What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

dungay dragon

Juniors
If Tariq is on $800000 a by 1st May is only 1/2 a season save the ,$400000 and let him go front end a couple emerging players and have a crack for someone next season
As long as we can nab a more than suitable replacement , send him packing..
The disappointing thing will all this and other players in the same boat , is the efforts they are going through to secure a gig for next season ...they cant possibly be fully committed to their current Clubs who are still paying them handsomely..
Who ever at the Club approved this over blown contract should be shown the door as well...

Illusion

Bench
As long as we can nab a more than suitable replacement , send him packing..
The disappointing thing will all this and other players in the same boat , is the efforts they are going through to secure a gig for next season ...they cant possibly be fully committed to their current Clubs who are still paying them handsomely..
Who ever at the Club approved this over blown contract should be shown the door as well...
Most of them should be shown the door , so many bad decisions made after the Grand Final win in 2010 ......

Last edited:

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
If that is where Tariq is going then I can see him playing on for a few more years ..... Storm are a well structured team that has been great for decades under Bellamy ...... Like I have said before its easier playing in a good team that is always on top of thier game than playing with the rubble of the past 8 years or so ...... Good luck to him I wish him all the best .......
Going into a pack losing Bromwich Bromwich kaufusi ans Smith can't see that happening

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Imo releasing Sims early would be good business.
We could look at letting him go:
1. After the Storm game on the 8th May.
2. After the Dogs game on 29th May (where we have a bye the following round)
3. 30th June

As far as I'm aware we currently have 29 contracted players (inc Sims).

J. Hunt is a DS player and is eligible after round 11 (if i'm not mistsken) to play 1st grade. I dont think it would be viable to promote him to the top 30 just based on economic sense.

MM is still on a T&T and would make sense to promote him into the top 30 ahead of Hunt.

As some have mentioned, letting Sims go early would push Bird back out to the edge (not sure where Burns is with him injury) and maybe free up some $$ that maybe required for re-signing him.

With Bird back tothe 2nd row, Jr could come into 5/8, creating a position for a utility on the bench, aka Bud. That would mean Mbye would remain at fb for that to happen.

We have ubtil the 30th June to complete the squad, so maybe we are looking at our own 'early release' for a hooker, or are we giving young CM some time to develop. Wouldn't surprise to see young Doyle fast tracked also.

Illusion

Bench
Replaced over a period of years by class players totally different to losing 4 of you best 7 in one go and replace by Sims
Mate time will tell it sounds like you are dirty that he is going, he will go ok and wish him the best ..... Lets face it they Storm are well ahead of us in all departments .....

Old Timer

Coach
Sims @ 32 and actually 33 if he doesn't play for Melbourne until next year seems very un Bellamy like to me unless of course it is the 1st indication that Bellyache might not be coaching next year.

With all the star power he is losing one would think that he would want better than an overpaid, ageing, somewhat lazy former rep player on a 2 year deal to bolster his squad.

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
Imo releasing Sims early would be good business.
We could look at letting him go:
1. After the Storm game on the 8th May.
2. After the Dogs game on 29th May (where we have a bye the following round)
3. 30th June

As far as I'm aware we currently have 29 contracted players (inc Sims).

J. Hunt is a DS player and is eligible after round 11 (if i'm not mistsken) to play 1st grade. I dont think it would be viable to promote him to the top 30 just based on economic sense.

MM is still on a T&T and would make sense to promote him into the top 30 ahead of Hunt.

As some have mentioned, letting Sims go early would push Bird back out to the edge (not sure where Burns is with him injury) and maybe free up some $$ that maybe required for re-signing him.

With Bird back tothe 2nd row, Jr could come into 5/8, creating a position for a utility on the bench, aka Bud. That would mean Mbye would remain at fb for that to happen.

We have ubtil the 30th June to complete the squad, so maybe we are looking at our own 'early release' for a hooker, or are we giving young CM some time to develop. Wouldn't surprise to see young Doyle fast tracked also.
I think Michael MOLO is already in top 30.

Latest posts