What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2016

slotmachine

First Grade
Eels fans don't rate him. He was dropped to NSW cup for terrible form, then got himself suspended for a month.

aqua_duck

Coach
Shillington would be just another band aid solution. We have to look ourselves in the mirror and be realistic, we're not going to be contenders next year and need to rebuild completely, sign players who will contribute in 2,3,4 years not 32-33 year olds with 1, maybe 2 years left in them if that

macavity

Referee
Isn't that what under 20s is for? We have some decent forwards there. We just have nothing to get us through until they are ready.

A signing like Shillington is about teaching these guys professionalism. He has played at a professional club (the Roosters) and has played for his state and country. We could do worse, even if he isn't much better than the likes of Faalongo.

Swarzey

Bench
Taupau comes off contract next season. Get in early, throw as much as possible.

Far from a band aid solution, plenty of aggression, carts the ball up better than anyone else we've got.

slotmachine

First Grade
forwards aren't really the problem, they rolled the kiwis today

a spine player with the ability to direct the team is. but stone is all in on roberts for reasons that remain unclear

aqua_duck

Coach
Isn't that what under 20s is for? We have some decent forwards there. We just have nothing to get us through until they are ready.

A signing like Shillington is about teaching these guys professionalism. He has played at a professional club (the Roosters) and has played for his state and country. We could do worse, even if he isn't much better than the likes of Faalongo.

To me it's not about signing 18-19 year olds, I'm more talking about 22-25 year olds who are maybe stuck behind a few players at other clubs similar to how we signed guys like Zeb Taia, Cooper Vuna, Junior Sau, etc. Guys like Martin Taupau, James Tamou, Aidan Guerra, Daniel Tupou, Josh Mansour, Peta Hiku were all no names at one stage who got snapped up on the cheap and became test players

Frederick

Staff member
I wouldn't mind if stockwell had first crack at lock next year. He was outstanding today

aqua_duck

Coach
I wouldn't mind if stockwell had first crack at lock next year. He was outstanding today

Stockwell is the type of player we should be targetting more. Young bloke who couldn't get a run elsewhere but has been good for us and has his best years in front of him

Frederick

Staff member
Stockwell is the type of player we should be targetting more. Young bloke who couldn't get a run elsewhere but has been good for us and has his best years in front of him

Agreed. However I also agree that Shillington would be an astute purchase to help mentor the younger players. Would be reminiscent of when Craig smith played for us.

For the right price, of course. I don't want us throwing stupid money at a 30+ ex rep forward.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Will Mathews from the Dragons would be another gem I'd be looking at. Isn't able to get a regular starting spot currently and off contract I think as well.

A really good edge runner as well which could be a nice bargain to replace Scott

Last edited:

Latest posts