What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Against Sharks

40Twenty

Juniors
Beau Scott better kick ass this week, not like he is lining up against world class centres!!!

If he has another poor game price must act!

i agree.....

Our whole backrow has been a so ordinary so far this yr...young,prior,scott and creagh have been terrible this year. what has happened to creagh, he never breaks the line no footwork at all and never offloads very frustrating.?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I give up... is pricey watching the same game as us??. cant he f***n see that scott is useless in the centers and is doing more harm then good... throw him back in the fowards and give greene or kemp a chance!!!

Totally agree and so does probably 95% of Dragons fans. What game is he watching? When did Beau have a good game at centre? I must have missed that game.

smacky

Juniors
St George Illawarra skipper Ben Hornby says the Dragons have to ensure their bad patches don't become horrendous ones if they are to be a force in this year's NRL competition.

While the Dragons are entrenched in the top eight with three impressive wins, they have been let down in a big way by a pair of uncharacteristically-poor halves of football.

The first was against Canterbury in round two when they conceded three first-half tries and then again last Friday against Brisbane when the Broncos raced in four unanswered tries in the opening period.

On both occasions, the slumps have proved terminal to their chances of winning the game, despite a brave fightback against the Broncos reducing the final winning margin to eight points.

"You've got to try and stop it at six or 12 points and not blow out that far," Hornby said of the lapses.

"That's something we've talked about and trying to rectify.

"We've come up with two of those bad performances now - we're hopeful that's the end of it.

"We've just got to start the game better. If you drop that much ball, you're not going to win any games."

Despite being named in the centres, Beau Scott looks like lining up in the second row against Cronulla on Saturday night, with Matt Prior having spent much of Wednesday's training run in Wollongong at left centre.

http://nrl.com/dragons-out-to-contain-bad-nrl-patches/tabid/10874/newsid/66695/default.aspx

Please no.

Elias1983

Coach
St George Illawarra skipper Ben Hornby says the Dragons have to ensure their bad patches don't become horrendous ones if they are to be a force in this year's NRL competition.

While the Dragons are entrenched in the top eight with three impressive wins, they have been let down in a big way by a pair of uncharacteristically-poor halves of football.

The first was against Canterbury in round two when they conceded three first-half tries and then again last Friday against Brisbane when the Broncos raced in four unanswered tries in the opening period.

On both occasions, the slumps have proved terminal to their chances of winning the game, despite a brave fightback against the Broncos reducing the final winning margin to eight points.

"You've got to try and stop it at six or 12 points and not blow out that far," Hornby said of the lapses.

"That's something we've talked about and trying to rectify.

"We've come up with two of those bad performances now - we're hopeful that's the end of it.

"We've just got to start the game better. If you drop that much ball, you're not going to win any games."

Despite being named in the centres, Beau Scott looks like lining up in the second row against Cronulla on Saturday night, with Matt Prior having spent much of Wednesday's training run in Wollongong at left centre.

http://nrl.com/dragons-out-to-contain-bad-nrl-patches/tabid/10874/newsid/66695/default.aspx

Please no.

f**k no!!!!

But it's a good thing they are focusing on defence because I think it will be a low scoring match, if we score more than 18 points thenthey won't beat us.

Changaman

Juniors
The problem is that "Prior" and "ball handling skills" don't go together. Is there any other player who consistenly drops the ball as much and with the same regularity?

siknick

Juniors
why did we ever buy kemp if were not going to use him??

Its simple, we have an injury (coops) so do a little re-shuffling (i.e Vidot centres and kemp on the wing) and give a player who plays on the flanks a go, his played first grade before and knows what he needs to do.!!! its not rocket science... F**ck scott and prior back to the fowards where they play THERE BEST FOOTY....

If pricey's got a theory better then that, i'd like to hear it from him!!

st.phil

Bench
I give up... is pricey watching the same game as us??. cant he f***n see that scott is useless in the centers and is doing more harm then good... throw him back in the fowards and give greene or kemp a chance!!!

I too give up...once and for goddam all...BEAU SCOTT DID NOT PLAY IN THE CENTRES AGAINST THE BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

st.phil

Bench
why did we ever buy kemp if were not going to use him??

Its simple, we have an injury (coops) so do a little re-shuffling (i.e Vidot centres and kemp on the wing) and give a player who plays on the flanks a go, his played first grade before and knows what he needs to do.!!! its not rocket science... F**ck scott and prior back to the fowards where they play THERE BEST FOOTY....

If pricey's got a theory better then that, i'd like to hear it from him!!

