What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor has backing for promotion

Eelementary

Post Whore
He seems like the perfect candidate.

Brian Smith's coaching influence, combined with his own personality which hopefully will mean he can fire up his players.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
thats the problem, perhaps another BS clone is not the answer

the idea of 10 years being enough, means they want somewthing new, otherwise they may as well keep BS

JT has only ever coached under BS

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well I think most of us here would agree (and those who don't must be blind) that, when it comes to regular season coaching, Brian Smith is fantastic.

He is just missing that one ingredient when it comes to Finals football.

The reasons I think JT would be great are because he recently (5 years ago) played in Finals football, plus he is his own man - he has a different personality to Brian, which MAY mean that he can get the best out of his players in the Finals, which Brian couldn't do.

I don't know.

But whoever becomes coach in 2007 will have my full support. That's for sure.

Utey

Coach
Whoever will coach will have their own tactics, ploys etc. Just because JT learnt the ropes under Smith I really dont reflect to see us playing the exact same game. I look at how the Premier League side play there games and if he did that too our FG Id be pretty happy.

Our Prem side looked very calm in that GF and didnt really depend on the boot to score tries. Game is based on patience.

number8

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Well I think most of us here would agree (and those who don't must be blind) that, when it comes to regular season coaching, Brian Smith is fantastic.

He is just missing that one ingredient when it comes to Finals football.

The reasons I think JT would be great are because he recently (5 years ago) played in Finals football, plus he is his own man - he has a different personality to Brian, which MAY mean that he can get the best out of his players in the Finals, which Brian couldn't do.

I must be blind because I've seen some great finals victories he's coached. He has also won more finals than he has lost.

Eelementary said:
I don't know.

But whoever becomes coach in 2007 will have my full support. That's for sure.

Amen to that!

Eelementary

Post Whore
number8 said:
I must be blind because I've seen some great finals victories he's coached. He has also won more finals than he has lost.

Amen to that!

That is not what I meant at all, my friend!

I simply meant that, if we ignore the Finals, Brian Smith generally has a great track record in coaching teams during the regualr season.

Hell, even in 2003 and 2004 we were ALMOST able to make the Finals. And missing out on two series in - what - ten years...That's bloody impressive.

If JT has the skills and ability of BS but mixed with his own ideas, visions and personality, we may well have a good time for many years yet...

Henson

Juniors
Phillips said:
in the space of 1 yr C Anderson turned a very good sharks side into a pile of crap
what experience has Taylor got to get the nod?what a joke you'd proberly be better off with that goose anderson or even paul langmack!!!

Phillips

Referee
Henson said:
what experience has Taylor got to get the nod?what a joke you'd proberly be better off with that goose anderson or even paul langmack!!!

what experience did Ricky Stuart have to get the nod or Michael Hagan?

Latest posts