What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday GRAND FINAL 2/10/22: PARRAMATTA EELS v Penrith Panthers

Delboy

First Grade
If Ray Stone hadn’t got a season ending injury, if Will Smith had decided to remain at the club rather than take up the ill fated Titans 2 year offer, JA would not be in any conversation.

The coaching staff don’t seem to see enough in Mitch Rein as cover, so almost by default the utility position has landed on JA. We may not agree, but given he’s almost an emergency replacement it is what it is.

when mentioning Will Smith, it reminds me of a Papalii , looking short term and not seeing a bigger picture, shame to see a talented player leaving to go to a side which doesn’t have enough quality to utilise his skill set. Sometimes a manager acts first, thinks later.

eel01s

Bench
I think BA saw that resting Lane and Ice means that they aren't totally gassed in the last 10 minutes. Brown can help with that.

Gronk

Staff member
If you can't get tickets, this may be the next best thing

If they plonk a big screen in front of a stand, yes. Not sure that watching the game on the screens high in the north east and south west corners would be any good.

Eelogical

Referee
A lot of sentiment, emotion and media huff gushing all the Eels while the Panthers get on with the clinical job at hand. I've seen this before and it can get the better of teams come game day. I hope BA has the lads mind clear of all the distractions while concentrating on winning the game come Sunday.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'd just bring Nrown in for JA. Forwards are the most likely ones to go down.
And we lose Reed in the first 10……

there is absolutely no minutes available for a 4th forward on the bench….

our edges pretty much play 80 mins, and there is no way we want to take them off unless it’s an injury..

Only leaves 240 mins for the remaining 6 forwards to cover the middle.

This is the current average mins from last 4 games:

Paulo - 55
RCG - 58
Marata - 42
Matterson - 57
Kaufusi - 36
3rd bench forward - 11

and edges:

Lane - 74
Papa - 77

none are playing crazy mins …..

If required due to an injury - We already have the ability to increase the minutes of the 3rd bench forward to 30 to 35 mins if required. While Kaufusi/Marata’s mins could also be increased 5 to 10 mins easily too. Others could be increased too

So if we have a 4th bench forward how do we get them some mins? Seriously question who of those players would you reduce to get Cartwright onto the field as our 4th forward?

Chipmunk

Coach
I think BA saw that resting Lane and Ice means that they aren't totally gassed in the last 10 minutes. Brown can help with that.
They were still free interchanges though due to HIA.

I can't see Junior being able to do 3 stints without a HIA if we want to give either of those two a rest.

EelsFan05

Bench
Whats everyone's thoughts about getting to the game from the wild west. Drive to Westmead and get a train. What do others do? I usually drive to the ground.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Whats everyone's thoughts about getting to the game from the wild west. Drive to Westmead and get a train. What do others do? I usually drive to the ground.
Depends where do you live.

There are major event buses from all areas of Sydney take you straight to the ground like State of Origin and Easter Show.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Will Smith is an OK player but he wasn't Craig Wing quality ffs.

He was a loss but I am not losing any sleep over it.

I honestly think Jake is a better option than Will Smith. Especially in the games he doesn't get on the field.

Smith almost always overplayed his hand.

And we lose Reed in the first 10……

there is absolutely no minutes available for a 4th forward on the bench….

our edges pretty much play 80 mins, and there is no way we want to take them off unless it’s an injury..

Only leaves 240 mins for the remaining 6 forwards to cover the middle.

This is the current average mins from last 4 games:

Paulo - 55
RCG - 58
Marata - 42
Matterson - 57
Kaufusi - 36
3rd bench forward - 11

and edges:

Lane - 74
Papa - 77

none are playing crazy mins …..

If required due to an injury - We already have the ability to increase the minutes of the 3rd bench forward to 30 to 35 mins if required. While Kaufusi/Marata’s mins could also be increased 5 to 10 mins easily too. Others could be increased too

So if we have a 4th bench forward how do we get them some mins? Seriously question who of those players would you reduce to get Cartwright onto the field as our 4th forward?
If we lose Mahoney we'll almost certainly lose anyway, but it would mostly be covered by Gutho and possibly Drown. We don't need to give a fourth benchie minutes but losing a couple of forwards to injury or hia would make that fourth forward useful.