Green would come in before Kemp - Vidot aint a centres bootlace...keep it simple for him and he'll do alright - he's just getting the hang out on left wing and you wanna put him in the centres? Yeah...it's Price that has no idea...:shock:

Cagey Mac

Bench
Green would come in before Kemp - Vidot aint a centres bootlace...keep it simple for him and he'll do alright - he's just getting the hang out on left wing and you wanna put him in the centres? Yeah...it's Price that has no idea...:shock:
With respect I'm wondering where you're getting your Vidot research from.
He's listed as a wing, centre or fullback and apparently says he wants to play centre or fullback. The Merc. has Dell quoted today as saying he's the fastest in the team over 40 metres.
He's dropped a couple of balls but he's not Robinson Crusoe there.
He must have been tried defensively at centre at training maybe?

siknick

Juniors

Firstly vidot can and has played center before, so get ur facts right..! And secondly your missing the point, FOWARDS (who ever it might be scott prior or anyone else)shouldn't be playing as centers full stop.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Cooper is out. I thought he'd play but confirmation today he's out.

I think Scott is the right option at the moment to fill in for copper. I don't think we can start experimenting now.

Ball control is key. We hold the ball, we'll win and Scott is the centers is good selection.
We drop the ball in our own half as much as last week then we're cactus.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Firstly vidot can and has played center before, so get ur facts right..! And secondly your missing the point, FOWARDS (who ever it might be scott prior or anyone else)shouldn't be playing as centers full stop.

Can you name me a game where Vidot has played left centre in first grade? Because, Vidot was always a right side player, and had major issues with being moved to the left last year... If he did play centre, It was probably at right centre? I just can't recall him playing left centre before.

Fingerbang

Bench
Cooper is out. I thought he'd play but confirmation today he's out.

I think Scott is the right option at the moment to fill in for copper. I don't think we can start experimenting now.

Ball control is key. We hold the ball, we'll win and Scott is the centers is good selection.
We drop the ball in our own half as much as last week then we're cactus.
Scott may have been named as Coopers replacement, but he won't play left centre. He has only ever played centre on the right side. If he does play centre against the Sharks, Kyle will move to the left....otherwise, Scott will play backrow and Prior will play left centre, as they did last week.

Mr Red

First Grade
Prior or Scott in the centres...
plodders Latimore and Ah Mau on the bench again...

the DICE PRICE banner is underway....

surely Green needs to be in the centres... hell is Bronx Goodwin fit? what about Denan Kemp?
and we MUST have better bench options then Latimore and Ah Mau...
win or lose against the gummies that bench rotation needs a major revamp...
Miller must get a chance when fit and i would also be looking at Will Matthews getting a crack...

Elias1983

Coach
Prior or Scott in the centres...
plodders Latimore and Ah Mau on the bench again...

the DICE PRICE banner is underway....

surely Green needs to be in the centres... hell is Bronx Goodwin fit? what about Denan Kemp?
and we MUST have better bench options then Latimore and Ah Mau...
win or lose against the gummies that bench rotation needs a major revamp...
Miller must get a chance when fit and i would also be looking at Will Matthews getting a crack...

Relax, not just yet on the dice price banner.

keep in mind it's only round 5, if they are struggling at around round 10-12 then we start to worry.

What if bronx goodwin is just not playing at the moment? Denan kemp has been out league for about 18 months hasn't he?

I agree with on Green, can't see why he's not there...

Godz Illa

Coach
Latimore has been pretty good all year I think, and Ah Mau has also. Big guys who keep the roll-on going. That's what you want from bench props isn't it?

The NSW Cup side got hammered on the weekend 48-6 or something - seems unlikely any of those players are pressing for selection. Miller is injured, I think Matthews is as well. I saw Kemp play last week v Wests, did nothing. Marketo, Gower and Stockwell were the best in that game. But it may have all gone south last week.

giboz71

First Grade
I just don’t see a back row rotation of Scott, Prior, Young and Creagh worrying the better forward packs in the comp. De Belin has been great but is still a rookie and will take time to develop.
Take last week, Gillette, Te’o and Glenn were all outstanding and consistently asked questions of the defence. What about this week? Gallen is in career best form, Bukuya is an animal and Jeremy Smith will be as advertised. I just don’t see our back row being able to compete. The Tigers have the same problems in the forwards as us, and it’s why they have been struggling.
Not sure what the options are, given injuries and form. But I have serious concerns this week that Cronulla will roll all over us. Hope I’m wrong.

Father Ted

First Grade
So long as our props get us space the backs should do the job against one of the slower backlines in the NRL. Cronulla have one the best backrows in the game on paper but ours aint all that bad either it will compete.

Latest posts