What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for next week?

Munky

Coach
King Panther said:
Wat? i see where your coming from but Campbell is an awesome player man, we need to use him while we still can.

He was an awesome player but he hasn't shown it at all bar 40 minutes vs Parra.

It he continues his present form he is too big a liability in defence to keep in firsts.

Munky

Coach
King Panther said:
oh ok well who should play 5/8 on the weekend coz priddis is not a halfback

Craig Trindall carved up in reserves on the weekend.

I'd give him a shot if Preston doesn't improve after round 10 against Souths.

*Sandy*

First Grade
If Gower is still out for next weekend and Lewis is in, I would go to the formula that won at Parra. Preston 7, Lewis 6, Priddis 9.

Big Mick

Referee
King Panther said:
1.Wesser
2.Howland
3.Gordon
4.Youngquest
5.Hookey
6.Wallace
7.Campbell
8.Clinton
9.Priddis
10.Cross
11.Waterhouse
12.T.Puletua
13.Rodney
14.Stapleton
15.Aiton
16.Pritchard
17.Moors

Wat happened to wallace?? wasnt he set to replace Campbell next year? and am i the only one who thinks Gordon played well on friday? i think he is a very promising youngster and importantly solid in defence.I dont care if he's "not ready" for first grade we hav to try something other than Galea. Aiton should come off the bench for impact with priddis moving to lock

Sorry...but thank god your not picking the team this week....that backline is the biggest pack of turnstiles... Especially when Wallace or Campbell are not noted defenders either.

Yeah Gordon did ok...but I didn't see him make a tackle till the 36th minute...and didn't see him touch the ball till the 43rd. If he wants to play first grade he needs to get more involved in the play not just go through the motions.

But Gordon/Youngquest centres would offer nothing imo. Both are wingers when at their best and having that is just not sound defensively. Youngquest isn't a bad defender but thats because he's not asked to make many tackles. Howland has improved out of sight in recent years in his defence and Hookey has the defence of a wet lettuce leaf.

You need Galea in that backline I reckon, his defence, particularly in the absence of Luke Lewis is invaluable.

King Panther

Juniors
Dude our defense is crap any way. may as well get some bloody speed in the centres! we hav to take risks to beat nth qld not pick some boring defense team that will get shat on anyway!

griffo346

First Grade
1. Howland
2. Youngquest
3. Wesser
4. Lewis
5. Rooney
6. Trindall
7. Campbell
8. Stapleton
9. Priddis
10. Clinton
11. T. Puletua
12. Cross
13. Rodney

14. Pritchard
15. Waterhouse
16. Galea
17. Aiton

NK Arsenal

Juniors
1. Wesser
2. Howland
3. O'Halloran
4. Lewis
5. Rooney
6. Campbell
7. Gower
8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. Stapleton
11. T. Puletua
12. Rodney
13. Waterhouse

14. Pritchard
15. Cross
16. Galea
17. Aiton

Big Mick

Referee
Just to put a bit more credability into Youngquest vs hookey.

Here's stats from Cronulla's match:

Youngqquest - 14 hitups, 128 metres. 3 tackles 1 missed.
Hookey - 11 runs, 72 metres, 6 tackles, 4 missed.

Pretty easy decision imo.

cainen

Juniors
I'm told that Youngquest can't play on the right wing. Not sure how true that is.

With any luck Howland will replace Hookey.

Munky

Coach
cainen said:
I'm told that Youngquest can't play on the right wing. Not sure how true that is.

How does that work?

A centre I can understand if they can't pass left to right but a winger?

Kilkenny

Coach
Dead set some so called supporters are having a lend of themselves and are seriously delusional.

Did someone seriously pick Junior Moors in the centre position.

Did someone seriously pick Craig Trindall as 5/8.

Get a grip.

The side JL picks each week is the best available despite the armchair critics whom I might add seem to NOT actually attend any games LIVE.

If your gonna bag the boys at least pay your money and be there home and away, support the 17 selected on the day.

This is a thinly wailed shot at a supposed supporter. He'll no who he is?

Big Mick

Referee
Mate...I can't go to Home games because I live too far away. When they come around my area I always go to the games....your calling me delusional and a "so called" supporter...f**k mate...I think its you that needs to get a grip of reality.

I picked Junior at centre cause he has played there previously and done quite well if you want to do your research. It will also ease him into grade before taking the step into the forwards, something the Dogs SHOULD have done with Sonny Bill and are just realising now.

Trindall...yeah i'll give you that. I only heard reports on how he was playing, but i'd rather Preston play half if Gower was still injured and Priddis do what he does best.

But hey...Your entitlted to give it to me about my selections and thats fair enough, thats what this thread is all about, Getting the right mix of players and thats what Lang has done this week. However, what I wont tolerate is you questioning me as a supporter of this club.

The definition of a supporter is not about money tosspot...its having a team running through your blood. I don't like going to Penrith and watching games when I pay for my fox subscription. But I DO go out and watch the juniors go around like SG Ball and Harold Matthews whenever I can because THAT is more important to me, because THAT is when football is pure.

You call me delusional and a supposed supporter and i'll call you [Edited - by PK - reason inappropriate abuse]

*Sandy*

First Grade
Mick, I am a season ticket holder and live 2 hours away...

and I won't have you abusing other fans when they question your posts and not abuse you in the process. Constructive criticism Mick - learn to take it or pull your head in.

Latest posts