What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tap on the Shoulder Time

It may very well be true that he’s aging and not quite the same player as years gone by, but when he’s the drop in standard is from ‘indomitable force of nature’ to merely ‘game wining freak’ and ’heart & soul of this great club’, areasonable argumet could be made that we’re probably best served by keeping him on the paddock.

Card Shark

Immortal
You may like to poke fun at Stake for that comment, which I agree is extreme.

However, no more extreme than last week when we needed 2 tries in 2 minutes to win, so Gal takes a settler on the 4th....which was apparently the “plan”.

Truth is, Gal’s time is up. He did some great things yesterday to get us back in the game but it is few & far between.

He is copping a lot of bagging recently in here & everywhere about his hogging & ineffectiveness. If he continues, that’s all he will be remembered for...oh, & the most losses ever!

Get out whilst you are still near the top of your game Gal! Don’t go 1 season too late.

millersnose

Post Whore
I know some people find you and stakes constant insipid repetitive waffle on this forum boring but .....

“Gals time is up”

That’s as hilarious as your rediculous “sack Fifita” comments

You LU arm chair critics are definitely the best value for money entertainment on the internet

Inferno

Coach
No one is saying sack him now. That is ridiculous. But just because he put in one blinder doesn't mean you re-sign him when half THIS season is still in front of us.

For those laughing at the idea of tapping him on the shoulder, how much do you think he's worth this year, and how much would you re-sign him on next year?

Quigs

Immortal
Gal was inspirational in the 2nd half but his 1st half was definately not munch chop.

Spilt pill a couple of times, a real shit pass near their line and a few otheries that I remember. I know I was saying some rudie words when he was doing it. Along with most of this team mates as I remember.

They were shit.

Ads

First Grade
He's shown plenty of signs the body has had enough. If him staying on doesn't cost us another signing then let him stay. If we miss a signing to keep a 38 year old then no thanks.

Stake Removed

First Grade
There was article today suggesting this will be last signing.

I do think this should be his last year, but as i also said i love Gall like everyone else does, but remember he will be 38 next year, and what if keeping him means we lose a Williams or Nikora who have 10 years in front of them, and next year if he stayed whats to say the same argument is taking place

coolumsharkie

Referee
He needs to step back next year and take a less of a role. He can do a Heighno (who is a year older than Gal?) type role and still have an impact.

Lol.

He had a good game against a team that won’t be in the finals. Great stuff.

Hope he keeps it up against the finals teams.

He was definitely off the pace in the two games before that so he was due.

But how good is Holmes going.

He just keeps pulling out match winning plays. Hope Flanno successfully extends his contract for two more years as he stated. You got to lock up the young gems.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
He's a bench prop next year in my opinion. If we get Woods, Fafita Woods and Gal up front with Prior pushing out to 13. Bakuya, Williams, Wado, maybe Lewie on the edges. I think Gal and Lewie still offer a lot, provided they're managed effectively.

Latest posts