What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Dont like the idea of loosing Matthews is Sims that much better ....... ? the the signing of Sims is ok but to loose Mathews , not sure....

I'll be pissed off if we've let Matthews go for Sims. I'll take Matthews any day of the week, He's he's less likely to be suspended, he's less injury prone, he runs hard and he tackles harder.

Old Timer

Coach
I'll be pissed off if we've let Matthews go for Sims. I'll take Matthews any day of the week, He's he's less likely to be suspended, he's less injury prone, he runs hard and he tackles harder.

I'm with you Johnno

Now the question is, if he is not significantly better than Matthews how can it be a good signing at $400k / season?

Or do some here think Matthews is getting $400k / season?

Dud deal and if we have to swap anyone at all Marketo included an even more dud deal.

Divine

Bench
"GI's fieldgoal attempt when 2 behind..."

God I wish he'd kicked it

(Sorry off topic ...carry on )

blacksafake

First Grade
I'm pi**ed off that Matthews is even in the frame to be swapped. If Brownie is given a choice of him or Marketo who the hell do they think he's going to take.:x

Mathews doesn't even have to agree to a swap neither does Marketo or Cooper.

Just because some reporter throws it out there doesn't mean its true.

Marketo would be the one who should consider it though he is only on a year deal and with Tariq coming in his chances of first grade next year is getting smaller.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Mathews doesn't even have to agree to a swap neither does Marketo or Cooper.

Just because some reporter throws it out there doesn't mean its true.

Marketo would be the one who should consider it though he is only on a year deal and with Tariq coming in his chances of first grade next year is getting smaller.

It's all click bait. I cannot recall a single player swap in recent memory ever going through.

I love the way Matthews plays. If we had 13 of him we'd have a premiership. Hard working, honest, dependable, awkward to handle, versatile, deceptive... If anyone is into kungfu you know drunken style... Mathews reminds of that, always gets around looking busted, but he pops up and surprises with something.

borat

Bench
Ever since Ben Hunt and co was able to generate a whole week of Gillett to Dragons articles just by making up a locker room rumour I have even less faith than ever before that stories like this player swap has any truth in at at all.

18to87

Coach
Ever since Ben Hunt and co was able to generate a whole week of Gillett to Dragons articles just by making up a locker room rumour I have even less faith than ever before that stories like this player swap has any truth in at at all.

Generally I'd agree but the fact that Saints issued the press release for his signing for next year about 4 seconds after the Knights last game (when are they ever on the ball?) along with the comments by Newcastle tells me that Sims and Saints want the transfer to happen ASAP. Newcastle are the hold up as they want something in exchange from somewhere.

borat

Bench
Generally I'd agree but the fact that Saints issued the press release for his signing for next year about 4 seconds after the Knights last game (when are they ever on the ball?) along with the comments by Newcastle tells me that Sims and Saints want the transfer to happen ASAP. Newcastle are the hold up as they want something in exchange from somewhere.

The Knights and Saints want Sims to move now, that I agree, just don't necessarily beleive a swap with one of our players is what the Knights want.

The Knights want Mitch Barnett. The Raiders have Junior Paulo named in this weeks team....yet his contract was only registered this morning. Its possible the Raiders weren't releasing Barnett until Paulo was official and the Knights weren't needing to release Sims until that happened. I suspect the discussion with the Knights is how much of Sims 2016 salary does the Knights pay (rumoured to be 600k) and if we have the cap space to accomodate.

Once that is resolved I would imagine the 2 players (Barnett and Sims) will move.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Seriously some would rather Matthews than Sims? The quicker they can get Sims in the better.

Not really mate, I think people are happy to keep hold of Matthews somewhere in the 17, rather than let him go.
Matthews has been good for us this year and goes about his job without too much fuss.

BrissyRedV

Bench
The question is not if Sims is better than Matthews or Cooper for that matter, but will he improve us that much for the rest of the year to justify trading either of those players for him for this season. If not, both those players will add value to our roster for 2017 so are not worth trading. Personally, I think the knights would be better off just letting Sims go and use whatever salary cap it frees up to work on next years roster. Their season is well and truly a write off.

Latest posts