What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2016

I think our strongest available side has shitloads of potential and we might just pull the comps proverbial pants down. I am more looking forward to this year than I was 2012. Pauli Pauli and or Perett will make things better again. Imagine Paea, Perett and Pauli Pauli coming at teams. They are all 110. Kgs plus.

Last edited:

ryana87

Juniors
Mullen dropped from trial against Canberra because he got on the grog while he should have been recovering...........I'd say this is a good move from Brown......puts everyone on their toes and is a positive sign to fix the shot culture

Mullen dropped from trial against Canberra because he got on the grog while he should have been recovering...........I'd say this is a good move from Brown......puts everyone on their toes and is a positive sign to fix the shot culture

Yeah and it looks like mullo has copped it sweet and everyone has moved on. Good result all round.

Spot On

Coach
Nathan f**king Brown!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

We have strong leadership people.

J. Mullen playing reserves hey. Who would have thought?

Love it.

Swarzey

Bench
Good stuff.

Brown installing the right culture; this side has lacked true discipline for...well forever. At least Mullo, seemingly, has responded well instead of kicking up a shit storm which I would expect from plenty at the club.

Good stuff.

Brown installing the right culture; this side has lacked true discipline for...well forever. At least Mullo, seemingly, has responded well instead of kicking up a shit storm which I would expect from plenty at the club.

Yep, never before would you have seen the most senior player in our team who has played the most game for our team dropped for having a few beers at a Christmas party.

Seems that all he did was go against doctors orders and is paying the price. Brown has set the standard now if Mullen can be dropped anyone can be dropped.

Brown is going to take this club places as long as our board don't f### things up and get impatient. I can see us in the 8 by the time his new deal is due. Noone should be surprised by Brown demoting Mullen. He benched the captain of St Helens and ex England fullback, Paul Wellens, in his first year there because he had better talent coming through.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
The only surprise is the fact it's taken till now for a coach at Newcastle to have a set and act like a coach.

Not even Bennett came to close to this bloke for discipline. He is on par with Bellyache and Madge for no excuses tolerated. Only a glass jaw player cannot see that coaches like this will make you the best you can ever hope to be as long as you are willing to put extra in. The fact that Mullo has stated he thought he did nothing wrong and was a bit surprised to get a kick in the arse says plenty about the piss poor culture Browny will eradicate. No ego from Browny. Just perfect player management. He is setting up exactly the sort of structure in a club a player of quality looks for. A culture where everyone pulls their weight or gets the flick. Ask Blake Ferguson. He is a totally different person now.

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Rochow's 6 games last year were better than than Tariq's 19. I thought he was very disappointing with the expectations I had for him.
Ok in attack with a low workrate and terrible at times defensively. No way should he be a guarenteed starter based on what he did in 2015.

No arguments here. I hate to say it, but tariq reminded me a bit of houseton last season. Done get me wrong, his defence had a lot more aggression than house, but their attack wasn't too dissimilar. There was plenty of times that the Knights had momentum and tariq broke down the play with a simple hit up. I really want to see some offloads and second phase play in 2016 from him.

Noname36

First Grade
Yes good signs from Brown, but lets remember this is a trial. Carrying on with the same hard line when results are actually in the balance is another thing entirely. Stone was taking the hard line with them at this stage too. I hope he does similar things during the actual season because we have an awful lot of players that need a massive kick up the arse.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Yes good signs from Brown, but lets remember this is a trial. Carrying on with the same hard line when results are actually in the balance is another thing entirely. Stone was taking the hard line with them at this stage too. I hope he does similar things during the actual season because we have an awful lot of players that need a massive kick up the arse.

He was?

I remember some talk about Leilua being dropped due to attitude and weight issues but we all know that never actually happened. Cant think of a single thing outside of that in the Stone era

Knight Vision

First Grade
He was?

I remember some talk about Leilua being dropped due to attitude and weight issues but we all know that never actually happened. Cant think of a single thing outside of that in the Stone era
Exactly- the lack of discipline was ( in my opinion ) a major contributing factor the Stones demise.

Noname36

First Grade
He was?

Yes. We were getting all these articles saying how Stone was going hard on the boys at training and we here were all excited thinking they were getting a much needed boot up the arse.

Plus like you BJ was put on notice.

They obviously weren't getting a proper sustained boot though - hopefully now they are but I'm not going to make statements liking Brown to disciplinarians like Bellamy just yet. Let's wait and see what his balls are like when real results hang in the balance. That's always the test for a coach. Talking about dropping a player for a trial means nothing as history would suggest.

I have a really good feeling about Brown too but let's not get carried away yet.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Time will tell. There's plenty who are touted as future stars and end up .................. in I Bleed Maroon's memory. Never heard of.