What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Next Week

This Year?

Immortal
gregstar said:
too slow?!

are you telling me that if he saw a hole up the middle, he wouldn't be through it at the speed of light?!

plus his ball-handling skills would surely be better than the current bufoons.

Gold!

fresh_mayo

Juniors
In my opinion these are the only players that deserve a spot after todays performance, feel free to fill in the blanks. Anyone else left out i would seriously drop altogether. Make them play park footy and see how they like it since we don't have reserve grade anymore.

2.Nightingale (solid, did nothing wrong, can't blame this guy)
3.Gasnier (scored a good try, then didn't see him for the rest of the game, made some shocking defensive reads aswell)
4.Cooper (solid, can't really say he played well though)
5.Lett (give him go, trail form was good)
6.Chase (came on as dummy half and was rubbish, when playing at 6 late in the game looked the goods, must play there)
15.Reynoldson (effort was there, still dropped some ball though, bench spot again)
16.Setu (deserves a go, and no doubt will get one)
17.Stanley (see Reynoldson)

gorilla

First Grade
thommo4pm said:
Just about every attacking set on the Tigers line today went the wrong way completely.

Gaz did not touch the ball near the Tigers line after he scored, with the exception of late in the match when he had 3 blokes in front of him....and got taken out.
There were so many chances to give him clean early ball and he was one on one with his defender...we were in.

Gaz even wobbly-waved Morris inside but Morris just stayed on the line and Gaz got dumped.

Hanscholo

Bench
I wouldnt change that side, as bad as they were i still think its your best team. Changing it doesnt solve any of the key issues.

Godz Illa

Coach
1. Hornby
2. Nightingale
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Lett
6. Chase
7. Soward
8. Saffy
9. Ellis
10. Ryles
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Stanley

14. Young
15. Reynoldson
16. Hunt
17. Setu

The Preacher

First Grade
gregstar said:
1. worzal gummidge
2. barry mackenzie
3. kamahl
4. roger whittaker
5. catweasel
6. hall
7. oates
8. snuffleuffagus
9. carsen
10. barry white
11. dick emery
12. colonel sanders
13. gregstar

14. herbert birdsfoot
15. alxander bunyip
16. banana split #3
17. a squashed, half-eaten sultana

I'd like to substitute "Bear in the Big Blue House" for Barry White, he moves a lot better, and more often.

Ribs

Bench
I think blokes like Jason Ryles and Justin Poore would learn a f'kn lot playing in the Wollongong Carlton league for a week.

If he doesnt put Hornby back at fullback this week, that will be it for me. Ive stuck by Brown for 5 years but yesterday knocked that house of cards down in a horrible mess.

1. Hornby
2. Nightingale
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Morris (either one, to be decided by a bomb catching comp at training ffs)
6. Chase
7. Soward
8. Reynoldson
9. Ellis
10. Ryles
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Young

14. Hunt
15. Stanley
16. Saffy
17. Setu

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You talk of changes but how did the non top 17 go for the Dapto Canaries?

Seriously who played where (non top 17) and how did they go?

Godz Illa

Coach
No idea, unfortunately I can't get to all the Illawarra League games and I wonder how the coaching staff will manage it.

Lett was a standout in both trials and is in better form than Brett Morris. Setu was good in one trial and good yesterday in the U20's. Hunt is better than Poore.

Cagey Mac

Bench
1. Hornby (can catch a ball)
2. Nightingale (can catch a ball)
3. Cooper (why not switch them; we’re most vulnerable down our right and Coops is a better defender and our halves can only pass right to left so at least Gaz will get a look at the ball)
4. Gasnier
5. Lett (can catch a ball)
6. Chase (passes runs toward Gaz when playing at 5/8)
7. Soward (Didn’t do that much wrong comparatively, went the wrong way a lot though, try-saving tackle on Tagive was gold for little man on big bloke
8. Reynoldson
9. Ellis
10. Ryles
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Young
14. Hunt
15. Stanley
16. Saffy
17. Setu

The Morris Boys have a habit of going for the ball with hard hands, where timing has to be exact. Good catchers let the ball come to them even when going for aerial takes and envelope the ball. Their play was woeful and they both deserve to be dropped. I think our problems started with poor dummy-half play and just got worse. It looked like school boy league and pretty low level at that

I’d say Browny has until the local derby to turn this sh*te around or he’s toast. Our only chance next week is if Bull can’t stand to see a bunch of old mates cry and forfeits at half time with a 50 point lead.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Godz Illa said:
No idea, unfortunately I can't get to all the Illawarra League games and I wonder how the coaching staff will manage it.

Lett was a standout in both trials and is in better form than Brett Morris. Setu was good in one trial and good yesterday in the U20's. Hunt is better than Poore.
Fair call, Godz.

That is the point, it is hard enough to get reports on NSW Cup sides and how potential first graders are going. What chance does your average Saints fan have.

I thought you guys looked fine in the shield , but yesterday, well, you saw it.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Mr Angry said:
I thought you guys looked fine in the shield , but yesterday, well, you saw it.

To be honest, so did I.

I just cannot understand what has happened from the trial form to now.

petetheileet

First Grade
I cant believe so many of you guys are still giving Ryles more chances....Poore was one of most consistent Forwards all last season and was so much better than Ryles Yesterday

Those Morris boys are still too nervous under the high ball...how many times have i said that in the past 12 months!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Brett Morris had a whole season off. He hasn't played an full NRL game since 2006. Give him a break. I would perhaps drop Josh and put Nightingale at Fullback and put Chase Stanley on the wing.

Keep Hornby at 5/8 for the first 20 and bring Rangi on later to run at the tiring defence.

Ribs

Bench
I dont know why people want Hornby in the halves......

Someone enlighten me as to when:

a) Hornby kicked into the ingoal for a repeat set?
b) Kicked a 40/20
c) Put someone through a hole

I cant remember any of those things happening. Hornby is a ball runner, not a distributor.

1. Hornby
6. Chase
7. Soward

I also think its a real shame that we havent got our first home game at ANZ this week. I think the number of people who would have made the effort to go watch them play after that would send a clear message to the club.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I think you'll probably find there will be a piss porr crowd at WIN in any case, Ribs.