What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Cowboys game - Walsh dropped, Austin in.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
1. Dean WHARE, 2. Josh MANSOUR, 3. Wes NAIQAMA, 4. Brad TIGHE, 5. David SIMMONS, 6. Tom HUMBLE, 7. Blake AUSTIN, 8. Sam McKENDRY, 9. Kevin KINGSTON (c), 10. Nigel PLUM, 11. Sika MANU, 12. Lewis BROWN, 13. Cameron CIRALDO.INTERCHANGE; 14. Adam DOCKER, 15. Tim GRANT, 16. James SEGEYARO, 17. Clint NEWTON

I reckon Segeyaro will be even better this week against the Cows, his old team. He is easily buy of the year so far for us.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
While its not perfect, seeing Austin force Walsh out of the side makes me happy. Just need Whare to replace Wes at centre, and for Moylan to come in at fullback :) then for Roberts to return from injury.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't blame Walsh & Smith entirely for the loss. Our team still looks shit. So my concern is we get smashed & Walsh back in next week. Naiqama, Ciraldo out & another prop on the bench is other changes needed.

betcats

Referee
Im just happy Cleary is prepared to change it up, Dropping your regular halfback of the last 3 or so seasons is a big move. I think if Walsh comes back it will be because he earned it, or Blake didnt do enough to keep it. I think Blake should be well served by his time at Windsor and hopefully grabs this chance with both hands.

marty65

Juniors
Hallelua!....:D.

Couple of weeks late. But better late than never I guess.
Tough intro for Austin coming up though. JT and fired up
Cowboys up in Townsville.

mxlegend99

Referee
Anyone else worried that if we don't win with Austin having a man of the match performance, that Luke Walsh will be recalled immediately and not even considered for axing again?

There's also the chance that Walsh gets recalled on game day like Coote did last season after being "dropped for disciplinary reasons". I'm hoping that Austin and Humble both carve up and that it's impossible to justify dropping either of them. Although I could still see Cleary just moving Austin to lock so that Walsh can keep his spot.

chrisD

Coach
The press conference has me wondering if it's not some mind games, like with Jennings, drop him and come out publicly and state disappointment in his form or attitude, trying to get a response from him on field. I hope not.

Randy81

Juniors
Anyone else worried that if we don't win with Austin having a man of the match performance, that Luke Walsh will be recalled immediately and not even considered for axing again?

There's also the chance that Walsh gets recalled on game day like Coote did last season after being "dropped for disciplinary reasons". I'm hoping that Austin and Humble both carve up and that it's impossible to justify dropping either of them. Although I could still see Cleary just moving Austin to lock so that Walsh can keep his spot.

Yes that is my worry. Based on Gus' article tomorrow it seems like one big cuddle for Walsh. I am just hoping Austin smashes it and maintains a position in fg. Whether it be lock 5/8 or 1/2 he has something special.

meek

Juniors
The press conference has me wondering if it's not some mind games, like with Jennings, drop him and come out publicly and state disappointment in his form or attitude, trying to get a response from him on field. I hope not.

I hope your wrong - Walsh has had more chances than i care to remember -

That will do me if thats the case -

Panthers will hit a new low - if thats possible after the Teachers pet winger come second rower of past seasons under wonder coach Matt Elliot