What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Round 5: Dragons V Knights

God-King Dean

Immortal
We can hold them to 3 tries or less, we are chance. If our defence turns up the way it did against Manly, it's very possible.

Any more tries than that, I seriously doubt we can win.

Thats the big concern when you have a 1 who struggles to pass and a 6 & 7 who don't seem to generate anything in attack even if the game plan from the coach isn't working surely by now they can think for themselves.

The sweep play with Dugan passing isn't really working so they shouldn't persist with it but if Marshall and Widdop continue to just shuffle across field then pass then the same will continue.

St Georgio

Juniors
As I stated on another thread, mary should go back in time and see how Tim Sheens utilized 2005 Premiership winning halves.. Scott Prince and Benji, then maybe the best will come for Widdop.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
As I stated on another thread, mary should go back in time and see how Tim Sheens utilized 2005 Premiership winning halves.. Scott Prince and Benji, then maybe the best will come for Widdop.

Yeah, he (Benji) had a halfback by is side with the ball on a string. Prince was on fire that year.

Either Benji or Widdop would be world beaters with a solid halfback next to them. Remember how well Widdop was going with Witt as halfback last year?

St Georgio

Juniors
Yeah, he (Benji) had a halfback by is side with the ball on a string. Prince was on fire that year.

Either Benji or Widdop would be world beaters with a solid halfback next to them. Remember how well Widdop was going with Witt as halfback last year?

Seriously are there geniune St George supporters/fans on this forum?

getsmarty

Immortal
Joel Thompson not phased by Knights' tactics

By MITCH JENNINGS

April 1, 2015, 8:23 p.m.
RUGBY LEAGUE

They will be foes on Saturday but Knights enforcer Beau Scott has found an unlikely ally in Dragons hard-man Joel Thompson.
The Knights have made no secret of their plan to pressure opposing halves in their 4-0 start to the season, with Scott in particular attracting criticism for some late challenges on Cowboys superstar Jonathan Thurston in round two. He continued the assault against Penrith last week, with Peter Wallace the main target.
The Knights pack will be boosted this week by the inclusion of another firebrand in Tariq Sims, who will play his first game for the club after serving a lengthy suspension.
Sims said this week that he has Dragons half Benji Marshall in his sights as the competition leaders look to continue the tactic of rattling key players.
The tactics have seen the Knights labelled a dirty team but Thompson, who will directly oppose Scott on Saturday in a mouth-watering battle, said the claims are exaggerated.
"It's got to be played fair but I think that's their style of play," Thompson said.
"I think it's been blown out of proportion a little bit by the media who've put that bad light on them.
"Because it was on Jonathan Thurston, I guess, it got a bit more attention but really they're just doing their job."
Asked about his own battle with Scott on Saturday, Thompson said: "Beau Scott's one of the best back-rowers in the game and I always look forward to the challenge of playing against quality players. It'll be no different coming up against him.
"It's a great challenge for us again. For me and for all the players there's going to be great individual match-ups and we're looking forward to it."
Thompson will go into the game playing the most consistent football of his career and has not missed a minute of game time since round 11 last year.
He's run for more than 100 metres in all four of the matches so far this year. It's prompted coach Paul McGregor to suggest representative football is not beyond him, but Thompson said he hasn't let thoughts of a rep call-up enter his mind.
"I'm just focused on what I need to do best for the team," Thompson said.
There's a lot of quality players around and it's up to the selectors who they go with. As long as I'm putting in my best performance, that's all I'm focused on."

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2986102/dragons-hardman-ok-with-beau-scotts-antics/?cs=2382

kit66

Bench
Tough game this but I think if we play like we did last week we're in with a real chance. Not many weaknesses in the Newcs line-up except maybe Gagai who can miss a tackle or 5 ( 8 last week with 4 more deemed ineffective ) so maybe we can target him, as good as he is in attack he may be their chink in the armour for us.
Good luck boys.
Go you mighty Dragons !

mickeylane

Bench
Folks it looks like we have a team to support once again!! what an effort!! The best defensive team in the NRL!! cant believe it!... well done boys!!

Another fantastic defensive effort.

Excellent effort by all 17 players.

Farrell deserves a pat on the back, much maligned, he played a very good game. Ran very hard all night.

Halves and Duges much improved.

Very happy to see the red V beat a top 8 side.

If the defence is consistently this strong we are capable of squeezing in to the top 8 !!!!

BrissyRedV

Bench
I have to give credit to Marketo. Over the last few weeks he has been great off the bench. Great technique tackling (the one where he picked up Snowden was gold) and always seems to poke his nose through in attack. At this early stage turned out to be an astute pick up.