What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Round 1 vs Dragons

RABK

Referee
It's a good side, and if we are able to name as strong a side every week we'll be well on our way to a top 4 finish.

Boyd, Gidley, Mullen and Buderus - this is exciting and i can't wait to see how they go.

RABK

Referee
Oh and Tahu will break Maddogs record only to have Uate break it with a 40 try season!

RABK

Referee
Have to laugh when you remember Tahu tried to decapitate McManus 2 years ago and now he'll be the one feeding him the ball.

jonno_knights

Juniors
What side has Uate and Mullen been trialling in? Wouldn't surprise me to see them on the left with Tahu, even if they were more on the other side last year...

Havent seen any of the trials, but Mullen's left-to-right is probably the best in the comp, so I'd say he'll be on the right. Suits his left boot too.

Boyd will be the playmaker on the left I'd say, if his dragons days are anything to go by. And Gidley will hopefully not have too many playmaking responsibilities, and just direct, and pop up when needed which suits his strengths, cause he is usually ordinary when he has to do too much playmaking.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Can't wait.

As always, really excited for the kick off to the season. This year more than ever as I can see us actually challenging the tops teams

Whats Doing

Bench
Good side although I would have gone for Tets instead of Eddy.

The good thing about this year is that we have real depth and will put on a competitive 17 on each week.

The reggies will be very hard to beat.

Cuthbertson is the x factor in the pack. If he gets his offload game right our second phase will be lethal when the Dragons commit numbers in the tackle.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Light light bench... The game is changing so you don't really need the heavy boppers in the middle no more in my opinion. You need fit mobile forwards who'll not only make yards but also be able to compete for the 80 minutes.

Jeez... Seeing the names on the team sheet still just isn't doing it for me.. I need to see Boyd and co run out in the red and blue!!!

I"M PHSYPFOIDJFSJKFPEIOR@!@ED!@!

aqua_duck

Coach
I imagine when everyone is fit our NSW cup side will look something like:

Mata'utia
Naiqama
Sau
Likiliki
Edwards
Stig
Roberts
Tetevano
Adams
Rochow
Mason
O'Donnell
Filipo

Cook
Sawene
Laurie
Williams

billy2

Juniors
Filipo was a big miss - he is on the verge of firstgrade ahead of most of those guys.
Schillings is probably right up there.
He is in the fulltime squad and played the whole game at lock in the trial.

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
I imagine when everyone is fit our NSW cup side will look something like:

Mata'utia
Naiqama
Sau
Likiliki
Edwards
Stig
Roberts
Tetevano
Adams
Rochow
Mason
O'Donnell
Filipo

Cook
Sawene
Laurie
Williams

Tremendous depth. 9 of those players have experienced top flight NRL. I expect our NSW Cup team will carve up this year. Sau will be particularly p*ssed and that can only help the team.

RABK

Referee
Well he is said to be that far out of favour he's been shopped around? I don't think it's a case of been dropped back to nsw cup to earn a FG jersey back.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Looks like our three grades are all in for a good season. Top four for all three grades perhaps?

As for that FG side, I like it. A lot. But I also think we're probably going to have to be a little patient with them if they don't get off to the rollicking start we're hoping for ...

Amazing team. So stoaked that this team has actually been picked on form rather than who is mates with who. Sau has been deservedly dropped.

The added pressure for positions is going to improve everyones performances.

Latest posts