What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

TheRev

First Grade
Strange how we can let PM go to Newcastle without any compensation and yet Newcastle, Sims no longer wishes to play with, want compensation to release him.
Absolutely.. plus they took in 2 new players this week also.. however.. Sims is a co-captain so it probably cant be directly compared with PM who was our stand-in back.

getsmarty

Immortal
Sims dropped by Knights as he nears Dragons switch

By Lewis Isaacs

Published on Jun. 11, 2016
Newcastle enforcer Tariq Sims' tenure with the Knights looks to be over.
http://www.nospam47.com/league/list...ks-souths-cronulla/1qmmsbcq2406o1gznk99ih0e3d
The Knights back rower signed with St George Illawarra on a three-year deal starting in 2017, but is likely to leave the Newcastle team sooner after he was dropped for today's game against the Warriors.
Sims was named in the team on Tuesday but won't suit up for today's game.
Knights coach Nathan Brown was asked if Sims has played his last game for the team, telling KOFM '"I'd be lying if I said it wasn't possible."
Former Knights coach and Football Director Michael Hagan pointed towards Sims' exit.
"There's a lot of things pointing to the fact he won't play another game for the Knights," he said.
Sims was rumoured to make an immediate switch to the Dragons two weeks ago, with speculation Jake Marketo or Will Matthews could go the other way.
The Dragons confirmed prop Mike Cooper will leave the team at the end of the season.
"I'd be lying if I said it wasn't possible" @NRLKnights Brown on the possibility @sims_tariq had played his last game for the Knights #NRL
— KOFM Newcastle (@1029KOFM) June 11, 2016
"There's a lot of things pointing to the fact he won't play another game for the Knights" Michael Hagan on @sims_tariq #NRLKnightsWarriors
— KOFM Newcastle (@1029KOFM) June 11, 2016

http://www.nospam47.com/league/news...gby-league-warriors/ipgmta0pc6jy1ku10rou742k5

FlameThrower

Bench
Seems he's joined effective immediately. Wonder if he'll play against Melb replacing Tyson?

BREAKING: @sims_tariq agrees to terms to join the #redv effective immediately! http://stgi.co/1UA19HG

Good news for a change!
Now sign up Keary and slot in #9 either Segy or Cherington, and I want to see Host play some more games this year as well.
Finally we need to also sort out Farrel / Creagh and Marshall as this has been dragging out now,

RedVDragon

Juniors
Enjoy the plodfest that is Tariq Sims. Hopefully for your sake he does his ankle or gets a long term suspension

I totally understand why he would want out. A few reasons come to mind

1. Not being associated with drug castle
2. The fact the will finish last is another
3. Lastly being coached by Brown who can't even coach.

Noname36

First Grade
I totally understand why he would want out. A few reasons come to mind

1. Not being associated with drug castle
2. The fact the will finish last is another
3. Lastly being coached by Brown who can't even coach.

Actually Tariq was told he wasn't worth a contract upgrade from those same bottom dwellers (hence why he left). Doesn't say much does it?

Dragsters

First Grade
Clearly he was not happy there for whatever reason.

Wasn't performing to his potential as a result.

Knight were not prepared to pay him more in light of this.

He comes home to the dragons for less coin but wants to be here (and outta there) bad enough to make it happen now.

Now he has what he wants, I expect him to get back to his best.

Tariq didnt want to leave, the knights got rid of him by not negotiating hard for his contract.

You guys are truly delusional if you think he will perform for you, heck, he didnt even perform at the cowboys with their star studded line up.

rainman44

Bench
Tariq didnt want to leave, the knights got rid of him by not negotiating hard for his contract.

You guys are truly delusional if you think he will perform for you, heck, he didnt even perform at the cowboys with their star studded line up.

Broke two legs whilst he was at the cowboys.......was killing it before hand..

Dragsters

First Grade

Didn't want to leave hey, so why then did he tell the Knights 2 weeks ago that he had played his last game for them, then last week the Knights select him to play, only for him to not run out?

Sounds like he really wanted to be there... Not!

Didn't want to leave hey, so why then did he tell the Knights 2 weeks ago that he had played his last game for them, then last week the Knights select him to play, only for him to not run out?

Sounds like he really wanted to be there... Not!

because the knights didnt offer him the contract he wanted.

Minh

First Grade
He's moved on, he's here now...to find his redemption, personally I am going to watch him with great interest. I hope he will be happy here and ends up killing it....