What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

since77

Juniors
The point that sticks in my craw is the side is not picked on form it is picked on the thrills of yesteryear and mateship.

Completely agree. I vomit every time I hear this “origin player” crap.
It’s supposed to be a representative game, with each position represented by the years best player.
It’s why players like Blacklock were always overlooked despite being clearly in the top 2 wingers in the state.
Just pick the best players on CURRENT form for each game and return some value and credibility to the jersey.

BLM01

First Grade
1. Frizz (may get ruled out but to be not named very strange)
2. Start with Martin (who if Frizz is out then I would have started with Martin) and put Koolamatngi on the bench
3. JT out of prop to 2nd row and select a real prop.
4. If they can pick FB's as centres then Brown at lock and Yeo to edge (where he has played plenty)
5. IMO any of the above is still better than picking TS.

The point that sticks in my craw is the side is not picked on form it is picked on the thrills of yesteryear and mateship.

Picking TS was akin to Mc Fookknuckle saying Latimore was great to have around the team.
1. Frizz would’ve been named but didn’t because he was injured and they knew that after the game yesterday
2. Disagree te Martin but that guy from Souths has had an Ok year but so has Sims in comparison
3. No JT a middle
4. True but they said today Tariq’s energy and how hard he plays was the deciding factor
5. See 4 above but agree he is just about last man standing
But the more I think about it the more your argument doesn’t wash
it’s his aggression that they want and it think he’s the right selection
only the fact that Victor Crichton and Frizzell are unavailable

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Speaking of OT’s rant re Sims selection
I reckon there is a worse one if form had anything to do with it and picking JoeO for QLD
At least Tariq has shown some leading team performances in his side
what has Joe done in the past 2-3 yrs

BLM01

First Grade
Sims sizes up Blues enforcer role
NSW Blues second rower Tariq Sims says his role comes down to putting pressure on the Maroons ball players and protecting the Blues halves

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/06/02/sims-sizes-up-blues-enforcer-role/
Great
Be an enforcer for your state
Media making it out he is going to take em out on his own
Rip someone’s head off for your state
you won’t get sent off or binned
don’t worry about your club
Remember it’s war out there.. LOL.. used to be

TruSaint

Referee
The judiciary is preparing its verdict already.

tenor.gif

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Great game by Sims. Apart from 1 dropped ball he did a lot of great stuff last night and was one of the best forwards on the field.
Just watched the replay and Tariq was fantastic last night.....almost MOM performance imo.....if he can replicate that performance in his club games and JDB comes good soon, opposition players will be looking over their shoulders

jak

Bench
Just watched the replay and Tariq was fantastic last night.....almost MOM performance imo.....if he can replicate that performance in his club games and JDB comes good soon, opposition players will be looking over their shoulders
bse how are you doing now that your treatment is all over, have just finished mine this week, so now the dragons can start winning again.

perhaps with a bit of smugness - but I'd backed his selection in SOO in some other threads and amongst mates, where they thought it was a joke he got in.

The bloke was exactly the kind of mongrel we needed in the Blues pack, and especially missed last year when we got rolled over like a sponge cake under a truck.

I reckon he's been our best forward this year, Just an opinion. But I'm just simply glad for him to being back to his best. Trust he stays out of the injury lists, and the judiciary. We'll be far better for it.

slippery5

Juniors
Completely agree. I vomit every time I hear this “origin player” crap.
It’s supposed to be a representative game, with each position represented by the years best player.
It’s why players like Blacklock were always overlooked despite being clearly in the top 2 wingers in the state.
Just pick the best players on CURRENT form for each game and return some value and credibility to the jersey.
Those were the reasons why I supported Qld, I think it was Wayne Pearce at the time. Happy to say I'm back on board now we have a coach picking the best players on form.