What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday GRAND FINAL 2/10/22: PARRAMATTA EELS v Penrith Panthers

IFR33K

Coach
Good luck guys enjoy every moment and soak in the whole week. I really hope you win and beat these arrogant filthy pricks on Sunday. I’ll be going for Parra this week. I’ll pray for a miracle for you guys.

If eels win I’ll personally send u an eels jersey. That way u can support them 2023 and beyond :)

King-Gutho94

Coach
If we beat them then those records will be greatly diminished since they’ll have the same number of premierships as us during this dominant period.
Manly won 61 games and lost 13 between 1995-1997 and only finished with 1 premiership.

There was a fairytale ending in 1997 hopefully history repeats this year for us.

gaffer

Juniors
The money will come for Penrith. Amazing side.
You could win all 4 grades which is special.
Enjoy mate and may the best side win.
in 81 didn't we have all 3 grades in the GF and only win the main one ? hope it happens in reverse for penrif

Snoochies

First Grade
For clarification since Daylight Savings starts this week and us QLDers get confused when things actually start. The NRL app says kick off at 6.30pm but is that QLD time or Sydney time?

The Realist

Juniors
I still find the rise of the Panthers to be inexplicable. Look at this team list from 2019 that lost to the Cowboys who came 14th (they finished 10th themselves).

The core of their current side is mostly there. Edwards, Crichton, To’o, Cleary, Fisher-Harris, Kikau, Martin, Yeo. They even had RCG on the bench! Whatever they did in the off season before 2020 is some kind of voodoo transformation.

3 Points to make here.

1. This Panthers team supremely underperformed, after good 2017/18 seasons they were expected to be a Top 4 side in 2019.

2. Take a big look at who is missing from that team list. Api Koroisau. His experience along with his talent has made a huge difference especially in the spine.

3. That side was very very young with a lot of inexperience. Some of the 'old heads' in that team were also well and truly past their best (Whare and Maloney) Additionally that team list you posted wasn't how the team ran out for a majority of the season.

Chipmunk

Coach
I don’t understand the rave about Barrett.

Penrith are losing two assistants, if he was that great why didn’t they get him for 2023?
Because your assistants should be rotated in and out regularly. It is what Melbourne and the Roosters always do. They have got their coaching from Barrett.

Gronk

Staff member
I got on to Ticketek pretty quick. Single seats only even restricted view.

Soto

Bench
I was lucky to get 6. Wife, 3 kids and my old man.
Wanted 8. The process is a debacle.
Our hearts were pounding like the last 2 mins of the preliminary final...