What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list 1st trial v Panthers

Stake Removed

First Grade
If you look at the positives of players who you would think wont be near the 17 for 1st half of year.

Be interesting to see how they go week in week out Jets, also very interesting that NRL stated that players outside of top 30 can play NRL due to COVID,

Dykes - he was safe, looked good ball in hand, looks a little light
Rivett - Had good kicking game, didnt panic ball in hand, he looks likely
Colqhoun - Basically played whole game, workhorse is young, he will be first grader before end of 2023.
Samrani - Another young player, player of the future
Rennie - Is back from Dogs, has played for Jets before, seeing what the other backs did if injuries strike
Hazelton - If other forwards were to work as hard as him, puts the work in
Finau - Came on 2nd half, some nice hit ups.

As said these guys are not in the top 30 but played well enough today to believe there is some potential there going forward

Chimp

Bench
As others have said Hazleton went well - looks the sort of player Craig Bellamy would sign and turn into high end first grader. Grafted his nuts off and was very effective in an unspectacular way. Should see some game time this year.
Hunt looked very heavy legged to me - Pele certainly looked the sharper and more agile of the 2.
Not much else to call out - Trindall obviously had a shocker, but am not going to hold it against him at this point, with all the chopping and changing, there was no fluency or continuity - he was a one man band essentially.
Still not seeing much other than steady away plodder from Teig, I know lots of people have big wraps on him, but I just don’t see it yet. I’d have hoped in this sort of game that he’d be standing out and having an impact.

shadowboxer

First Grade
HAHAHA Seriously, there can't be anyone forming opinions based on that game. Could there?

9 pages of dribble says otherwise - sorry let’s say 6 pages as some have decent points.
It’s a trial blah… but as a massive fan and connection to young Coluquhoun and his experience with our mob - good things ahead.
Just gotta be patient.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yes well, Trindall, not a fan. Didn't look any good last week in the exhibition game, shocking miss tackle on Maverik today and some really panic button plays from someone who is supposed to be our starting half according to some in here. Got burnt by big mobile forwards last year often, some of those were for the same result as this one. Won't see FG anytime soon if NH and MM are fit. Should have kept Chad as a back up half.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Yes well, Trindall, not a fan. Didn't look any good last week in the exhibition game, shocking miss tackle on Maverik today and some really panic button plays from someone who is supposed to be our starting half according to some in here. Got burnt by big mobile forwards last year often, some of those were for the same result as this one. Won't see FG anytime soon if NH and MM are fit. Should have kept Chad as a back up half.
Trouble is mate Chad sees himself as the main man to steer a team around the park. Couldn't even stick out the season last year when the writing was on the wall. Now that he's been signed as effectively a marquee player at the cows there won't be any excuses. We'll get to see how good or ordinary he is in a struggling side. Tricky had a bit of a shocker for the second week in a row. The only excuse you could make is that he was surrounded by unfamiliar players both games. I believe Fitz will make a good footballer out of him yet. On another note I liked Berrill when he ran but thought his service was sloppy and slow.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Trouble is mate Chad sees himself as the main man to steer a team around the park. Couldn't even stick out the season last year when the writing was on the wall. Now that he's been signed as effectively a marquee player at the cows there won't be any excuses. We'll get to see how good or ordinary he is in a struggling side. Tricky had a bit of a shocker for the second week in a row. The only excuse you could make is that he was surrounded by unfamiliar players both games. I believe Fitz will make a good footballer out of him yet
Was just kidding about Chad mate haha

Special K

Coach
Achieved what was required.

BHU was selected as a leadership role from pre season based on Fitz pre game comments. There was one diving tackle he did in cover defence which was a real effort play that I had not seen from him in the past. The sorta gap Woods would let someone walk through. Good to see late in the first half, on a 34 degree day in Feb for a trial.

Sifa, Royce and Teig had disrupted pre seasons and needed the fitness - achieved. Sifa looked angry and fit which he did not look last year. Teig was solid in D. Royce I didn't notice and never seem to notice.

Trindall had a shocker. I did think it was telling that towards the end of the game long, long after the first graders had been off he was still out there and Colqhoun was the captain.

I didn't see anything from any of the backs besides a nice run from Lualua. Didn't get much action or chances as a whole.

All in all that game had a bunch of 2021 SG Ball players/fringe Jets guys like Zac Woolford ffs. Relax. Effort was there. Bring on the dogs trial. How good is it that they are all on TV!

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Yep reckon Fitz starts the dogs trial full strength to wash away that game yesterday.

Dogs will do similar I’d suggest.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Achieved what was required.

BHU was selected as a leadership role from pre season based on Fitz pre game comments. There was one diving tackle he did in cover defence which was a real effort play that I had not seen from him in the past. The sorta gap Woods would let someone walk through. Good to see late in the first half, on a 34 degree day in Feb for a trial.

Sifa, Royce and Teig had disrupted pre seasons and needed the fitness - achieved. Sifa looked angry and fit which he did not look last year. Teig was solid in D. Royce I didn't notice and never seem to notice.

Trindall had a shocker. I did think it was telling that towards the end of the game long, long after the first graders had been off he was still out there and Colqhoun was the captain.

I didn't see anything from any of the backs besides a nice run from Lualua. Didn't get much action or chances as a whole.

All in all that game had a bunch of 2021 SG Ball players/fringe Jets guys like Zac Woolford ffs. Relax. Effort was there. Bring on the dogs trial. How good is it that they are all on TV!
Of the outside backs I do think Samrani is the one not many minutes, but something about him

That tricky shoulder charge was a bit harsh i reckon. I know it's just the way the game is now but the Penrith player dropped the ball and basically froze, not much tricky could do to stop it happening.

Latest posts