What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2016

Yosh

Coach
I'm always worried about injuries with older players... He has had some recently right?

Spot On

Coach
Realistically looking at that side we need a gun prop and fullback to win the comp. We won't win the comp this year, but I think we'll surprise some people. If we buy smart for 2016 I am of the belief we can deadset win it next year.

James Roberts is a gun and perhaps his older cuz Tyrone can convince Newy is a great place to live.
That'd be our fullback problem covered.
Then throw the bank at all of Thaiday, Burgess, Myles, Manu, Gallen, Hannant and hope one of them signs to play prop.

Wouldn't feed any of these other than Burgess and maybe Nate Myles. Love the Gall but he's coming to the end.

League_God

Juniors
Wouldn't feed any of these other than Burgess and maybe Nate Myles. Love the Gall but he's coming to the end.

As I said in previous post, I believe that 2016 could genuinely be our year we go all the way.
All we need is an old hardheaded forward with the experience to guide our young pack around.
Gal would be perfect. Offer him 2 years with the option of retiring at the end of 2016.

Jono078

Referee
So now it looks like Gidley and Joey Leilua will be leaving us, what do you want to see?

I'm kind of conflicted with what backline i'd like to see.

Either;

1 Ross/Mamo - Big fan of Ross, breaks so many tackles and is deceptively elusive
2 McManus
3 Gagai
4 S Mata'utia
5 Uate

or

1 Gagai
2 Mamo / C Mata'utia
3 McManus
4 S Mata'utia
5 Uate

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Based on some players off contract this year.

1. Mamo
2. McManus
3. Gagai
4. Sione
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Cornish/Lamb
8. Snowden
9. Clydsdale
10. K Sims
11. Rochow
12. T Sims
13. Smith

14. Levi
15. Tapine
16. Vete
17. M Cooper

Zoidberg

First Grade
And are we happy about this? He can be so damaging but he is so dumb and makes so many mistakes.

perverse

Referee
Not as unhappy as I would have been to lose Gagai or Sione. BJ can definitely be damaging, but yeah... one of the most stupid players in the comp for sure.

Whats Doing

Bench
Whilst still contracted to the Broncs next year, i would be asking the question of Ash Taylor. Played brilliantly for the junior kangaroos and will be stuck behind Hunt, Milford and the Nikorima brothers.

On $100k a year with the Broncs so with a possible opening at half, I would say he would jump at the chance and would come cheaply.

Has good organisational skills, has a good kicking game and has speed to burn as evidence by his 2 try saving tackles against the kiwis

Zoidberg

First Grade
They talked about him with Kev Walters on NRL360 last week, seems like Kev thinks he's the goods too. Sounds like someone we should chase...but won't.

Yosh

Coach
I'm slowly losing hope in the club... I doubt the club will sign someone the fans want...

Joker's Wild

Coach
I certainly wanted Tariq Sims here and they did that

I think certain fans wont be happy until SBW signs with us ;-)

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't expect superstars but just abit more activity in the market to sure up our weaknesses. You look at a team like Penrith with more juniors coming through than most teams including us but have still made shrewd signings, guys like Segayaro, Tyrone Peachey, Jeremy Latimore, Elijah Taylor, etc.

Whats Doing

Bench
Agree totally Aqua. We cannot rely totally on juniors.

Unless there is some connection with Newcastle, we appear to be totally oblivious to talent that is out there. Even Tariq had the connection with his brother.

Noname36

First Grade
Just on BJ, I don't think he's going anywhere. I reckon his manager is just using the clause in his contract to try and get him an upgrade from the Knights...which I'm sure the incompetent management will give him...

Latest posts