What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for the Bulldogs game

macavity

Referee
Mullo isn't fit

not too sure Newto is either.

I think Quinny should be back.

Carmont is needed in PL - he has reverted back to his turnstyle ways and is carrying some sort of injury - well I hope that is the excuse for his form anyways.

whatever team is named, if we dont improve a million % we are going to get lapped again.

we need a real fullback for one - and if Hinton is what we have, then he is our man. We also need a 5/8 who is not a forward - a slow limited passing game player does not belong in the backline. ever. some sort of kicking game would help too.

Lowrie has been decent this year, but a 5/8 he certainly isn't. If we insist on playing Kurt at FB (worst idea in a long time, but hey...) then Tighe has to be in 6. He is quick, can pass, and can kick. If Tighe isn't in the 6 he should be in the centres. but hey, we know its not going to happen.

for mine,

1. Nathan Hinton
2. Brian Carney
3. Matt Gidley
4. Brad Tighe
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Craig Smith
11. Steve Simpson
12. Todd Lowrie
13. Kirk Reynoldson

14. Adam Woolnough
15. Daniel Tolar
16. Riley Brown
17. Luke Davico

assuming Quinn is fit and Newton / Mullen aren't. If they are they take the spots of Lowrie (to bench for Brown) and Kidley (to centre for Tighe) but it isn't going to happen. Mullo/Lowrie will be on the bench for Tolar, and Tanner will start at lock, lets not kid ourselves.

our team looks alot better with Simmo there. Newton would help too. but im bloody worried about this game, we look shocking atm.

chinorocks

Juniors
Lowrie should be in the side ahead of Tanner and Brown for sure. Brown is to small and will get monstered by the Bulldogs pack.

I'd pick

1. Hinton
2. Carney
3. Midley
4. Tighe
5. Quinn (Carmont if unavailiable)
6. Kidley
7. Joey
8. Perry
9. Bedsy
10. Smith
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Reynoldson

14. Bailey
15. Davico
16. Tolar
17. Lowrie

I don't think Abraham is ready for first grade just yet, thats why I haven't picked him. With match fitness he's definately in our best team, I'm just not sure he's back there yet.

I think Bailey adds as much as Brown as a utility player, and he looks a little bigger which gives him the nod.

Tanner has been poor for weeks, seems to be a favorite of Supercoach, only way I can justify his spot week in week out.

Woolnough drops out for Tolar out of neccesecity, Tolar has to come back (IMO) and one of the props has to drop off the bench. I don't agree with having 3 props on the bench and I don't think Woolnough is good in the backrow. Davico is improving each week so he gets the nod ahead of Wooly.

Tighe needs to be retained because we have been lacking spark in attack since Milton got hurt. Carmont is playing hurt and has been down on his early season form so providing Quinn is fit, we should give Carmont a spell.

Never seen Hinton play, but theres no way he could be worse than Kidley at fullback so get him in there.

Bicey_18

Bench
Hinton is an awesome young talent who continues to excel in Premier League each week... great positional player as well as support player.. great on his feet and wonderful under the high ball, a MUST in 1st grade. A ton better than Kidley.

With troops coming back eg Simmo, Newton, Quinn... and the absense of Tonga and Utai, i think we can hit back next weekend...

The bye is going to great for us and the boys will know this is a 4 point game... and will lift after a disappointing effort last week.

I agree with RABK... after the bye we will be a whole new and improved side like we were in the earlier rounds...all refreshed and raring to go, very hard 2 beat.

1. Nathan Hinton
2. Brian Carney
3. Matthew Gidley
4. George Carmont
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns
8. Craig Smith
9. Danny Buderus
10. Josh Perry
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Reegan Tanner

14. Luke Davico
15. Adam Woolnough
16. Riley Brown
17. Daniel Abraham

That side will beat the Dogs IMO....

Yosh

Coach
dont want to sound too harsh but why do you guys bother putting up a post for 'team for this week'? you guys should just put up 'last weeks team for this week' or something. we all know its not going to change. i wonder why he is still a coach. im sure there are at least a million people in Australia who would be a thousand times better then hagan. he is like a total moron...
oh well least we all know he is leaving at the end of the year before he does even more damage to the club.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Thank christ for that. Welcome back Simmo,Clint and Quinny!!! :D On the flip side of that, that means just about 100% guaranteed that Kidley will be fullback :(, Quinny on the wing and hopefully :pray: :pray: Tighe at five-eight.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yes Hinton was terrible, but every player in every sporting competition will have their off days. Friday night was Hinton's, but lets not hang him out to dry because of it. He's been sensational all year, so I think he's entitled to one ordinary performance. One cold day doesn't make a winter.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Expected Bulldogs lineup ;-)

Patten
El Masri
Williams
Maitua
Phelps
Holsworth
Sherwin
O'Meley
Hughes
Asotasi
Mason
Ryan
Grimaldi

Ngawini
Morrin
Armit
Myles

Yosh

Coach
does that mean carmont now has to face SBW? may the Gods of League have mercy on us.... its 2005 all over again

antonius

Coach
Yosh said:
does that mean carmont now has to face SBW? may the Gods of League have mercy on us.... its 2005 all over again
Defensively Carmont has been good this year, been good in attack as well. Who would we put there instead?

Jobdog said:
. He's been sensational all year, so I think he's entitled to one ordinary performance. .

It wasn't just Friday night, he has been ordinary all year. He was a fantastic player last year and in flegg but this year he is not in form what so ever.

Last year I could not of sung his praises any louder but this year he is pretty poor.

antonius

Coach
single_newy_chick said:
It wasn't just Friday night, he has been ordinary all year. He was a fantastic player last year and in flegg but this year he is not in form what so ever.

Last year I could not of sung his praises any louder but this year he is pretty poor.
The games I've seen Hinton play this year he has played as well as previous years. He is a future star of the game, I'd have him in the side at fullback instead of Kidley in the blink of an eye.

Latest posts