What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for the Gold Coast Titans trial named

Meth

Staff member
Fish on the wing.

Seriously, whats up with the numbers?

VODAFONE WARRIORS v GOLD COAST TITANS
Pizzey Park, Burleigh Heads
5.15pm, Saturday, February 09

VODAFONE WARRIORS
22 CARLOS TUIMAVAVE
2 GLEN FISIIAHI
3 DOMINIQUE PEYROUX
4 MALAKAI WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
26 NGANI LAUMAPE
6 PITA GODIENT
27 HARRY SIEJKA
8 STEVE RAPIRA (c)
25 ALEHANA MARA
10 SUAIA MATAGI
11 JOHN PALAVI
20 SAM LOUSI
13 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
Interchange:
14 ATELEA NAFETALAI
15 SIONE LOUSI
16 DAVID FUSITUA
17 AARON NOOTAI
18 NATHANIEL PETERU
21 SILIVA HAVILI
23 KONRAD HURRELL
24 SIO SIUA TAUKEIAHO
5 TRENT BISHOP
9 DAVID BHANA

spear tackle

Juniors
Maybe Bluey still has influence over the selection? I'd say that its a chance for all players to show what they can do rather than just a select few, as for the numbers? who knows, Trent Bishop in number 5? can't wait to see him steaming down the wing.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Early trial team, obviously intended to give the fringe players a chance to impress. Not really much more to say about it really.

Iafeta

Referee
A few things:

*Whats up with the crazy numbering?
*Fisiiahi on the wing, I'm looking forward to seeing that
*Most of the rest should be concerned they're in this team, as I reckon this is the fringeys/back ups at best.
*Am guessing with that in mind, maybe Hurrell, Sione Lousi and Mara are here this week because they need the extra run to be ready? Either that, or they're not considered core first grade... which, shudder, makes me think Ben Henry is in line perhaps for a centres role? Please god no.

Damarky

Juniors
Great to see GLEN FISIIAHI given the op to try and get the wing spot of Bill Tupou

Be good to see how SAM LOUSI goes starting in the second row hopefully hes in great shape and really FIT and picked up his speed!

Hopefully Coach told STEVE RAPIRA that he wants to only see him play prop this year so hes bulked up!!!

Cant wait to see if Los is on fire

And hopefully all the young cats step up and show they got it!!!

HARRY SIEJKA good luck and hopefully hes brings out the best in Shaun J

Cant bloody Wait I am excited for this to start gelling together

I am picking we will have a great year with all this hard work we should be fit enough lots of players know that if they drop the ball so to speak some one will be waiting to take their jumper!!!!

bri

Juniors
Let's not get too excited, the heat will sap the life out of them. Good luck to everyone and here's hoping there are no serious injuries.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Titans look like they're putting most of their first choice players on the paddock, so not expecting a win here. Will be happy if the new boys give a good account of themselves.

Guru_

Juniors
Two quick try's to warriors through Hurrell and Fusitua.

Titans 24-warriors 16 ( Godinet 1/2 Fusitua 1/1)

Diesel

Referee
How did the Warriors play? Any reports coming out yet? I thought the GC side has a lot stronger squad named than the Warriors

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I heard 42-24? Happy enough with that considering the lineup, hope some of the young guys showed some form.

SilentOne

Juniors
A serious knee injury to impact forward Sione Lousi soured Matt Elliott's first game in charge of the Warriors on Saturday night.

Elliott's youthful Warriors outfit fell 42-24 to the more experienced Gold Coast at Pizzey Park but the former Penrith and Canberra coach finished the night more concerned by Lousi's worrying injury.
The giant 23-year-old was carried off the field in the 52nd minute in pain after he came away badly from a hit-up near the Titans' line.
Lousi punched the turf in disgust after failing to get back to his feet and then writhed in agony when club medics treated his right knee on the sideline to show he's no chance to start the NRL season.
His brother Sam also finished the night with some worries as he was placed on report for a high tackle in the second half.
The incident came just as the largely unheralded visitors, down 24-6 at the time, started a third-quarter rally.
The Kiwis charged back to 24-16 down but failed to carry on as they were made to pay for a string of errors as the Titans ran away to 42-24 before clocking off.

I hate trial matches. :(