What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tate

Meth

Staff member
From my perspective, we at the Warriors will be poorer without him. I am not sure he is worth what we are paying him, but he is playing some very good football right now. I would have him over Tonga in any team in a flash

andrew057

First Grade
From my perspective, we at the Warriors will be poorer without him. I am not sure he is worth what we are paying him, but he is playing some very good football right now. I would have him over Tonga in any team in a flash

Thats going too far, Tonga has been the best centre in the game so far this season imo, but Tate is playing fantastic football aswell.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Tate is a good player, not worth what the Warriors are paying him tho.
He outplayed Tonga in th Warriors v Cowboys clash. the best thing about him is his attitude and he runs hard. My question would be, how could the Cowboys afford him - Thurston, Tonga, Payne, Bowen, that agro secondrower LOL, Mason, and guys like Webb, Southern, Scott, Bolton.
He would run well of Thursto!

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah if we shafted Webb we might have some spare dosh, but he's too expensive for what he's worth.
Meth, you have rocks in your head....Tonga > Tate by a fair margin, and to be honest...someone 'outplaying' their opposite in a club game isn't much.
According to Tigers' fans, Farah outplays Smith every time they play.

I'm glad that we're in the right market, we need some speedy wingers and a handy center.

beads6

First Grade
Just saw on BHQ that you blokes are chasing Antonio WInterstien from the Broncos...

Talanexor

Juniors
Winterstein is an ideal pickup. He does everything a winger should, without being exceptional. He has Yow Yeh and Kemp in front of him at the Broncs too.

I've also heard we're chasing Michael Gordon from Penrith. Not such a fan of that idea. Gordon's defence is a bit dodgy, and his main asset is his 90% goalkicking. Valuable in most teams, but not when we have Thurston!

Charlie124

First Grade
Im just glad we're in the market for a good winger. Id be more than happy with Winterstein, Tate or Gordon (or 2 of any of them). We are so close to being really strong, serious contenders for a premiership.

We will lose Webb, Southern and hopefully a few more of our deadwood players so we should have the money to throw at a classy outside back or two

BDR

First Grade
Winterstein would be absolutely perfect for us, gee that's a good signing if we manage to close it. Then we can get rid of Williams and things look a lot better for us on the flanks if Tupou's game last night was any indication of his talents.

I really think we are just a few key players off from righting the ship up here.

Big Pete

Referee
Winterstein has been pretty average this season.

Only a smudge better than your current crop.

elyod138

Bench
He hasn't been given as many opportunities to shine though, our backs butcher try after try. John Williams' game last night was a perfect example.

Big Pete

Referee
eloyd - I just don't want you Cowboys fans to get ahead of yourselves. You were the exact same way with Tupou and to me he's failed to live it to the hype you guys bestowed upon him. I did hear he played well last night in which case good on him.

Back to Winterstein, he's struggled with injury so far this year. Ever since that Cowboys game he just hasn't been performing as well as we would've liked to of seen.

beads, well that's basically Winterstein these days.

Latest posts