What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

blacksafake

First Grade
Not really mate, I think people are happy to keep hold of Matthews somewhere in the 17, rather than let him go.
Matthews has been good for us this year and goes about his job without too much fuss.

These are my thoughts which is why i'm peeved to see him mentioned as a swap.

Tez

Juniors
As i have already stated in the JA forum, Yes the Knights have signed Barnett (for this season) however this wont mean Tariq Sims will join us in 2016.

It's a pity. When a player goes to his team and tells them it will be his last game with them - as he is said to have done last week - he doesn't want to be there.

barry

Bench
It's a pity. When a player goes to his team and tells them it will be his last game with them - as he is said to have done last week - he doesn't want to be there.

He clearly does not want to be there, you can tell by his performances.

Hopefully things change

His performance has been average the whole time. He indicated he preferred living in Newcastle, bought a house for his family and gets to play with his brother. Not sure what else could have been done to motivate him further?

Also started both seasons at the Knights with 5 match suspensions so should have been pumped to make it up to his team mates.

Dragsters

First Grade
DRAGONS STILL HOPEFUL OF GETTING SIMS EARLY

Written by THE MOLE, June 9, 2016
THE DRAGONS have secured Tariq Sims’ signature for the next three years but they are still hopeful of getting him to the club this season before the June 30 deadline.

Knights CEO Matt Gidley made no secret of the fact that he would be open to releasing the club’s co-captain early but only if they are compensated in the form of a player swap deal.

RLW can confirm that the Dragons recently discussed the possibility of trading hard-working back-rower Jake Marketo to the club in exchange for Sims’ early release. But the Knights, after consideration, rejected the deal and demanded another player or a higher profile player in return.

The rejected proposal has not deterred the Dragons though as they view the addition of the aggressive Sims as the perfect boost as they look to make a run to the finals.

Reports suggest the Red V could be open to packaging Marketo along with defensive forward Will Matthews.

The Dragons are also looking at some of their younger forwards as a potential option.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/dragons-still-hopeful-getting-sims-early/

I'm against a Matthews and Marketo trade and even WIll on his own.

I think we just resigned Host and sele so which other younger forwards would they be potentially considering?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I would rather hold onto Host than Matthews and Marketo. They should try and get Sims to the club asap. Would love to get him before Bulldogs game.

possm

Coach
Strange how we can let PM go to Newcastle without any compensation and yet Newcastle, Sims no longer wishes to play with, want compensation to release him.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Strange how we can let PM go to Newcastle without any compensation and yet Newcastle who have lost Sims wish to play for them, ask for compensation.

Yes thats very odd ! Perhaps the " fairness scales " that Newcastle use are different to those used by the Dragons ? :?

Tuddy

Juniors
We're holding all the cards not them and by the way thanks for looking after us Browny. No deal.