What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taniela Tuiaki

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So are the ground staff responsible for the hardness of the surface which busted McCrackens neck

Is Steeden at fault for contributing to Luke Covell's busted knee.

Because in all honesty westie you are drawing an excessively long bow here to justify your irrational hatred of one player.

westie

Bench
Why wouldn't I?

We all take a lot of piss on here. Plenty of hyberbole about "my gran could do a better job" etc. But almost to a man, every one here has the ultimate respect for the gents that go out and get beat up and bleed for our colours. We may think there are better players and talk some sh*t about their playing ability, but there's always gratitude for the physical effort. Rarely does anyone with their head screwed on criticise a players' heart.

There have only ever been two players that don't fit that category IMO. One was Kaufusi, summed up by the infamous replacement after complaining of a headache. But, sadly, even he ran with more gusto than Moltzen. Moltzen is the only FG footballer I have ever seen bail on taking the hit up halfway through.

That it ruined the career of another player is embarrassing and for me, I don't want to see that sort of character playing for my football club.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
to single handedly blame him for an injury he played no part in is ludicrous. He didn't cause Tuiaki to fall the way he did in the tackle, he didn't have hold of his feet.

f**k of the sav westie, you're having an enormous pull if you are blaming Moltzen for throwing a pass ahead of the parra defenders who held tuiaki around his ankles and then snapped his body over.

TroopyF

Juniors
Why wouldn't I?

We all take a lot of piss on here. Plenty of hyberbole about "my gran could do a better job" etc. But almost to a man, every one here has the ultimate respect for the gents that go out and get beat up and bleed for our colours. We may think there are better players and talk some sh*t about their playing ability, but there's always gratitude for the physical effort. Rarely does anyone with their head screwed on criticise a players' heart.

There have only ever been two players that don't fit that category IMO. One was Kaufusi, summed up by the infamous replacement after complaining of a headache. But, sadly, even he ran with more gusto than Moltzen. Moltzen is the only FG footballer I have ever seen bail on taking the hit up halfway through.

That it ruined the career of another player is embarrassing and for me, I don't want to see that sort of character playing for my football club.

So your rating and writing off Moltzens carrer based on this one run and pass?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
that's our westie.

He'll give a proven perfomer hell because he doesn't like some silly aspect of that player, and tries to justify it with some ridiculous comments, but he'll see absolute nuffies as Gods, like Ben Reynolds

Direct

Juniors
It is ridiculous to blame Moltzen.

A fullback passing the ball to a winger on a kick return happens 10 times a game at least.

It happened every single time Moltzen got the ball from a kick, without fail. It was completely soft. Apportioning all blame for Tuiaki's injury on Moltzen is a bit rich, but Moltzen's gutlessness needs to be condemned, as does Ben Smith's tackling technique and Tim Sheens sheer pigheadedness picking Moltzen at fullback when it was abundantly clear he's not cut out for the role.

jasonl

Juniors
Why wouldn't I?

Westie,

Take it easy mate -no need to marginalise yourself with this kind of stuff. I don't know Moltzen from a bar of soap but there can be no question that he has class.

First year in first grade at that bodyweight is plain scary - loose forwards will seek you out and relish smashing you through the ribs. Think Toni Carrol or Gary Larson. Guy like that hits you and you have a new apprecaition of the universe.

Moltzen, given time, will be an excellent 1st grade player IMHO.

One thing that no one seems to allude to is that he works particularly well with Marshall.

Go figure.

The kid is going through a knee reconstruction (which never quite work btw) at age 21.

Get off your high horse and show some compassion.

Like you ever laced it up lol

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It happened every single time Moltzen got the ball from a kick, without fail. It was completely soft. Apportioning all blame for Tuiaki's injury on Moltzen is a bit rich, but Moltzen's gutlessness needs to be condemned, as does Ben Smith's tackling technique and Tim Sheens sheer pigheadedness picking Moltzen at fullback when it was abundantly clear he's not cut out for the role.
Given Moltzen is much more suited at playing in he halves, it's not entirely his fault if he's not running the ball back, as it's not something he's used to doing, considering halfbacks don't usually do kick returns.

jasonl

Juniors
Westie,

Take it easy mate -no need to marginalise yourself with this kind of stuff. I don't know Moltzen from a bar of soap but there can be no question that he has class.

First year in first grade at that bodyweight is plain scary - loose forwards will seek you out and relish smashing you through the ribs. Think Toni Carrol or Gary Larson. Guy like that hits you and you have a new apprecaition of the universe.

Moltzen, given time, will be an excellent 1st grade player IMHO.

One thing that no one seems to allude to is that he works particularly well with Marshall.

Go figure.

The kid is going through a knee reconstruction (which never quite work btw) at age 21.

Get off your high horse and show some compassion.