting frustrated at his level of play /his back injury and is starting to do dumb things
he is no brain surgeon but will be smart enough to know when to go, and thats this year after the finals

pcpp

Juniors
It's always good to see Rooster's fan getting pissed off :lol: ... double standards no doubt.

The comment about a roosters new league would be an excellent idea :lol:

[furrycat]

Coach
Kiwi said:
RC your an idiot, Tallis doesn't head hunt players in every game he plays, Morley does, Tallis doesn't need to alter his tackling technique, Morley does.

Add the fact El Masri got up the second the penalty was given as if nothing had happened says it wasn't as bad as you are trying to make it out to be.

And on the Ross fight, show me where a player has been suspended for a fight? there has been a few this year, did they get suspended let alone verbally bashed by the media and idiots like you?

You must spend alot of time sitting, what with those huges chips on your shoulders.

Let's not say El Masri was faking it... He was definately in a bit of pain.

melon....

Coach
Leagueguy said:
Tallis will be remembered as one of the greatest secondrowers ever. Morley will be remembered mostly for his high tackles. Thats the reality so it doesn't really matter what you think.
By the people that matter, the players, Morley will be remebered as one of the most feared forwards.

melon....

Coach
Southernsaint said:
It's a Northern Conspiracy. Easts should go & start their own comp, call it Splendid League or something...

Cheers,
Ben S.
Thats a great idea. Illawarra Socks could also play in the comp, just to see them getting beaten every week.

Stranger

Coach
Leagueguy said:
Tallis will be remembered as one of the greatest secondrowers ever. Morley will be remembered mostly for his high tackles. Thats the reality so it doesn't really matter what you think.

I never pictured as one of the greatest secondrowers. Kennedy, Fletcher now there great secondrowers. Tallis is a cat. He likes to tackle hard but neva puts his hand up to do the hard yards.

The tackle on El was high and he did backslam him there for he should of had a grade 2.

Anonymous

Juniors
Stranger said:
Leagueguy said:

I never pictured as one of the greatest secondrowers. Kennedy, Fletcher now there great secondrowers. Tallis is a cat. He likes to tackle hard but neva puts his hand up to do the hard yards.

The tackle on El was high and he did backslam him there for he should of had a grade 2.

lol Whatever mate. Masiri looked fine to all of Suncorp when he got up.

Hunt has taken worse, coincidently by Kennedy and alot of other players.

Stranger

Coach
its not how hard the tackle is its weather its a leagle that counts. he got him high and backslam. As i recall thats against the rules?

Kaz

junior
Stranger said:
its not how hard the tackle is its weather its a leagle that counts. he got him high and backslam. As i recall thats against the rules?

And so is using the elbow, like what Clint Newton used tonight on Sims.

realredhillboy

Juniors
StGeorge said:
Kiwi you're an idiot. Morley doesn't head hunt players in every game he plays. Tallis is a thug, pure and simple but for some reason he's protected. Make all the excuses you like but as far as I'm concerned Tallis should've been suspended over the Ross incident and to get 1 lousy week for that head slam is a complete farce. Morley even gets penalised when he makes good solid tackles. I know which player I'd rather have in my team. BTW it wasn't a fight between Tallis and Ross. There has to be involvement by both men to classify it as a fight. Ross clearly didn't want to fight Tallis but Gordy boy decided to belt him anyway. It's not much different to the Williams incident. Tallis is a bully.

Ur geniused dude, how is tallis a thug. Im not a brissie supporter but tallis aint a thug, hes one of the greatest second rowers of all time. He plays the game hard, but fair, he only deserved a week for that, i actually dont think morley is a thug either, but he does go high more than he should, but calling tallis a thug is pure dribble.
What did i expect from someone with the iq of a rock, Rooster Cogburn you are the epitomy of stupidity. Go become an afl supporter mate :arrow:

short memory huh? seems you have forgotton how bennett paraded tallis mid season in a broncos inc jersey while he was mid way through a season with the saints, a real team, real club and more tadition than the broncs have in their little toes

realredhillboy

Juniors
pcpp said:
It's always good to see Rooster's fan getting pissed off :lol: ... double standards no doubt.

The comment about a roosters new league would be an excellent idea :lol:
thats pretty hypocritical talking about double standards coming from a broncos/news corp fan

Kaz

junior
realredhillboy said:
short memory huh? seems you have forgotton how bennett paraded tallis mid season in a broncos inc jersey while he was mid way through a season with the saints, a real team, real club and more tadition than the broncs have in their little toes

You forgot about Chris Walker had a contract with Souths & then 'suddenly' quit & SURPRISE, SURPRISE he signed with the Roosters.

realredhillboy

Juniors
yes but its still hypocritical when a broncos news corp fan criticizes the roosters. everything that we have been alledgly doing you guys have been doing since 1988. must be pretty good for the heat to be off your gold boys for wahile.
u sycophant

Stranger

Coach
And so is using the elbow, like what Clint Newton used tonight on Sims.
Im saying that he should get what punishment he deserves. Brining up old incidents its just being stupid. All teams have had players suspended.

Tallis deserved 2 weeks atleats. Newton deserves a coupple of weeks.
You do the crime YOU SHOULD DO THE TIME!