What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for next week?

Big Mick

Referee
what would u do?

My team for this week...which includes Rooney and Puletua but not Gower and Lewis:

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Nick Youngquest - Did well enough to secure his spot
3. Danny Galea
4. Junior Moors - I know everyone will say "great...another secondrower". But just think about it. What a better way to introduce him to FG. He wont get involved heaps...he can make an impact when he wants to...he has pace, size and agility...why not give him a crack. He is our Sonny Bill...may as well give him a crack at centres..he's been playing well in Reggies. If it fails...it fails...but I wouldn't mind seeing it.
5. Luke Rooney
6. Craig Trindell - from all reports ripped up in PL...he might go alright...never know.
7. Preston Campbell
8. Joel Clinton
9. Luke Priddis
10. Matthew Cross
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Shane Rodney

14. Frank Puletua
15. Craig Stapleton
16. Tony Puletua - ease him back...i think it was 03 the last time he strung 5 games in a row.
17. Paul Aiton - deserves to retain his spot as an impact player. Put Priddis at lock in the scrums and defence...but Aiton coming on will add another dimension to our attack and a bit of variety. To win competitions in this age...dummy half running is crucial. Sharks did it last night, Tigers and Cowboys did it last year with Halatau and Faiumu...its time we caught on.

if that side is not named...wouldn't mind this side either:
1. Brett Howland, 2. Nick Youngquest, 3. Danny Galea, 4. Rhys Wesser, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Craig Trindell, 7. Preston Campbell, 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Matthew Cross, 11. Shane Rodney, 12. Frank Pritchard, 13. Trent Waterhouse
RES: 14. Frank Puletua, 15. Craig Stapleton, 16. Junior Moors, 17. Paul Aiton

choc_soldier

Coach
The first team is way too experimental... but the second team sounds more feasible.

Let's wait and see - either way, something needs to be done, considering we are playing the Cowboys.

Munky

Coach
I've got to say Norrie has been very dissapointing.

If he doesn't improve I'd be punting him from first grade and take a gamble on Alex Ranieri who really impressed last night.

cainen

Juniors
1. Howland
2. Wesser
3. Galea
4. Newton
5. Rooney
6. Trindall
7. Campbell
8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. Cross
11. Waterhouse
12. Pritchard
13. Rodney

14. Puletua
15. Stapleton
16. Moors
17. Aiton

But we'll have the same tired old team as always except for those who are injured.

flash

Juniors
cainen said:
1. Howland
2. Wesser
3. Galea
4. Newton
5. Rooney
6. Trindall
7. Campbell
8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. Cross
11. Waterhouse
12. Pritchard
13. Rodney

14. Puletua
15. Stapleton
16. Moors
17. Aiton

But we'll have the same tired old team as always except for those who are injured.

I didnt even realise Craig Trindall was playing for us this year. Ive seen a bit of him last few years at grade level, hmmm he must have improved to be in PL as he was average back then.

Big Mick

Referee
Munky said:
I've got to say Norrie has been very dissapointing.

If he doesn't improve I'd be punting him from first grade and take a gamble on Alex Ranieri who really impressed last night.

umm...I don't think he can help that he got an ankle injury on his second touch of the game....

apart from that...he played well against Brisbane I thought...one of the only few. He hit the line hard and tackled well.

Panthers_God

Juniors
1. Rhys Wesser
2. Brett Howland
3. Danny Galea
4. Chris Newton
5. Luke Rooney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Luke Priddis
8. Joel Clinton
9. Paul Aiton
10. Matthew Cross
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Shane Rodney

14. Frank Puletua
15. Craig Stapleton
16. Luke Swain
17. Junior Moors

cainen

Juniors
I like Howland at fullback because he is an experienced senior player and likes to organise things. Towards the end of last year he was getting players to plug holes in the defensive line and I thought it had a lot to do with our success in that period.

Fibroman

First Grade
1. Wesser
2. Rooney
3. Ohalloran
4. Newton (good opportunity to give him a go)
5. Youngquest
6. Priddis
7. Campbell
8. Clinton
9. Aiton
10.Stapleton
11.Cross
12.Pritchard
13.Rodney

14. Puletua
15. Waterhouse
16. Swain
17. Galea

yes that's right! Priddis at 5/8 to stiffen the defence up a bit, and he has got good hands and a good passing game. I believe he is the best option at the moment. Preston is more effective at first receiver.

Bob

Juniors
1. Wesser
2. Rooney
3. Blair
4. Newton
5. Youngquest
6. Trindal
7. Gower
8. Thompson
9. Priddis
10.Stapleton
11.Cross
12.Pritchard
13.Rodney

14. Puletua
15. Waterhouse
16. Galea
17. Aiton

Preston To P.L replace him with Trindal as I thought he played great last night in P.L. Thompson for his enthusiasm on the field. Newton played well last night as did Blair and I think both won't let us down.
Howland I don't want anywhere near 1st grade as he offers nothing. Mitchell Smith who was called up from Flegg to replace Youngquest has more enthusiasm.

Munky

Coach
Howland has been brilliant for us whenever he has played first grade.

I would even say that at the end of last year he was doing a better job at fullback than Wesser

choc_soldier

Coach
So it's agreed that Howland should make a return ASAP. I'm in the "yes" camp too.

1. Wesser
2. Howland / Youngquest
3. Newton
4. Lewis
5. Rooney
6. Campbell / Trindall
7. Gower / Campbell
8. Stapleton
9. Priddis
10. Clinton
11. T. Puletua
12. Waterhouse
13. Rodney

14. Pritchard
15. Cross
16. Galea (firmly believe his utility value is better used on the bench)
17. Aiton

Bob

Juniors
Sorry guys but as for Howland I'm in the No category. He had an absolute shocker last night. I was sitting near the 10m line in the western terrace and Cronulla scored 2 tries in his corner. We have a winger in 1st grade that can't tackle we don't need to replace him with another winger who can't tackle.

Munky

Coach
Howland probably isn't fully fit so I'd give him another week or two in premier league and see if he improves.

Does anyone else think that Preston should no longer be a certain starter in first grade? I just think he no longer has the spark and his defence seems to be getting worse. He isn't going to be here next year so it's not like we'd be having a long term contracted player in reserves.

Fibroman

First Grade
Seems the general consensus is that Hookey needs a rest in PL.

I also agree with Parra Panther in that Galea has good value on the bench.

Maybe we need to source a centre three quarter from the local A grade ranks ala Trent Waterhouse?

King Panther

Juniors
1.Wesser
2.Howland
3.Gordon
4.Youngquest
5.Hookey
6.Wallace
7.Campbell
8.Clinton
9.Priddis
10.Cross
11.Waterhouse
12.T.Puletua
13.Rodney
14.Stapleton
15.Aiton
16.Pritchard
17.Moors

Wat happened to wallace?? wasnt he set to replace Campbell next year? and am i the only one who thinks Gordon played well on friday? i think he is a very promising youngster and importantly solid in defence.I dont care if he's "not ready" for first grade we hav to try something other than Galea. Aiton should come off the bench for impact with priddis moving to lock

King Panther

Juniors
Munky said:
Does anyone else think that Preston should no longer be a certain starter in first grade? I just think he no longer has the spark and his defence seems to be getting worse. He isn't going to be here next year so it's not like we'd be having a long term contracted player in reserves.
Wat? i see where your coming from but Campbell is an awesome player man, we need to use him while we still can.

cainen

Juniors
Wallace did his knee last week and is probably out for the season. Extremely unlucky.

Latest posts